My first REGULAR grow diary : BanHam Copa Genetics

Would you rather trim up 1 pound of cannabis or seed schuck one plant? We will say that 1 pound of cannabis had a wet trimming before drying too as a fun variable.

2 Likes

Oh, in that case I would shuck the seeds. One plant, not so bad. I am shucking 6 x 5 to 6 foot plants.

2 Likes

Reading more into Pollen collection it seems I need to let this stuff dry before storing it. Fingers crossed that sticking it in the fridge right away will keep it preserved till I put the pollen on my female plant. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

She is looking happy and now covered with pollen. I left the main flower at the top with no pollen at this time. Might change my mind once the other portion of pollen dries more.

2 Likes

I came across another member on here who had another variegated cannabis plant. Turns out another member who is a Botanist informed them that the variegated gene typically is only passed down from the female plant and not through the male. They also informed that the variegated gene really only pops under certain growing conditions. Here’s to hoping that another great variegated plant emerges from these potential seeds and is a female. Maybe doing a back cross could help make that mutation more dominant. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Some good growth over the last 6-7days!

5 Likes

head to drop the Copa’s Reese’s cut x GSD in the mail. headed your way. :point_left:

2 Likes

The female is putting some funky smells. Similar to a swamp and sweaty gym sock :laughing: I have never had s good nose for describing a smell so I may be way off!!! She is starting the fade as we are finishing up week 5 of flowering.

I did however see the first seed to pop :smiley:

5 Likes

We are at 6.5 weeks of flowring. One of the branches was not supporting itself and gave it some support.

This BanHam is my first plant that I have let grow to its normal shape with no training or topping/fimming. It will be pretty cool to see single large cola grow!

Glad to see some of the seeds popping out! :grin:

3 Likes

Excellent looking plants and love the labor of love with your seed production. You’re definitely going to be busy when this is over. @JonPott :+1:t5:

K++ I’m outta likes

1 Like

Looking great my friend. :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

She is almost ready to be chopped and dried for an extended period of timme for seed schucking.
This is about 8.5 weeks of flowering.

The little seedling is hanging out till a tent opens up :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Decided today was the day I get this BamHam hanging to dry. I did a wet trim which was quite simple on this cultivar compared to my other grows I have done. During the process I came across two seeds that were visible so I picked them out to look at.

I will check on her in about a week and probably cut off the top main cola as I did not spread pollen there but we all know how pollen gets around :wink:

The remaining portions of the plant I may keep hanging for a few more weeks to make seed shucking as easy as possible from some tips I got from other Growmies.

Till then :call_me_hand::heart_hands::vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

All right Growmies! After letting this plant hang longer than I am used to so seed schucking could be easier I am happy to announce that we have my version of Bam Ham OG F2 seeds. I calculated there are 2146 seeds +/- and was able to salvage roughly about half ounce of flower that was not pollinated from what I could tell.

Overall, seed schucking wasnt too bad by hand. Just time consuming! @Rhai88 showed me lovely video of easier method I may do on my next three plants that tower compared to how short and dense Ban Ham OG grew.

All the broken down flower I am going to make tinctures and possible a salve so it doesnt all go to waste.

I will figure out time throughout my next several grows and hunt to find more variegated mutations in this generation. I appreciate you all following my firat grow log to the end at this moment in time.

:call_me_hand::heart_hands::vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Let me know how it goes for you brother! :wink: (if you end up trying it out) lol

1 Like