My 1st Grow (Bruce Banner+Gelato)

I accidentally mixed them up at germination, but I’m pretttttty sure 7 are Bruce Banner(sativa) and 1 is Gelato(indica). I have 5 in 3gal fabric pots, and 3 in 1.75gal plastic pots.
My set-up is a 2x4x5 tent w/ active intake (295cfm fan+carbon filter out and 240cfm fan in), a 100w LED w/dimmer, and 2 fans inside. Plus, a humidifier that I’ll most likely not be needing in this stage…

In this pic they’re 10 weeks + 4 days old, and JUST began the flowering stage… I usually water every 3 days, but I’m sure that’ll increase soon. I’ll give them one more heavy feeding of Veg nutes this week, then next week I’ll move on to Blooming nutes. Any observers, please, give me any tips you got.:+1:t5:

23 Likes

Happy plants! :sunglasses: :+1:

I’ll pull up a chair for this. :couch_and_lamp: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Looking good for a first grow and a nice set up to start.Some friendly advice i would give a firsr timer is get more lights as soon as you can, for 10wks and 4 days of veg they could be alot bigger.
It would also give you much thicker buds.Will follow along an cheering you on to a happy harvest.

4 Likes

I’m in :+1:. (to get my 10 letters…)

1 Like

Look good so far. I will grab a seat and follow along.

2 Likes

I bought 2 cheap LED’s off Amazon, they’re 25w each?.. I was thinking of maybe hanging them crookedly on the opposite far ends, realllly low(height wise)…Does that sound like a good idea??:man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

@Newblowskii
Sounds fine any extra light will help your grow…I have a 1000w HPS in the middle of my tent and 3 1000w equivelent LED angled in on the perimeter.

1 Like

What if my temps right now are usually 77-80 degrees during the day…think extra lights will raise the heat?? I’ve never used them, so I don’t really know the strength.

2 Likes

They are LED and 25watts they should not run your temps much higher than what they are now.

1 Like

don’t want to be a bummer but for 8 plants to get anything from them id get at least 2 1000w equivalent leds. viparspectra makes a decent one for the money. trust me you will thank me for this as you go thru your grow. i learned the hard way. you vet. growers back me up on this and help this guy out. and thats only if your running in the pots you have to the end. if you’re uppotting you would need a third in there and a lot more space.

2 Likes

if it gets too hot get more fans in there or a stronger out going fan to circulate the air better.

1 Like

Ok, so now my girls are at about 13 weeks…3rd week of flower. I’ve gotten a new “1000w” LED from MarsHydro off amazon, which has a bigger lighting range. They seem to be transitioning pretty well to me, but what do I know…:man_shrugging:t5: Lol

Also, I’m still having a heat problem…I have 3 fans inside, 3 for exhaust, and 1 huge fan for intake…should I just use the big fan I’m using as intake to exhaust?..or?..

7 Likes

What is the temp of the air you are bringing in? I would use a big fan to pull the hot air out and a smaller one to pull in. But, your situation may be different then mine. Sounds like the way you are doing it is not working as well, so why not try something different?

1 Like

Bigger exhaust is better. I have a 400cfm exhaust and another same size fan for intake. This is in a 4’x4’x6’ tent. Running one Spider Farmer 4000 led. Still had to add an air conditioner to control temps.
So I would recommend more light - at least double what you have, and much bigger exhaust.

2 Likes

There is something weird going on here.

What is the temp of the room?
What is the temp of the tent?
How many watts are you running?
Why do you have 7 fans?
Define how hot is too hot.

I run 300 true watts in a 2x4 of mars tsl2000 LED with 1 exhaust fan running at ~100CFM and this barely raises the temp of my tent one degree.

3 Likes

Unscrew the ballast from the light and mount it outside of the tent, that might help a bit but really if you have any kind of fresh air coming in this light shouldn’t cause that much extra heat, a few degrees maybe, not more

3 Likes

@Stevie1durr @Bullitt @Foreigner @Old-Ron

I have a 2’x2’x4’ tent in my closet: the closet is always about 79-83 degrees, tent varies from 74-84 degrees (day/night)… I have a 4” Vivosun @ 195cfm fan pulling air out through a 4” Hygro carbon filter inside the tent, and 2 4” booster fans both @ 100cfm each pulling air out to a 4” Vivosun carbon filter sitting outside the tent… then, a 6” booster fan w/ speed controller @ 240cfm bringing air in(i have a portable A/C blowing at this). Also, I have 2 Vivosun oscillating fans and a fan on the floor. I wanna be able to keep the temps around 75 degrees all day…

3 Likes

My main problem for the hi temps in the tent was the room the tents in. The summer here can be tough when you want to seal off a room from the outside air (a lot of backyard growers here and the bugs and pollen are everywhere) and no central air. I had to put in a window ac unit to solve the heat problem and have to run a heater in the winter to keep night time temps up.

Man you are almost perfect under the led lights, anything below 80F is golden. I would use the 240cm for exhaust. Just my opinion.

1 Like

80ish is fine I wouldn’t worry.

Your exhaust/fan system is over engineered. I would cut them all out except for the 4” 195 cfm/filter and see what happens.

Also, just as important, where is your temperature sensor? If it’s near the lights it can give false high readings. I have 3 - the one at the lights hits 29c and the ones below and above the lights read 25c so you can see the difference.

2 Likes

I have one up top sorta above the lights, and another hanging about half way down the side of the tent