My grow + intro

You’re killing it. Everyone looks so happy, just look at those leaves. I’ve bookmarked your thread, and don’t be discouraged, journals often times are quiet. You’re the first person I run into that’s running Heavy Dayze’s stuff. I love his podcast, but never have considered trying his genetics. What else have you grown from him?

Hope to learn a thing or two from you.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Oh Hey Mr.Christmas, thanks for the good vibes!
:fist_right::fist_left:
Yeah I also love the potcast. HD is the man.
To answer your question, the Lane cove and Kyphi are the first of his I have got my hands on.
Mostly what I have grown out & can easily access is from Dutch & Spanish seed banks. Although more recently I have searched out some Heavy Dayze & Caleb’s (CSI) genetics. Both I am sure will be :fire:
DM’s always open my man. More than happy to share cuts or seeds when possible.
I will check out what you’ve been up too also. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ooo, nice. Have you experienced the Spanish Cannabis scene? I’m looking to compete in a cup in Colombia next November, I’m real excited. There’s still so much passion in the cups down there, not so much industrial/commercialized nonsense like what I saw in California.

Thank you for your offer, same goes back to ya. Thanks for checking out my journal too.

3 Likes

I have not. Sounds fun tho. Good luck with your project :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Into week 6 of flower, and shits getting frosty!
Purple Punch,

Purple kush

Apple Crumble

Somango

Silver Surfer ( when in flower mutant traits seem to take a back seat)

8 Likes

So I haven’t even cracked the 7 week mark and the dreaded bud rot has started to rear its ugly head.
That shit is scarey af. Studying each crown daily now. Had to take most of the larger buds off one of my Durbans because I caught some very early & as we know that shit spreads like wild fire!! Here’s a couple of the suspect buds that had started to rot.

And here is the plant
Overall grow still going well, so far I have only had to bin a gram or 2 due to paying close attention to affected areas but these small mold spots could be the beginnings of a real worry.

Cause:Possibly from having the a/c mainly off during dark periods.
Action taken: ac/dehumidifier now will be flat stick.

merry Xmas o’gers :beers:

6 Likes

Day 51 random bud shots

G13 Labs Apple Crumble

Barney’s Farm Bubba Kush

Dutch Passion Orange Hill Special

I have an annoying condensation issue, that leaves moisture in some buds. So
as expected I lost a few more nugs to bud rot. ( Was away for 4 days.)
Seems I underestimated just how much air flow the garden needs this end of the cycle.

Will have to add ANOTHER fan.

Now I’m back and have time off work I should be able to keep things under control and see this grow out nicely.

I have a good amount of small plants and cuttings in the veg tent.
Thinking I might use them as a Sea of green method or at least keep them a LOT shorter when this grows done.
Kind of feels like the bigger pots, extra veg time and dead space under the canopy might not be worth the trouble.

5 Likes

harvest. Took ohs, good shit & a durban ( close enough to 8 weeks.)
A little early but worth it to give other plants better position & to avoid any more bud rot issues.

Will cut down the Apple crumble next…

5 Likes

Just caught up here brudda, nice run!
That Somango totally got my attention.
I think I’ll hang around a bit.

2 Likes

Hey mate, Thanks for stopping by. :+1:t2: The Somango was from RQS & has given me no trouble at all.
She has existed off to the side a little but from what I have observed she looks very happy with respectable sized heads & a (higher than the rooms average) coating of frosty trichomes Definately need to get back there for a good pic. Won’t be long now.

1 Like

Somango
For my nose she has pretty familiar terps.
Piney & little fruity.

7 Likes

Just fell G13 Labs Apple Crumble :axe:
Good yielder, nice looking buds. Super Frosty, green & purple, unique smell ( for me anyway, never really grown much cookie stuff before.)

10 Likes

Today I took another Durban. Labelled #3
So far one of the standouts.
Beautiful, compact, not much stretch with multiple large heads & no hint of bud rot.

Now I’m not one for bouquet’s but I dropped some buds in a bucket :joy:

8 Likes

Chopped Purple critical Kush. Pretty sure this was a freebie from advanced seeds.
56 days, beautiful looking buds. Not very dence. Spoiled for choice at the moment so this girl is not on the keeper list.

8 Likes

Purple Kush ( Kannabia )
I heard this one was finicky…
whoever said that was right.
No signs of deficiency or anything like that. But
Whispy fox tails all day, low af yield, whatever I did to her… she was not into it!
Guess one of the down sides of experimenting with multiple strains.

The pink is very cool tho.

6 Likes

After harvesting a few non events….
Here comes sensi’s Durban (labelled #7) to save the day.

I am aware Sensi gets a lot of hate these days, and I guess compared to modern standards something like this just doesn’t stand up. But so far I’ve been pretty happy with the Durbans I’ve grown out.

Also harvested my Mutant silver surfer.
That one was not given a great spot under the lights and still gave me some rock hard, super sticky nugs.

6 Likes

Bubblebomb (bomb seeds)
The last few standing. Took one, The way this one turns out I think it’s worth the extra time. Must be 9 weeks by now and the last couple will go even longer.
Fox tailed a little. They existed pretty close to the lights. They stretch a lot.

Great strain. But I have not found the old bubblegum smell I have memory of.
I have a more bubble gum strains/seeds to pop from different breeders.
Maybe after next run I’ll do a bubblegum only grow & see if I can find what I’m looking for.
I remember one from years ago with fairly small buds but sweet, earthy/ coffee terps. Would love to find it again. If this rings a bell with anyone would love to hear some thoughts.
Cheers

6 Likes

Looks like a great run love the variety you chose. And the setup looking nice and effective. What medium did you run with and what kind of feedings did you do ?

2 Likes

Cheers mate, used coco, hand watering with rain water, and very basic bio diesel nutrients. These 3 all the way through.
I have recently upgraded one light for the next run as I was asking a bit much out of the 300 Watters for the area I have.

2 Likes

Let’s go again, this time smaller pots, controlled little plants with minimal branching. Hopefully no screen will be required.

Mixed bag of strains a few from seed, mainly cuts. Couple of new ones I haven’t done yet, To name a few … Lane cove, kyphi, Gorilla bomb, blackberry moon rocks, gelato, Girl Scout cookies, Do si doh and more I’ll mention maybe next time.

Couple of days into 12/12
:v:t2:

3 Likes