My little grow tents

Oh, you do use hydrobuddy, and just wanted someone else to double check your results (for athena fade)?

I duno. It’s interesting to look. But, for example, one company’s product might say 5% Nitrogen, and in reality it could be anything above that, and it’d be considered perfectly fine for them to “under-report” the amount (legal, all that stuff). It could also be below that by however much, and I don’t know what the repercussions would be for them. They can also just not list some ingredients and say “proprietary secrets!” so we don’t have to tell you.

They don’t want people trying to copy, or reverse engineer. So it’s hard to trust’em. Though I do still examine products.

Cool, I’m playing with PP 6-11-31, CaNO3, MgSO4, CaSO4.

I posted somewhere another link to SIH (science in hydroponics) blog “formulations from the scientific literature”. These are legitimate formulations that have been tested and used over decades and decades (not proprietary formulations with secret ingredients and…lies, haha).

Lastly, when I read through all the blog posts related to calcium on SIH (maybe 4 or 5 of’em), there’s some stuff in there that just… well it really makes you think. Like, I think excerpts of some of the things mentioned in them are… though provoking to say the least. Might not be “answers”, but certainly good things to know about.

Eg: from foggy memory, and out of real context:
-Adding more calcium to solution can make calcium transport more difficult.
-Increase VPD can improve/fix calcium transport issues, but it depends on if it’s a “sink organ” (fruit, flower I think) or just leaves.

Edit: @NoCal Several "CalMag" products compared - #88 by Nitt

1 Like