My first time

I really dont know. I think I got mine from my dog. I think most of the time they come from outdoor plants. I just know if he dose have them he would want to spray before he’s into heavy flower.

2 Likes

Yea I would apply a light bug spray at a low dose especially to the under sides of leaves. Nice growing btw @Wakamaka4

Here is a product that works pretty well and not crazy expensive but might smell like fish for about 2 days

I use it in lighter doses then recommended so I can apply more often.

Aloha from Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

4 Likes

Appreciate all the advice.

Even if it isn’t a bug issue, is it okay to spray bug sprays for vegetables? I mean they aren’t that harmful to humans anyway. And I read somewhere ppl wash their plants before drying them, so I will probably do it in order to wash out all the chemicals and dust.

I just wanna make sure that it doesn’t look like any nute deficiency or overfeeding right?

@Shadey I will try to wipe them off tomorrow morning and see if they are removable.

2 Likes

I had spider mites on my last plant even if I didn’t have any contact with other plants (I think so).

So it’s entirely possible that bugs can appear out of nowhere. Anyway, if this thing goes out of rack a bit, I will spray it with light pesticide.

3 Likes

I got ya. Is it possible that they hitched a ride on you?

Also, they could still be close if you didn’t wait 2 weeks to put a plant in the same spot

4 Likes

Any pesticide that a human can ingest should be safe for your plants.
I believe they hitched a ride on you.
You can wash your buds right after harvest.

There’s a bunch of ways to go about it!

6 Likes

Quick update,
I nicely sprayed the top and bottom of the leaves with local Chinese vegetable plant pesticide liquid. We will see what’s gonna happen. Hope it’s not gonna burn the shit out of my plant.

Will keep you guys posted.

4 Likes

I tried to wipe it off, it didn’t come off.
If you guys are sure it isn’t a deficiency problem, then probably it’s a microscopic bug problem. But I wonder why it isn’t covering my plant rapidly.

2 Likes

Can you get your hands on a jeweler’s loop? If you don’t have bugs then it could be a deficiency. What kind I have no idea. I have only had a few myself like nitrogen deficiency and nitrogen excess. If I never had it I dont feel comfortable diagnosing it. Sorry buddy.
Some times just waiting to see if she grows out of it is most certainly better then taking unnecessary prevention measures that could do alot more harm to your plant.

4 Likes

Outdoors some spider mites aren’t that big of a deal. They shouldn’t spread like they do indoors as there are plenty of other beneficial insects outdoors. Best not to spray much in flower. You can dispose of a few leaves as well. I wouldn’t worry to much.

5 Likes

Flowering Day 18

I heard autoflowers flower around 30 days. It feels like my nugs won’t get any bigger from now. The pistols started turning amber

4 Likes

They will get bigger. Don’t worry too much bud.

4 Likes

yes they will get bigger - you aren’t looking at the pistils to be amber, you are looking for the trichomes to be amber, which you can only see under magnification. You can get a cheap USB microscope that can hook up to your phone to allow you to see the trichomes - use this diagram below:

Trichome-Color-Harvest__mKX37D83BMfb98Ka

5 Likes

The pistils have probably turned brown from the bug spray you put on the plant, it will start throwing out new ones as the buds bulk up.

3 Likes

You will always have new pistils coming in. Even up until that beautiful day of harvest.
You will get different effects from your smoke if you harvest at different times. Your trichomes will go from clear to milky to amber. You don’t have to necessarily wait until they all turn amber. Usually the more amber trichomes will give you a more couchlock feeling. The longer you wait the more amber they get… But that depends on the strain as well.
You Indicas dominate plants are best for the evening. They tend to get you sleepy. The Sitivas dominate plants are mostly used to get your day started. There more up beat.
I believe that your are running a CBD plant so that may not necessarily apply. After 60 day take a sample and see if you like it. Once you get a couple of grows done you will feel more comfortable knowing what exactly your shooting for. I recommend one of these:

This is one of my pictures recently took with mine. It works great. You can check for bugs and check your trichomes. You might want to double check to make sure you phone is compatible. There is always the cheaper route:

Either way you can get the same result. The microscope will allow you to share your pictures if you have any questions.
Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Thanks man, my cbd plant is long gone, I burnt it down last time. This one is either Lemon cheese from @cogitech or AK 47 from seriousseeds.com

I germinated one of each, but one of them didn’t sprout. It does smell amazing already.

Probably will let them get super dark Amber, haven’t smoked weed since last year February. :sweat_smile:

Will get one of these loops today.

4 Likes

Cool. At least your persistent. You’ve been going like what? 8 months now? It feels good when you grow your own smoke. I’m happy you got some THC growing. CBD is good dont get me wrong. But when you wanna smoke, you want to SMOKE!
She’s going to start fattening up here soon. Just hold tight. When I use to do gorilla grows when I first started out I always planted twice the amount then what I wanted. Mother nature would shake me down from time to time. I feel your pressure only having one. Have you shopped around for any soil yet? Once you do you should see a world of difference. Will be alot easier for you. Keep up the good work! :v:

3 Likes

I am about to.

One important question. Do you guys reuse the soil from your previous plant or buy another pack for fresh seedling?

3 Likes

I prefer to use new soil, but I have been known to reuse the soil, after giving it a flush, and then I reintroduce new mycorrhizae.

@LilJonB I have the exact same scope and it works great - can’t beat it for the price.

vlcsnap-2021-01-07-17h34m08s708

vlcsnap-2021-01-07-17h35m26s650

vlcsnap-2021-01-07-17h35m46s600

vlcsnap-2021-01-07-17h37m04s220

6 Likes

Got an interesting question.
I am mentally getting ready for upcoming spring, and I wanna plant around 30 seeds, some of them won’t sprout and some of them will be male, so eventually I may end up with 10 plants.

I was thinking about tent too, but due to high humidity, and unpredictable rains, I may not predict exactly when I should put them in tent and when shouldn’t. I can’t keep them there 24/7 coz I may have fungus there. So I came up with a solution as chinese wooden hat like this one.

I am planning to cut of the top and wear them above the soils. The plant itself will be out, and will be getting rainwater, sunlight and whatever is going on, but the soil will stay dry.

My question is, how important is it to keep the top of the pot open?

Is that a big problem if leaves are getting rain water?

1 Like