My 4x4 tent (multistrain quantum boards)

ok i’ll just cut back, i was feeding 1.5x the lucas formula every day and never watering til runoff

I am always watering till 30% runoff. And then I measure runoff water to see how my salts build up so I know if There is any problem its probably Time to flush :slight_smile: like today my Ec runoff was 3.7 :smiley: So I flushed with 30L of water and runoff was 1.8 :smiley: But they look great! :muscle:

do you recycle your coco and if so do you treat or amend it in any way? remove roots?

No I did not. My pots are only 1galon and full of roots. It not problem for me to buy new one for 10 bucks :slight_smile:

Exactly prevention you cover your medium so no light hits it making fungus not able to grow so fungus gnats cant lay eggs the larvae are whats harmful not the adults

ya i have about 2 inches of perlite on the top of every pot but i’m not sure if its working. i still see some FG anyways. gonna need to stock up on nematodes they’re just kind of pricey on amazon.ca

i’m going to have to look in to breeding or reproducing nematodes, i wonder how feasible that would be

1 Like

I’m trying out nematodes for fungus gnats today.

I think lotus can help you out with this

Technically, quality compost is crawling with them. The difference is these are cultured to target fungus gnats specifically. Hopefully they stick around and become part of the eco-system.

yes you need the S feltiae species i believe. i know they didn’t stick around my pots because i didn’t have enough food for them to survive. you need to continually water them in, i think they mainly only target pests so i don’t think you’d want them to stick around. would mean you have a pretty bad infestation i think.

@Growinnblowin thanks but his answer would be bring outside inside :stuck_out_tongue: and i’m not doing that

@lotus710 do you know how to breed nematodes ??

1 Like

Hahaha i ment with the nematodes hahaha XD and yea he is ummm lets say passionate about what he does

1 Like

That’s an understatement! I’m seeing gnats in my living room :smiling_imp:

1 Like

i was checking with a loupe and noticed one spot with ~25% amber so i grabbed the clip on attachment to take some pictures and it must have just been that one place i checked, but they’re getting close i think. using the loupe attached to a tablet was very hard to keep it still for a picture. i will continue to keep an eye and i’m gonna go find a ripe bud to pick off for quality assurance :smiley: also grabbing my digital camera to get more pictures of the plants

5 Likes

Is your mind playing tricks on you?

2 Likes

no the first place i checked was real amber but i couldn’t find that spot again, i’m gonna hunt it down and pick it off

1 Like

day 39 or 40

northern lights - 49 day strain - this one has very few red hairs but most mature trichomes

sour diesel - 70 day strain

green crack - no flowering time suggested by breeder, read 50-60 on another breeders page but has 0 red hairs - will have to reach back there to check trichomes some how

unknown bagseed - looks like she’s getting close

white widow - 56 days suggested. this one has the most red hairs but lots of clear trichomes. hopefully it swells a bit still

7 Likes

My bets on the bag seed or that NL. Looking nice LC!

1 Like

Never count out a bag seed.

:seedling::herb::deciduous_tree:

yes the bag seed has a very fruity smell and feels pretty dense. the green crack has the longest left to go so i’m hoping it might get a little frostier and bulk out more. the sour diesel is looking like the biggest colas so far but the northern lights has the most bud sites and will probably be the highest yielder and frostiest. the white widow is disappointing in yield and potency but i think that is partially on me, it wanted special treatment and i wouldn’t give it to her lol. the breeder info said 24% THC and huge yields so either i got a shitty pheno or i did a shitty job on it (i did lol) but i only popped one seed of each strain. except the bag seeds, i popped 20-25 and kept the most vigorous one.

1 Like

well i’m very pleased when i looked at my tent now compared to the first picture in this thread. i should be jailed for mistreating them so badly, may the cannabis gods forgive me! the plants are beginning to swell up, one is getting fairly purple and another has a couple purple spots on leaves so far. will update pictures in a bit. but my question is, how long does senescence usually take after it has begun? one plant has maybe 1.5-2 weeks (the one fairly purple already) and another i thought was a 7-8 week strain is actually a 10 week strain, so can i reverse the senescence by resuming feeding?

thanks!

4 Likes