My first REGULAR grow diary : BanHam Copa Genetics

I’m sure I’ll seek out more thier genetics, as the freebies are very easy to grow, excellent germ rates, not a finicky eater, so we’ll see.
I’m vegging under a tiny 65 watt LED, I need them to grow a bit slower than most folks need them to, for timing issues, as my 18/6 area is stuffed full, at the moment.

3 Likes

I switched the light schedule to 12/12 seven days ago and glad I did because there were two imposter’s amongst my lone female… I stuck her off to the side for the moment.

As I remind myself, this is the chances you take when growing regular cannabis seeds. Totally worth the outcome out of five seeds though as the variegated male is thriving well in his own tent.

I am at a cross road as this grows out come of a balance M to F ratio is not in the favor. I could house the variegated male with the female let him pollinate her. Or, I could collect the pollen as originally planned and pollinate the female plant with two different pollen as my first pollen Chuck :laughing:.

I have read some people mark flowers pollinated by a few different pollen resulting in multiple new crosses. Still haven’t decided though. Please fell to weigh in your thoughts on what you would do in this situation.

Thanks for reading Growmies!!!
Till next time :call_me_hand: 🫶 :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

They are looking very nice!!
I’m standing on the necks of mine, to slow the growth down a bit.
I keep my small LED way up high, for timing my into the 2 flower areas.
They will soon go into 1 gallon pots, stay in veg mode, getting them ready for the 18/6 tent, to fatten up before we charge into the flower battle.
Your plants are looking great to me!!
webe

2 Likes

Well I let trim jail and my kids bday party distract me all weekend I forgot to water the lone female and the other two males which I believe I have found homes for or they are going to the fire pit tomorrow… I hope they spring back well :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:🫤

I watered them with some cal/mag and general plant food from FF. Also, dimmed the light on them.

6 Likes

I knew cannabis can be a very resilient plant but actually seeing it with in hours is pretty gnarly!!! These pics are little over three hours apart. I think they will survive :grin:

7 Likes

it happens to us all. if you find yourself with plants that are that dehydrated again fill up a bucket / tub whatever your plant pot will fit into with water and just soak it 4-6 hours.

this really helps speed up plant recovery time. the plants will drink up the water much easier and faster this way, rather that just letting the plant try to recover and pull what it needs from the dirt. it can actually take a big easy drink to recover much quicker.

your plants bounced back just fine. looks like you found them before they got really dried out. they was just in protective droop mode waiting on you. :laughing: to give them a drink.

4 Likes

We are now down to the last two out of the five BamHams I started with. Both are doing we’ll and seems the female has sprung back well from the “dry spell” I accidentally gave her :sweat_smile::laughing:

It is interesting to watch the male produce more anthers as I have never witnessed it before.

I am at the point where I need to decide if I want to put the two together in one tent let them naturally pollinate, or if I should collect the pollen gaining that experience and do some pollen chucking with some of the male BanHam pollen + LSD pollen I got from @DougDawson?

Female BanHam

Male BanHam

6 Likes

I would pick one or the other if it were me. That way you can guarantee what pollen actually created the seeds.

4 Likes

Very good call! I have read how some people would mark branches with certain pollen. As I have read before, this pollen can get around REAAALL easy.

2 Likes

Yeah. I know some folks do individual branches with different pollen, but it’s not 100% safe, IMO. A grain of pollen is smaller than the human eye can see and is designed to float through the air. To me there would always be the question of if the seed you are looking at was created by a grain of pollen from 1 strain or another.

2 Likes

Very valid point! Thank you for your wisdom :pray:

2 Likes

Your in good company, as Mother Nature forgets to water, vest areas, now and then LOL!!
Your plants look great to me!!

2 Likes

We have first sign of pollen being released! I have been careful opening the tent and peaking in to see when this will happen. Since the male has been isolated, he has been running in a warm tent with very low fan circulation and exhaust fan running the same. I am going to let some more anthers open up and collect before the weekend.

8 Likes

Okay, I couldn’t wait and decided to try and collect what I could at the moment. I may try snipping off some of the anther clusters and let them dry for a week as I read that somewhere as a potential option and filter the pollen out on parchment. Hard to say at this point as I would like to move one on and get this tent cleaned out THOROUGHLY for the next batch of seeds to grow.

This may be the last picture of this stud?..

7 Likes

Well Growmies…

I lied to you… and for that I am 49% sorry as I am glad I let the male live for another 48hrs! I was able to collect a significant amount more pollen then on my first shaking! I plan to blast the female with quite a bit of this as I really hope the seeds will carry over the variegated gene and be more dominant.

I will give an update on pollination tomorrow!

:call_me_hand: 🫶 :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Hey @JonPott just caught up with your log, you got some good looking plants! That variegated one looks so dope!

2 Likes

Thanks dude! It’s been a thrill so far and also a hassle :rofl: Just not used to so many moving parts in any of my grows as this one has done so far. Atleast I won’t be stuck in trim jail so much as I am focusing on making more seeds.

3 Likes

Pretty sure @DougDawson said seed shucking was worse than trim jail. Good luck brother 🫡

4 Likes

:sob:

2 Likes

For me it is. I have been in trim jail the last few days but the plants were drying out. Back to seed jail when I am done trimming tomorrow. It’s a labor of love though so you got that.

4 Likes