My 4x4 tent (multistrain quantum boards)

the lights are at full power now (~695w) and start to chunk up and get a lil frosty :smiley: and develop some delicious smells. i still think the northern lights smells like blueberry which i’m not sure if it’s supposed to?!

7 Likes

lookin great dude. I think the only thing I don’t like about the quantum boards is that they act like a single point source of light even though they are more spread than say a cob. id like em more with half the diodes more spread out and maybe ran a bit harder. but that’s why I chose eb strips eh? hahahaha

i guess it would if you only had 1 board. i have 4 boards and the fixture is 16" x 30" it seems to provide decent coverage. it was my first build and i liked the convenience of a predrilled heatsink etc as it seemed overwhelming at first but now that i’ve built one and realize how easy it is i’ll be doing a custom build next time and hopefully designed for an open room and not a tent :sunglasses:

i also prefer to overdrive things, i figure i won’t be using this lamp in 2 years anyways (at least for flowering) so i don’t see a point in underdriving for small gains in efficiency. the technology is advancing so fast and prices dropping i can’t even imagine how good the lights will be in 5 years. way better than what i have now i’m sure.

3 Likes

so i originally thought i flipped on nov 4 but i just noticed i updated my status elsewhere on Nov 6 with “12/12 engaged!” so this is either day 28 or day 26. maybe i’ll just call it day 27 :confused:
they are being fed maxibloom powder and mammoth p

theres little fuckers flying around and i’m not sure if they are fungus gnats or adult thrips. i’ve been spraying method 1 pps about twice a week still. have enough left for 2 more applications so i think i’ve gotten the thrips taken care of. maybe i should let the pots dry a bit or order more nematodes.

sour diesel

green crack - this one is showing a bit of tip burn but only on the upper leaves - i dialed the maxibloom back from 10g/G to 7.5g/G for this feeding

northern lights

bag seed

white widow

5 Likes

Hey bud,
I don’t see any thrip damage on the leaves at all. Probably fungus gnats, especially if they are flying in a zig-zag pattern.

3 Likes

What is your runoff pH? It looks like your pH is too high and the White widow strats to Have some deficits :-/ And get some yellow stickers and put them everywhere :smiley: It really helps. Keep growing! :muscle:

thanks yeah i’ve been spraying for thrips pretty frequently since i defoliated about 2 weeks in flower and saw lots of damage. i thought i had gotten them then 2 days ago while trying to sex my solo cup plant i saw a thrips running up the stem so i sprayed that day and again today. fucking bastards can reproduce on their own so you have to get every. last. one.

i don’t understand how fungus gnats can just appear tho because i already dealt with them once. is there dormant eggs in my medium or do they come from elsewhere in the house? i’m gonna have to look up on them more. i’ve been trying to hit them in the air while spraying method 1 pps but i don’t think it works on them lol but i think you’re right i never really saw thrips flying before and haven’t seen any again since that 1 loner - nematodes otw

1 Like

i’m going to guess my ph is around 5 at the highest maybe 5.2 - i used to have to add about 2ml of PH up to bring it to 5.5-6 and stopped doing it a while ago. that white widow is a finicky bitch i stopped giving her special treatment - have heard from a couple people she’s a needy strain for them too

edit: oh runoff ph, never checked runoff, i rarely water til runoff because i don’t like refilling my jugs too many times. next year i’m getting a rez and either drippers or ebb/flow

1 Like

Haha! Same way they magically appear on bananas that get left out too long in the kitchen. The little MF’ers are everywhere.

Edit: get some yellow sticky-cards. They work well on adult fungus gnats and give you a good idea of what else is in your room.

1 Like

yeah thats a great point, as soon as conditions are favourable for them they seem to appear pretty quickly. maybe watering daily isn’t so great for me, but how does it work for people who do coco hydro with 4+ cycles a day? i guess prevention

im going to order some nematodes and gnat stix. they come with popsicle sticks to staple em to. those safers sticky stakes or whatever were a bitch to put together last time.

1 Like

What do you mean? what cycles?

like watering cycles (ebb flow/drip lines)

In coco or clay pebles or perlite? I recently had a prolem. maybe its simular. I got coco drips in my tent a I started to water 3times a day. very small amount of water. About 200ml for one watering (600ml a day for a plant) And all of my plants started to lok really bad. they stopped growing. the Ph went really high (7.5!) and all of my mocro nutes locked out. I stopped eatering for 4 days. I let the coco to dry out properly. I changed the nutes. I went from Greehouseseeds powder feeding to Advanced nutirnets. After days a watered them eith pH 5.8 and runoff was 6.4 instead of 7.5. the plants started to grow in like 2-3 days and now they are so healthy :slight_smile: I water every 3days now and it seems to work great :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes i’m not sure i know crazy dago runs an ebb/flow table and i think coco and he floods 2 or 3 times a day - maybe when treating it like hydro you need a smaller pot or bigger root mass so it’s drying out faster. i’m in 5g pots so it takes 1-2 days to dry out. what size are your pots? or perhaps it needs to be 50% perlite at least so the roots can get lots of oxygen. did you have airstones in your rez to oxygenate the water?

1 Like

My smartpots are only 1galon :smiley: But they are completly full with roots. And I have corc in the coco so it hold a bit more water than 100% coco and more water then coco+perlite. I dont use air stones. Evry time I water I filtr fresh RO water and it goes straight in to the plants. But I have air pump and I am planin to use it asap just to be sure :slight_smile: But that might the part of a mistake I have made. That I didnt have air stones in my reservoiar when I watered 3times a day…

Fix it asap! Good luck!

my northern lights is the frostiest one so far … and the best smelling too - i am now slowly reducing nutrient dosages until flush

6 Likes

here’s a night shot

11 Likes

this is day 35 of flower. 5 weeks completed and i think the majority of my strains were 7 weekers and maybe one or two 8 week strains. i have been feeding heavily this entire time so i think i’ll feed plain water for the rest. i’ve decided i’m probably too lazy to do a major flush and am hoping this will be enough.

(the pictures taken with flash seem to make it appear yellow than it is)

Sour Diesel

Green Crack

Northern Lights

Unknown Bagseed

White Widow

5 Likes

You grow in Coco right? I would definetly not watered with plain water man. This is the Time of their lives when they need nutrients the most. Do some nice flush and feed them until Last week. Then you need to use some flush solution. Not Just water. They still need to eat. I sugest Advanced nutrients flawless finish :wink: ready about it on their web :wink:

1 Like