My Bubble hash making tech

I asked the guy where he got the micron bags he says amazon hah hah. So I flew to the amazon rain forest looking for some… They’re in the mail.

3 Likes

awww yah!

seeya at the contest homies!!! That’s a picture of me there.

2 Likes

well, I used the press to make some rosin out of a dried bud. I just origami-ed that thing into a parchment envelope and hit it at 74C/180S pressure level 6. Classic died and dried brown rosin, but it tasted funky! Made from some old buds that are like coffee. I think the rosin press is where my origami skills are going to shine lol!

2 Likes

Lmao funniest shit I heard all day

1 Like

awwww yah! The rosin bags are here. Wow! This means I am going to start a new thread, dedicated to cranking out live rosin from freeze dried hash. Also… making the freeze dried hash. I’ll just be replicating the award winning method from the contest. I mean, in my own way. Freeze dry in the freezer and plunk into a jar for 30 days of curing. Exciting!!!

6 Likes

here we go! Off to a new adventure!

5 Likes

So kief would be the same ($40.00) ?

Awesome thread. Very informative. I’ve been wanting to make good colored hash without the huge costs of a freeze drier. So you just put the cut up pieces on parchment then sit it in the the freezer open? No cover or anything? I wonder if pizza boxes would work? I have quite a bit of bud and a regular fridge with a small freezer on top. So pizza boxes would be easier to stack in there. I wonder whats the worse thing that could happen.

3 Likes

Should work fine I just put mine on a screen covered in parchment paper.

3 Likes

Yah the objective is to have thin or tiny bits so they can freeze dry. It’s the same rules as a regular freeze drier, just takes more time. The water has to sublime from ice form into vapor, so you can toy with the rules using thermodynamics, but the key is cold, and lots of it. If you are already making fresh frozen buds into hash, then you just need to start freeze drying it and you can crank out some prize winning hash. That’s what I did.

5 Likes

@JoeCrowe have you tried the cured product yet? I have not cured many strains but the ones I have cured so far have benefited a lot. I was sceptical too so pretty happy with the results. Increased smell and flavour and smoothed it out on the dab. I am doing it similar to you with it going straight into a jar and in a fridge for a month without disturbing it. Only difference is your product is much finer than mine. I just press flower rosin from cured buds. Not as smooth as hash rosin so the cure helps.

3 Likes

mmm yah I ripped it and I have another batch all crystallized up as well. It turns solid and sparkly, tastes real good!

1 Like

never knew i could just dry in any freezer, thanks man.

1 Like

It’s where the flavor is at, for sure! Make sure you specially prepare it to dry in the freezer or else it’ll take forever.

2 Likes

There’s the batch of rosin I’m testing today, it’s been curing in the fridge for 2 months and it’s like a little rock. It smells sublime and tastes lovely!

8 Likes

Yeah they can change a lot while curing. I also had it go crystalised. Once it warmed to room temp it was still quite hard. Like it was a honeycomb or something with the syrups between the structure. So once I mashed it and stirred it up it went very runny. Then all the smells came out and wow! Very tasty.
Oh yeah, and looks like a metallic tan colour. I’m not sure where all the sparkles come from :woozy_face:

3 Likes

one day I’ll examine it at a microscopic level… see what sparkles. The sparkles have been seen in bubble hash and the rosin. Even the rosin fails I made sparkles in the light.

2 Likes

@JoeCrowe I started at the end of the thread to say - I am just starting my journey

• the washer and bags have arrived today and I need to practice.
2 Likes

sweet! Can’t wait to see what you can crank out.

1 Like

I seriously doubt this is the end of the thread. hehehe. This is a game changer.

I’m getting confident enough I ordered 25micron rosin press bags. My pics are horrible because i didn’t want it out of the freezer long enough to take good ones. Over halfway dry, but still some darker/wet areas. I was worried about freezer burn, but I don’t really know what freezer burn is or how it works, and it hasn’t appeared.

5 Likes