My little 2x2 grow

@Shabita93 any recipes for Brown spots on leaves?

1 Like

Hey @corey, Pulling up a chair bud!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :pray: :hugs:

2 Likes

I raised the lights. Plants look much better. Not a nutrient disorder…

3 Likes

I can put a link if don’t mind,It Is from AliExpress,a chinese web similar to Alibaba
You can find pretty good damn prices for usa shopping too

1 Like

Absolutely. If it has the ability to help please post!

2 Likes

Have a look here for example https://m.it.aliexpress.com/wholesale/kingbrite.html

1 Like

Very nice. I don’t have much knowledge on led lights, but I would research the components that these manufacturers use. For example the light emitting diodes used. I don’t remember which 3 leds @nube mentioned, but do remember him stating that Samsung leds put out much more light then others. As far as drivers go I don’t know who makes a good one. The 33 dollar lights I’m using have Samsung leds and the drivers are heavy, made out of aluminium stock. These lights also have ir, red, and uv. Uv diodes won’t last long but at least I’ll have some ir. Honestly I don’t know how they do it. Prolly cuz it’s made in China where labor is cheap…

3 Likes

Adding to your comment @corey, diodes can have a wide range of efficacy.

I don’t think this list is exhaustive even for Samsung’s diodes but this should help to compare. OSRAM and EPISTAR are commonly used diodes as well, epistars would be used on the cheaper models.

If your cheap light has Samsung diodes, nice. I would check the driver for its safety certifications, I’ve found the cheaper lights sometimes don’t have them.

For branded drivers, meanwell, moso, and fahold seem to have a decent reputation and have the north america certifications. Higher end companies seem to use their own/unbranded drivers.

3 Likes

I’ll take a look at the driver when the lights come on and report back. It does have samsung diodes. Those aren’t the other 2 that @nube explained. His research and experience proves his work. I take his word when he mentions which 3 out perform all others. Thanks for posting and the link @BasementBeans. This thread is meant just for that. Anything to make us better growers. I think this light has a 3 year warranty. I posted this lights specification’s up above. Post 21

5 Likes

Did nube do a write-up here? I can’t find it.

3 Likes

Know he didnt. But he’s a wiz on led lights. I wouldn’t even know where to start looking for that post. The drivers on these lights is Kopery. They feel solid and heavy…

Edit: he doesn’t on this thread but does on this forum. He is freaking brilliant with leds…

3 Likes

The 2 sour diesels in the back got some light burn very early. They are all tight noded especially the bubblegum with the yellow mark. The 2 mendo breaths are going to make it and might be transplanted into there final one gallon pots tomorrow with the rest. I will let these grow until the smallest newest additions (mendo breath) get a big as the rest as of now. I gave them a full dose of Jacks 132 today with some ms.

7 Likes

Looking very very good Corey :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Small tent, big vibes. Love it :v:t2:

2 Likes

Subscribed! I run a 2x2.5

2 Likes

Do you have any pics or info on your 2x2? A link perhaps.

2 Likes

Nope, no pics or link at the moment. I’ll let you know for sure once I have something post worthy…

My tent:

2x2.5x5.5
HLG 65w for veg/QB288 rspec for flower (135w)
AC Infinity S6 w/ AC carbon filter

Only two grows so far: Mephisto Sour Crack and Alien vs. Triangle.

Almost got 2 zips off of one AvT in a 5 gallon in Buildasoil 3.0 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Very nice. We are both pulling 200 watts from the wall. Only difference is I have Samsung diodes which mean I got ya on lumin output… what you have running is plenty imo. Thanks for posting! If you are into 2x2 grows come on by.

Other then that I just got some bird seed in for a sprouted seed tea. It’s good for plant growth. Helps the plant utilize nutrient’s at the same time giving protein building blocks…
I had 50 pounds of rye and other seeds go bad. That’s why I had to order the bird seed. Anything will work for now. 3 pounds worth for 4 bucks. This will last me 2 complete grows in a 2x2.

4 Likes

Whoa I never though of birdseed for SST, pretty slick @corey

3 Likes

What can I do with Bird seeds?Some organic feeding?

1 Like