My first grow omg

So I grew up with Ppp, I’m from Delta Colorado which is a stones throw from Paonia which is part of Delta County. I talked to a few friends that still live there. They told me an old friend Scott might have some seeds. I called him and it turned out his dad had a few so I got him to send me some. All his dad had left was 8 seeds, he sent me 3, so I have one in the soil with fingers crossed that it sprouts lol. Hope that helps lol. I dont care if it comes up male at this point, if it does ill collect pollen, if not Ill plant the other two and hope I get one male to collect pollen.

5 Likes

That’s awesome. There will be lots of PPP seed floating around soon, if you get a male, save some pollen, someone will be interested in using it on the line that got reproduced here.

3 Likes

Yeah thats my plan. I cant wait to see them sprout lol.

3 Likes

Bro all you need is a fem actually. I (and many others) have ppp pollen from a recent run by mister Doug. I would be more than happy to send to you to make f2s.

1 Like

Oh cool, didnt now, guess Ive got a bit of time; still waiting on the one I planted to peak its head out of the soil lol. But if you have pollen and i get a fem, i’d sure could use the polen to make the f2’s for a comunity giveaway

So been looking at these lights to add to what I have. Whats everyones thoughts?

1 Like

Got any specs you can share with us? Price?

1 Like

As a main source of light for a plant I would say no. But as a supplemental light it would be okay.

2 Likes

I agree with @darkillusion

Don’t buy anything blurple.

It will work but it’s hideous on the eyes.

2 Likes

Thanks, ill keep it in mind.
Update. Not sure why it took so long but first few started comiñg out, but have an issue with one of them. The shell is stuck on the top. Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated

2 Likes

@AceHigh , I just put a drop of water on helmet heads every few hours, they usually will drop off on their own. Occasionally manually removing them is required, must be very careful doing that.

I have found placing my sprouted seeds a little deeper in my starter soil keeps most of my sprouts from having this issue.

7 Likes

Wow that did take a while didn’t it

2 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.

1 Like

Yeah was about to give up hope on anything sprouting lol

1 Like

Let them sprout then put them in grow medium. Skip doing the paper towel method…

1 Like

I agree with this

Thats what I did. I started in shot glass and when they sank I put them in the grow medium. I didnt wait on sprout on them. I think that was the problem. At day 9 I dug them up figuring they were duds because a friend had told me that if they hadnt spoutd in 10 days they werent going to root. I found that 3 of the 5 I planted were just starting to root so gently covered them back up. Two days later these two popped up.

2 Likes

Update, I got the seed husk off Yes!, i did as @Sasquatch said and put a couple drops of water on it and let it set for a couple hours. It looked like it lubed it up a bit so i put a bit more on it and took a sewing needle and pushed on the edge of the shell and it popped the top half of the shell off. Then the bottom half fell off about an hour later.thanks @Sasquatch.

8 Likes

Good on ya man

1 Like