My foolproof distillate sour gummy recipe. Just like a real gummy

Yeah!! :heart: :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Here’s what you need (…yet another hobby… :rofl:)

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Some crazy ass lookin distillate maker?

2 Likes

Classic DIY Nixon McCaw reflux still. Technically, a compound vapor management still.
The important thing is the distillate comes off at 95% (+/-) through the entire run. :+1:
Funny how one hobby sometimes ‘adds’ to another… :rofl:

Cheers
G

12 Likes

For alcohol recovery yes, not THC distillate?

2 Likes

Straight ethanol production.
23 liters of fermented sugar wash in and 4 liters of 95% out. It’s not a good design for alcohol recovery …I’ve been thinking about that actually :thinking:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Wait? Are you making “Jail house Alcohol” like using sugar, fruit and time ??
then using that to gain the actual alcohol out…

2 Likes

Roger that!
6Kg of sugar, yeast & 23 liters of water makes an insipid but drinkable 16% wash then the still simply removes the alcohol from the pot.

Here’s a great reference if you want to see the science behind the curtain.

Cheers
G

12 Likes

Lmao. Thanks. I know how to do that, just thought I was kinda dangerous cause it’s possible to poison yourself. But that’s not including building a stiller. Your way is obviously safe enough, because we are talking about it & how can you not sample your own lol

3 Likes

I have made gummies with oil and it doesn’t work great. They are always oily. It just doesn’t incorporate well. After having made my last batch with a reduced alcohol tincture I think it works way better.

2 Likes

@ELG ever made the gummies with Live Resen Diamond sauce?

1 Like

No never, live resin is not active, you would have to decarboxilate it before adding it.

1 Like

Maybe your right, I’ve never used tincture, distillate is more available to me. But considering the amount of distillate I used (8g) and the amount of tiny oil bubbles that settle on top of the gummy, I think it mixes pretty well no? In any case as we say in french “Tout les chemins mènent à Rome” “All roads lead to Rome”

4 Likes

Well I didn’t have distilled oil, I was just making my own, so I had to add a fair amount to get any kind of potency out of them.

1 Like

Oh I apologize, I though you where comparing the tincture to distillate sorry. You were talking about actual oil like fat, right?

1 Like

Yeah. I think I tried both olive and vegetable (I really don’t like coconut) and they’re both good for baking with, but not so much the gummies. Made some excellent peanut-butter stuffed brownies though.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, have you ever tried using lecithin?

2 Likes

I have not. I’ve heard about it, but nothing really convinced me I needed it.

1 Like

Instead of using distillate, I wonder if this recipe can be made with @ReikoX Green Dragon Tincture?

1 Like

Apparently so. :wink:

6 Likes