My Bubble hash making tech

well according to what I call…the camera focus eyeball test, the king tut should be twice as good as the sugar black rose in terms of yield. Not nearly as good as the big bud.
I use somewhat-not-radical approach of zooming in with the microscope then using the camera to snap a photo using the same settings. Then I count all the trichome heads that are in-focus in the image. LOL! then I make my somewhat educated guess on the yield potential. Then! I do the hash run and collect the empirical data to see if my theory has any predictive power. Lack of it making accurate predictions about the outcome means it’s a flawed theory.

1 Like

oh I forgot, the king tut outcome isn’t one of the predictions, I’ve already done that test. But I never got super hard data to compare the black rose or king tut at a fundamental level to the big bud. Was never really interested in boring into the bedrock of the data because I guess I never cared. I mean, it was obvious which made the better and more grams of hash. The data gathering runs are just for fun! But now, since I have a theory to test, I need more solid data I can stand on.

2 Likes

That sounds like a reasonable sampling method to start.

Cheers
G

1 Like

here’s my pride and joy. Part of my home laboratory! capable of 1600x phase contrast.

8 Likes

That is a sweet piece of kit!!

Cheers
G

1 Like

reminds me! I noticed AMS is one of the sponsors here. They are my best friends! Listen to what happened:
I had ordered some seeds from them, and since I am not really human, I don’t have a credit card. It took quite a bit of effort to get the bank to wire the cash in euros. They kept asking me if I was sponsoring terrorism or something. I told them I was ordering botanical samples from Switzerland. OK so they got the cash then it was a waiting game. I paid them the extra loot to ensure delivery. Because they will take cash and make sure you get the seeds. A month later I got a message from them saying how are those seedlings? I told them I never got the seeds. So they said they sent a new batch. Wouldn’t you know it? 15 days later both batches showed up. I messaged them and said what happened - and they told me it was great news! So…I gave them an excellent review - they really did what they said they were going to.
edit: I ordered the big bud from there.

2 Likes

ok great news! I made the king tut batch from 518 grams. I admit, it was anemic, I usually use more, but! It was for an experiment so it’s all good. I’m not going to solvent extract this batch - I’ll save that for the SBR and I can do the king tut any time it’s my #2 homie.
Looks like I made a respectable 10 gram nugget of pure gold :heart:

6 Likes

blammo! We have freeze dried hash! I can still make a ball of it by pressing the scissors into the pile - no heat needed. Take that frenchy. Man, I can’t believe some of the strange shit I read on these forums. Like, I’m not talking about a particular incident, but nuts things…nuts. Anyways, I just freeze dry it in the freezer for 24 hours, a day after I make the hash. I take the pile in the bottom of the hash bag, dry it 12 hours, put it in the freezer and freeze it there for 24 hours. voila! With no special equipment, you can easily keep cranking out more freeze dried hash than you could ever vape. <- no hyperbole :wink:

7 Likes

wow looking back at the photos of the other freeze dried hash, they look different for sure! This batch is far more amber than the big bud. I mean that’s what I meant by take that frenchy I was nuking his unsubstantiated claims about the color you get in the hash.

1 Like

You cannot argue about your results! Damn that looks FINE!!

Well done Bro…

Cheers
G

3 Likes

ok here’s some nice photos. Left is some bigbud hash and right is the kingtut. Just so you can see the colors when it’s been dried on the shelf as well.

I vaped that shit mmm good. They each have a different taste as well.

6 Likes

so the king tut was 518 = 11grams. 47 = 1
big bud was 828 = 36grams. 23 = 1
That means the king tut yields 48 percent of the big bud. ouch!!! and the sugar black rose was lower than that…yikes! Hopefully my meat breath ratio will be better! We’ll see. I am going to do a final stage on the sugar black rose soon, which includes measuring and making the hash from it, then calculating how much it sucks. I love this meaty data, I never really quantified it accurately before.

1 Like

eventually I’ll go back and make sure that the sampling method I chose matches with the data I’m producing. I mean…at least some kind of ballpark eh? The final test is the empirical data, but I definitely want to zero in on an observation that can predict the outcome ahead of time with some degree of accuracy. Or determine what that degree is :wink:

like a oz of bubble hash…

1 Like

@regulator: 28 gram batch makes you warm inside? lol, I agree!

1 Like

ok I’ve really been putting off making the black rose hash. It’s because I hate wasting my time lol and efforts on garbage. sigh I really have to do it though. Which means I have to gather up all the oil garbage on the screen. Then… I’ll go back to editing minecraft graphics. hah hah talk about time wasting… I took all the SBR shitbuds and put them to dry so I can make some oil out of it. Probably got a large ziplock of the stuff. I should have just tossed it perhaps. and saved myself a bunch of time and effort. Hard to toss good product though! On the growing license it tells me I should burn all the extras. Well…That’s the plan anyways :wink:

2 Likes

And so on! Into the void! I put 634 grams of sugar black rose in and I think I have 6 grams of hash in return. What a pile of poo! Soon we’ll see how it compares to the rest of 'em after the hash pile dries out. I took some photos so you can see the nast!

Worst Hash Production Ever! - Comic Book Guy

8 Likes

The big bud plants are some kind of nuts hash producers, I’ve only seen something like it once before in my life.

2 Likes

Don’t you just hate it when a plant looks and smells nice, but produces zero hash/oil? That’s the stuff I throw in pre-rolls.

2 Likes

Oh yes, it’s extremely irritating! I hate making a hash batch and getting less than 20 grams, it makes me feel I’ve wasted my life. LOL! Usually I’ll experiment with one plant out of 8 as the “experimental plant” then decide if it’s garbage. Unfortunately I had already started blooming a new batch of the crap plants before I made the hash so I had to suck it up. hah and now I made 3 of the meat breath plants and bloomed those, it could be a total waste of time. But… I also grew 4 big bud plants, so I can count on making at least 125 grams of hash in this next round if the meat breath produce nothing at all. Realistically, I live day to day based on the number of grams of hash I have left. Once the count reaches zero, I’m super depressed!
Down to business… I got 634 gram in and produced 7 grams out. 90 grams = 1 gram. OUCH!!!
summary: KT 47 = 1, SBR 90 = 1, and BB 23 = 1
I knew the sugar black rose sucked ass…but man! How much suckage wasn’t quantified until now.

3 Likes