My Return to Cannabis - Kashmir Azad Indoor Open Pollination

I love seeing girls that are vegged out well. Many people do the opposite, big yields coming your way!

6 Likes

@Eudaemon I think you will be fine but why don’t you just go straight to 12/12. That way you can save 1-1/2 weeks of additional growth.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear about your dog. I lost my girl, Mary Jane a couple years ago. I got her when I was growing the first time around. Come to think of it, growing again, may be a bit of a tribute to her. She was the best dog I’ve ever had. It sucks losing a friend and companion.

7 Likes

I don’t actually have a good reason for doing it. It was something I read about a while back that I just picked up and integrated without much reason. But, with that said, I think I need to do a more rapid flip. I am going to be moving straight to 12/12 to speed things up.

I am not sure if a gradual transition to 12/12 makes a difference. These trendy fad grow techniques pop up (soft flower transition, grounding plants, etc) and generally I quite like them. They feel like they would work, which is why I think pseudoscience has such a strong following, because that feeling is a strong one. I try not to trip myself up too much on the ‘new agey’ things I do because even if they don’t work, it feels good to do, so I consider that it may be for me more than the plants. But, given the alternative of being ‘overgrown’, I am going straight to 12/12 now.

4 Likes

That’s a fitting tribute. I was thinking the same thing, of dedicating a grow. I just didn’t have quite enough confidence in my growing abilities to risk that emotional ruin should I fail. Dogs are a really funny thing. I love them so much more than people that it makes me question my emotional and spiritual health.

5 Likes

People (and badger’s :joy:) have a crappy side that our dogs normally don’t. They just have love. Just keep in mind, this is too lofty of a goal for people to obtain.

Mary never was bothered by my failures, she was just glad to be there. Keep that in mind my friend.

4 Likes

Another quick update, I’ve got clones, lots of them. This was my trial run and I’ve got another batch going now (these were just trimmings I felt bad throwing away, not intentionally taken clones). They rooted well and easily with no hormones or heating mats, just stick the stems in root riots and leave alone for a week. I’ll be running these 12/12 from clone or giving them away to anyone that wants them in SoCal.

Confession time: I have never cloned cannabis or grown cannabis from clone. I’ve cloned other plants, like Brugmansia, cacti, etc, but never cannabis. I really didn’t know what to expect. I was surprised that it didn’t take any hormones or heat, just stick in the plugs and forget. Maybe this is just an easy cloning strain.

14 Likes

Thanks! I really enjoy the overgrown, forest in a room kind of look. These have been vegging way longer than I had originally anticipated, though. All the topping and pruning really slowed things down.

10 Likes

Day +2 of 12/12. I forgot how inconvenient a nighttime ‘lights on’ schedule is. I am just now done working and I’d like to have been winding down for bed by now. Let’s see how much I can smoke to bring me down as rapidly as possible.

I had to remove my recliner. I just could not get a good plant layout in the room. It just wasn’t working. There wasn’t enough space. Now, I’ve moved everything to its final resting spot. The known males have been placed just outside the light footprint. They’re just gonna have to cope. There are some that I still can’t sex yet.

I am going to do a plant-by-plant picture and phenotype description post as soon as I can sex them all. I do think there’s a decent chance that the canopy will be taller than me. I really hope not. It’s also going to fill the entire room, I think. Whoops.

28 Likes

Man, got here late to the Show…pardon me, @Gpaw, let me squeeze through!!! Per usual, I’ll take a spot in that corner over there. You DO have some “Hela-Beautiful Plants”, my Man!!! The homebois back in Kashmir would be proud. You continue to have a pleasant week, do take care, be EXTRA safe and, yes, be well…mister :honeybee:

11 Likes

Thank you so much; that means a lot to me! I was nervous getting back into cannabis growing–afraid of failure–but I have a really strong spiritual connection with the plants now, so we’re pretty synced up.

10 Likes

@Eudaemon it’s looking really nice in your grow. The plants are beautiful And your set-up is simple and effective! Great job ! Sorry about you pet! Nothing but Blessings!!

8 Likes

I defoliated in a manner I would consider overly aggressively. They seem a bit overly lanky and gangly now. It might have been because density of the leaves prevented light from penetrating the interior of the plant. I hope the ‘room to breathe’ will get them to dense and strengthen up a bit. I am wondering if I should have vegged for another week or two.

I also had to build a light trapper. There is a large gap under the door, which allows for air exchange and for me to lower the humidity by turning on the central HVAC fan. It also allowed light into the room, so I had to build a box that would block the light and still allow air flow. It has multiple fabric flaps inside as well as a skirt that blows out when in use.

I hope they bounce back from the defoliation.

!

17 Likes

Just did a final sex check and all the results are in: 6 females, 5 males. That’s pretty ideal for genetic diversity from a pack of 12. I prefer 7 females, 4 males, but 6/5 is better for preservation, iirc. Full phenotypic profiles of all the plants soon to follow. They still don’t have enough flowering character to make it helpful yet.

edit: that one plant I culled would have made it exactly 50/50 sex distro.

11 Likes

They will bounce back just fine @Eudaemon , looking really good!!!

6 Likes

great work man they look happy as can be, also yeah u might be over your head they are going to EXPLODE :laughing:

4 Likes

I’ll tell you right away, STOP the fear factor…at some time or another, we ALL fail, nature of the beast!!! Learn the reason(s) why, DO NOT REPEAT!!! You’ll do F-I-N-E, continue on with your plan, you have MANY Sages here to reach out to for help. Do take care, stay EXTRA safe, and, indeed, be well…mister :honeybee:

8 Likes

Lol! Funny how that happens! I have problems killing plants too. Looking great, and I’m still catching up in the thread.

6 Likes

Boy those plants look nice. @Worcestershire_Farms had me hooked on Kashmiri from day one here at Overgrow. One of the few Landraces that stand a chance outdoors here in the Catskill mts. Gorgeous leaves on them. Can’t wait to see some buds forming. You’re killing it @Eudaemon. Great job!

6 Likes

Man, your plants look good. That’s gonna be a forest in there soon!

3 Likes