LilJonB's Colloidal Silver/Forest Candy Project

I made my own colloidal silver a couple months back.

Built my own CS generator with silver rods an adapter and an air pump into a mason jar.
I have an unknown small Indica strain I dubbed Forest Candy that has a special place in my hart. I planted this one just for this reason. I have to admit it was a little difficult ruining her.
Boy do I hope this works.

I saw first sings of flower yesterday.
Day 1 of spray day 3 of flower.

The water was distilled. It now reads 110 PPM⁷⁰⁰ in the jar. So I cut it in half with tap water. I might up the CS strength upon recommendation.

23 Likes

Only thing buddy. You really should use distilled water. Even when thinning it. Just my opinion tho. You may get as good, if not better using tap rather than using distilled. That’s what I was showed to do anyways.

5 Likes

I have to get some. Thanks! I opened this up purely for suggestions. Possibly someone elce could use it in the future.

3 Likes

Take the ppm reading with a huge grain of salt. Supposidly its not an accurate way of measuring CS

6 Likes

Good luck man. I will be here watching along :slight_smile:

How did you find the process of making the CS? I have just purchased it from Amazon in the past, because it seemed like a big project to save like $5, but the curiosity still exist.

2 Likes

I was just putting the reading on there. I wasn’t claiming anything. :wink: the EC reading was 1.0 if that helps. I’m just documenting is all :+1:
Is there a better way to measure?

1 Like

I had everything except the rods. I Googled it and asked questions on here. I might have ran it a day longer then I needed to. I can see how buying it is appealing. I still have the rods to make more. I wouldn’t buy Amazon generator. It’s a rip off. You can find everything just laying around the house.

6 Likes

That is one he’ll of a close up pic. What did you take that with?

1 Like

You can go to my BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log at about page 40-ish there is my kit that I made and it’s easier than falling out of bed. You’re welcome! @MTL

1 Like

Lol! I apologize @BigMike55 . It was a rushed reply. I do owe BigMike55 a lot of credit. I picked his brain quite a bit about the process.

@MTL I used my Note20 Ultra with the zoom up. She dose take wonderful pictures.

1 Like

You already knew what to do just needed a nudge in the right direction.

1 Like

Lazer pointer or light. From my reading no home equipment ppm/ec meter will give you an accurate reading just cause of whats going on with the silver (been awhile since i researched it, probably more sciencey than that lol)

I’ve tried reading the resistance of the water with a multi meter, it changes as you go… buuut I didn’t write it down cause I lost interest. Besides that I take a taste, the worse it tastes the stronger it is

2 Likes

Sounds fascinating :thinking:. I don’t think I want to drink any though. :smiley: I guess a Lazer is more pronounced the stronger it is.
I guess I should do the work and try to find for this thread. Won’t be doing it today.

Honestly, if you got good color youre probably fine, I wouldn’t dilute it based on the ppm reading though!

By taste i mean like, a drop on your tongue haha

4 Likes

What he said​:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:
If it starts turning brown youre good to go.

2 Likes

I figured as much. Im just teasing.

1 Like

I’m going to have to do this again soon… made this and got sts spray. I got a few clones I may steal one to play with.

Will be following

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @anon11359186. Don’t know how exciting one small plant will be but I will try my best to keep everyone entertained.

3 Likes

If successful…she will grow nanners?..or balls?

2 Likes

Should grow balls.

2 Likes