My 1st Diary of 2023

My girls are 13 weeks old tomorrow! (Sorry, I thought this was Sunday—oops). 🫢. All of them were topped this week, trimmed a little and the snips and tops were planted for clones. We’re movin’ right along!

Side view:

Kitchen nursery:

10 Likes

Here we are at 14 weeks! They have all been topped and had some pieces trimmed off the bottom, the clippings are turning into clones.

The babies have grown so bushy, it’s getting difficult to get them all into one picture.

Side view: look at how tall, even without their tops!

Here’s a pic of the clones… they’re still green, but so far, I can’t see any roots through the clear plastic cups. They’re taking their time! That’s ok, if they all survive, it will be a huge job to raise that many babies at once… God help me when I have to trim all of THEM in a few weeks!! It will be a clone explosion! LoL.

9 Likes

Today makes it 15 weeks, and my babies are getting so tall and bushy, it’s hard to fit them in the picture. Here are two sides of my girls:

Front view

Side view:

My clones are still alive and some of them have sprouted enough roots to need bigger cups. Started up-potting them today:

More will get bigger pots tomorrow. Thanks for checking in!

6 Likes

We are at 16 weeks now. Growing well. It’s time to trim and tie down the side branches. I will be working on that this week.

Front view:

Side view. I’m going to have to turn on another light fixture so I can spread them out!

The babies are growing too… some of the ones I moved into 32 oz cups are already showing roots, and six more in the little cups need to move up to 32s. So everything’s movin’ right along!

8 Likes

Week number 17, and the big girls have moved across the room to make room for some of the clones that have grown so much, they have moved to cat tubs of their own. I have trimmed half of them today and plan to do the other half on Monday (that’s why a couple of them are off to the side, as I moved them around to make it easier to reach the others).

Big girls:

Big clones:

A dozen medium clones in 32oz cups and a bunch still in small cups… some of them will be up-potted this week. I’m gonna run out of room!

Does anyone else have a problem with throwing away clippings?? I am a clipping HOARDER. I’ve heard of SEED hoarders, but for me, it’s clippings!!

Every time I top or trim, I poke a hole, stick it down in the dirt and water them… I figure, if they live, they grow up and turn from trash to real plants in a matter of days… if they die, they weren’t meant to be. Almost none of them die! I don’t do anything special except keep them wet for awhile.

Does anyone else have this “problem” ?LoL.

5 Likes

You could possibly save them longer now…:wink::v:t4::herb:

2 Likes

Here we are again… another week (18) older… the Big Girls survived their haircuts and look bushy and happy.

The New Girls are getting taller and some of them will need to be topped and trimmed too… good heavens, what will I DO with all those beautiful potential clones? Can’t throw them away while they still have a chance at life!

The smaller girls and the babies are ALL still alive,

The infants are in the kitchen nursery… they came from the second trim, but there are a few of them that probably won’t make it. It always hurts to give up and throw one away… but I am running out of room!!

7 Likes

Week 19 and everyone still looking good.

I checked the infants and found a few that needed bigger pots. The ones in the kitchen nursery grew better than I thought… I expected to lose half of them but look at them now! The kitchen babies caught up with the other clippings and so far, only one was beyond hope.

Five of the babies have been potted in medium pots, they are across the front:

Next we have the first clones:

And here are the big girls… they need to be trimmed again, but I will have a lot of clippings to make clones from later!! Whoohoo!

7 Likes

20th Week, everything progressing nicely.

Some of the kitchen babies have sprouted roots and have been moved into the plant room… they will be getting bigger pots this week. Some of the rest are turning yellow and may not survive, but most of them still look like they are trying to live:

The small and medium girls on the table have been moved into 1 gallon pots, the previous small ones have been put in 32oz cups.

The med-large first-cut clones are almost big enough to be trimmed and topped. I guess we’ll have clones of clones at that point, LoL.

The big girls need to be trimmed again and have some branches tied down… they are big enough to go into 12/12 light, but I’m trying to give the smaller ones a chance to catch up. They are getting so big! One is about 5 ft!

8 Likes

Pictures will be a day late this week.

wish you have a fruitful harvest :heartbeat:

Week 21 + 1 day… The girls are growing, getting tall and bushy. These got their second trim and tied down this week (note: the plant in the front right corner of the picture has not received its string tie-downs yet, I discovered that I had planted it in a bucket that hadn’t been drilled yet!)

I should flip the lights to 12/12 but the first-cut clones are not ALL big enough to go into flowering. I’m trying to wait until these girls get bigger. They are past due for their first “haircut” then we’ll have clones from clones!! (But they’re gonna have to cool their heels in the fridge for a while!)

These are getting bigger and are in need of their own cat buckets, but I have no room in the plant room. I can barely walk through it now! (The 5 in front just got promoted from 32 oz cups.)

In the 32 oz section, we have new arrivals from the kitchen nursery… they finally grew enough roots to see them in the sides/bottom of their 9 oz starter cups. They just got promoted to the plant room and their first 18/6 cycle… first nap times!

These are still in the Kitchen Nursery under 24 hour plant lights. I checked them this week and most of them show nubs… so they are trying to sprout roots! I fully expect at least half of them to join their sisters in the plant room within the next two weeks:

4 Likes

Please flip these pants into flower!
It’s past time. For real.
Good luck!

@numbskull

I want to, and will soon. My problem is that I don’t have anywhere to put all the plants that still need 18/6.

I have to rig some kind of covers or something.

Thanks.

1 Like

Twenty-two weeks + a day…

Everyone growing well… lots of changes this week. In the extra-large department, I am doing an experiment with the laundry hamper to see if more dirt and more airflow will help the plant grow more buds. Stay tuned!

The Large section (the first clones) are also fat & sassy. They got their first haircuts (trimmed & topped) this week. Even though they could use a couple more weeks in 18-6 light, I think they are big enough to join their moms in the 12-12 section. The plant room is in chaos tonight because my growing partner brought the tent upstairs so we can isolate the younger plants and keep them on 18-6 as the bigger ones start their flowering period. The clones were moved around to make room for the tent, but things will be resolved tomorrow. Some clones are across the front and the others are still in their usual spot.

The Mediums and Smalls are now in the tent:

Some of the babies graduated to 32 oz and some 32s got new gallon pots this week… in the next few days, almost all of the 32s will be up-potted to gallon pots. So next weeks pics should show that.

The kitchen nursery is thinning out as some get promoted and others get tossed.

One last note… things have been crazy around here this week… you might be wondering why we decided to bring the tent upstairs instead of simply carrying the young’uns downstairs…

Well, I had emergency surgery on a detached retina and am temporarily (I hope it’s temporary) blind in one eye. So caring for my green babies has been more challenging lately.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 Likes

Shit man, hope you have a speedy recovery and re-gain sight in your eye. Much love.

Week 23: still growing, getting tall and bushy… the big ones, the originals, have had their branches tied down, but the tops are so bushy, the lower branches aren’t getting enough light, so we will be shuffling things around this week to spread them out. Also… they’re flowering already! As soon as we flipped the lights to 12-12, BOOM, hairs everywhere!!!

The first clones are a little smaller than their mamas, but they are showing signs of flowering as well.

The ones in the gallon pots and 32oz cups had to find a new home, cuz they were not ready for 12-12 lights. The guys brought the tent up from the basement… but you know how men are… always having trouble with their zippers!! LoL. The zipper got stuck, then it broke off, and so the tent was no longer light-tight and had to be removed. I decided to move them across the hall into the other bedroom and they rigged up a light and covered the windows… so now I temporarily have a second plant room!

Ten of my kitchen babies got promoted to 32oz cups this week and 4 of my 32s got upgraded to gallon pots. So here’s a look at my 2nd plant room that is still on 18-6:

Only have a dozen babies left in the kitchen nursery, and I’m afraid we will be losing about half of them over the coming days. Most of them were trimmings from 5-1-23 so they’ve had a lot of time to root. Once their leaves turn yellow and there is no new growth (either above or below the soil), it will be time to say goodbye. :disappointed_relieved:

As for my zombie eye, doc says the retina is reattached, so that’s the good news… but the bad news, there has been unexpected bleeding, so if it doesn’t resolve itself, I may have to go into another surgery.

Still blind as an earthworm but I can tell if there is light anywhere nearby. I’m no artist, but I did my best to draw what I see when there is enough light… I am taking my drawing to the office tomorrow to ask doc if this is normal:

So that’s all for this week. Planning to add Dr Earth Flower Girl fert this week. Thanks for checking in!

2 Likes

Week #24: Hello again!

My big girls and my first-cut clones are all officially FLOWERING!!! Whoo whoo!!! You’re gonna notice the changes as you scroll my pictures:

The Big Girls: (I had to turn on the third bank of lights and spread them out so the light could reach the lower branches… It’s getting hard to get all of them in the picture):

This is a close up of the plant by the closet, where I put up a makeshift growth chart:

I made the growth chart because Miranda said I should:

Here are some bushy flowers:

Her baby flowers look good, don’t they?

Next we have the clone girls… I have to step out the door to get them all in the picture:

A closeup of their flowers getting started:

Plant Room #2: All of the gals in the gallon pots need cat buckets, but I just don’t have the room:

Here’s a close up of the younger girls… you may notice that there are three of the 9oz cups in the middle tray. That’s because the kitchen babies are no longer in the kitchen… several were promoted to 32oz cups, and a few were probably never going to produce roots. They had no nubs and almost all their leaves had turned yellow, so we said fairwell to them this week. The last 3 moved to the 18/6 room. I’ll give them another week or two and see if they survive. We got 14 survivors out of 25 snips with 3 more still possible… not bad for having no clonex, no dome and the wrong starting dirt.

So that’s where we are this week. My eye looks better from the outside (still lots of red like I got drunk for two days) but at least it’s no longer black. The gas bubble has shrunk a lot, but there’s still a blood jellyfish in there and I’m still as blind as an earthworm on that side.

:frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

Hopefully I’ll have better news next week. Hope all you Daddys out there had a wonderful Father’s Day!

7 Likes

Looks good, hope for good results :blush: :+1: :heart: :evergreen_tree:

Nice setup!

1 Like