My first Noob scrog photo-log

Thanks man. Maybe i should. That sounds like a very nice package for a small price.
And i have to admit… i do enjoy growing with LED.

If i could just win just a little on the lottery, and buy up the house nextdoor to expand my available growing space :rofl:
One can only dream…

About 2 weeks yet to go (maybe 3) untill harvest.
I seem to have some nice ones forming that 'll be between 20-30cm long.
Sorry for crap lighting pics. Forgot to take the pics before turning on the lamp.

7 Likes

Great job on the canopy! :call_me_hand: :star_struck:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Quick update:

Buds are fattening and ripening. Not much immediate visual change to be noticed. Trichs are still obviously clear.

I’ve got 4 girls and each are very different fenos especially when it comes to the buds. Makes me consider keeping a mom again. Been looking into this lately and i’m very intrigued.

Top plant is creating some rock-hard monsters. Pistils on that one are still pure white so seems like it still hase some time left on the clock.

2 of them are doing fine. Nothing extraordinary though.

I have one punk. But she’s been having fits since the start and is showing weird buds. But looks like she will still deliver soms smokeable buds at the least.

6 Likes

Outside is starting to look ready. Pistils are browning and curling in.
Trichomes are still completely clear so not quite there yet.

1_20201112_070128

6 Likes

Time for harvest!

Too late to start at it today. I’m putting them in the dark and getting to it tomorrow after work.

More detailed update to follow.

10 Likes

Harvesting is done.

Manicuring was an effort but due to the thieving of little growth onder the net i had a lot less work with popcorn buds.
I still have a few but maybe i’ll use them for hash or something later on with the good quality cuttings.

It’s pretty cold outside now and the window was open a little too long. Made me worried that they dried too fast. But using the boveda packs in the jars i should still be fine

20201121_160100

Tester tasted verynice. Also quite strong. All very good and well. Nog letting them cure a while but it’ll be tough not smoking it to soon. Getting to the end of the stash :rofl:

7 Likes

What an excellent job WRD… start to finish it was simply magical…

What you’ve done here is a SOG grow with trellis support… Sea of Green is a little different then traditional SCROG. Screen of Green. I grew SCROG for years and using a 2ft x 5ft screen of chicken wire, I grew 3 AK47 under it horizontally under the screen until it was 3/4 full, then flipping the lights to 12/12, I began feeding the bud sites up thru the holes…

The end results looks very much like your final photos, it’s just achieved a little different and the big thing for me back then, kept my numbers low while producing quite a bit…

Not sure I’d change a damn thing though with how well you did this grow… I mean it was just spot on brutha… hope you don’t mind the comments… be well…

3 Likes

Hey man,

Thanks a lot.
Why would i mind the comments? I’m here to learn.

I figured i was doing some things a little differently. I read a few different ways and sort of blended some things together i think :sweat_smile: not being a native english speaker i think a few things also got lost in translation.

I have a few things i’m changing this grow. I’m really glad i started exploring this way of growing and am looking forward to perfecting my ways :slight_smile:

Thanx for reading and commenting.

Always welcome to follow my next grow:
Kosher tangie kush.
Same starting setup. But will try to fix some mistakes and adapt where needed.

Peace

2 Likes

Great job here man especially with the screen. It takes some practice to weave well and be able to maintain a consistent canopy while also filling it to the max, but you put this together really well. I’ve only ever done SCROG with DWC grows so my hat is off to you with managing to water consistently and moreover flush in such a tight space. How’s that Kosher Tangie?

1 Like