My foolproof distillate sour gummy recipe. Just like a real gummy

Yeah. I mean I didn’t do this exact recipe but I reduced some everclear tincture and used that in my gummies. Made a pretty decent batch, based on my previous ones anyways.

2 Likes

Sometimes I read faster than my brain can consume! Kinda like putting 10 gallon of shit in a 5 gallon bucket. You’re gonna get some spillage.

4 Likes

Wrong reply placement sorry meant for @ELG

There’s lecithin and there’s lecithin.
You might want to steer clear of soy lecithin and go straight to sunflower.

According to a study published in the Food and Chemical Toxicology, soy lecithin contains a higher level of estrogens.

It increases the risk of hormonal problems in women such as infertility, menstrual irregularities and menopausal symptoms.

Phytoestrogens in soy lecithin can also disrupt endocrine functions and increase the risk of breast cancer.

Hence, women should limit the use of soy lecithin. They can choose sunflower lecithin to stay protected against cancerous changes.

Too bad they don’t mention what effect soy lecithin has on men.
YMMV

4 Likes

It gives men boobies and all kinds of other weird shit.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard lots of negative things on soy lecithin and the solid stuff is a major pain in the a*s to incorporate. That’s why I recommend the liquid gel caps, but I agree sunflower seems a lot safer.

2 Likes

Just saw now, damn! this stuff is amazing!
And a small caveat, a very small number of folks can be allergic.

Sunflower is pretty cheap too.
Just saw this also:

$21/lb!

2 Likes

These were made with sunflower lecitin and GD reduced to RSO

Perfect after a few days cure

11 Likes

Wow factor :star_struck::stuck_out_tongue:
Tell us more plz…
Strain used and stuff

2 Likes

They look really nice! :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Soy has estrogenic properties, but it doesn’t actually have estrogen. It has phytoestrogen, which has estrogen in it, but isn’t the hormone estrogen.

TL;DR Soy can assist women through menopause and has almost no detectable effects on male hormone levels or sperm.

If you’re sincerely worried about estrogen, I hope you’re not drinking Milk from other pregnant mammals, which definitely would contain actual estrogen hormones, because it’s not a plant.

TL;DR You drink lots of milk, get more estrogen in your body.

But also there’s not really a link between slightly raising your natural estrogen levels (Which men do have) and any harmful effects, because again, we already produce estrogen, it’s not a big deal.

TL;DR Estrogen isn’t a big deal unless you take shitloads, which you have to be trying to do on purpose.

3 Likes

Some more info on soy lecithin, this from a 2011 study.

…continuing…

" However, foodstuff contains a variety of estrogen-like compounds that might not be detected analytically. To assess the total estrogenic activity of foodstuff, we employed the Yeast Estrogen Screen (YES). We analyzed 18 food samples and five milk-based infant formulas. Soy-based products contained potent estrogenicity of 100-1500ng estradiol equivalents per kilogram (EEQ/kg). The estrogenicity in soy-free products was far lower (10-40ng EEQ/kg). We also detected significant estrogenic activity in three infant formulas (14-22ng EEQ/kg). "
Furthermore, we found soy lecithin to be strongly estrogenic. It might, therefore, be a major contributor to total estrogenicity. "

From my link upstairs:
"The bottom-line
These differences in sunflower lecithin vs soy lecithin point to the superiority of the former in improving your health.

Sunflower lecithin is undoubtedly more effective than soy lecithin. The higher amounts of beneficial compounds present in sunflower lecithin make it a valuable addition to your diet.

Also, the using soy lecithin puts you at a higher risk of hormonal and allergic disorders.

The chemical-free extraction and production process of sunflower lecithin ensures it is safer for your health.

Hence, sunflower lecithin is a healthier choice for keeping in good health."

2 Likes

There is no recommended intake for Lecithin so anyone who is touting the ‘Superior Version for YOUR Health’ is only trying to get your money. Just take that into account when trusting your sources.

1 Like

First batch off your recipe. Came out perfect even though I didn’t have corn syrup and had to mix up a simple sugar. Ran out of mold space. The glob was tested with much success last night. Slept through the night for the first time in two months. Thanks for the recipe!!

10 Likes

Really nice! If you want yo can still reheat the glob and pour it in the molds once they’re free, just have to be gentle with the heat. It makes so happy seeing people trying my recipe. Enjoy! :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Btw I made these with pressed flower rosin that I decarbed. Went 3g’s and they’re plenty strong

3 Likes

How would I go about making this recipe with coconut oil @ELG, if there IS a way? The recipe I’ve been using molds even in the fridge

1 Like

Yes it is, you will have to add lecithin, it’s an emulsifier. I’ve tried with dry lecithin and it was impossible to dissolve. You can get liquid lecithin and it should work fine, but I’ve never tried. You might want to make a test batch first with only coconut oil to see how much lecithin you’ll need. And yeah potassium sorbate will keep the gummies from turning to shit.

2 Likes

What temperature do you find the distillate mixes well with the jello? I used the microwave method and I found the distillate did not mix well for me. This was after warming it.

1 Like

Ouhh it’s been a while I haven’t done these, I’m trying to reduce my sugar intake. It won’t mix well. The sugar/jello mixture has to be hot enough to soften and melt the distillate. They way I did it was to stick the distillate to a fork and repetitively dip it in the hot mixture until most of it melted away. You can go pretty high with the temp, as long as you don’t go over the evaporation point of the target cannabinoids. It’s pretty tricky in a microwave, you have a lot more control in a double boiller, it keeps the heat.

3 Likes