My Water Culture

Can you say why it is a good thing that there are less sugars or exudates in the buds?

1 Like

naw, that wasn’t the issue, I mean not knowing how microbes and the plants work together. I am definitely crazy organics outside right? Growing organic is what I pride myself on, there in the real world, I am helping to heal the ecology. The lab is entirely different! The antithesis :wink: annnnyways I was wondering where it’s been proven that darkness is good. Ahem… over at the dept of agriculture… I learned about “negative growth” as experienced by a plant that has no light to manufacture ATP, how can that be construed as beneficial?

Anyone call for the worlds largest tomato??

Don’t panic, it’s organic! ™

2 Likes

Smoother smoke basically. Antidotal evidence only i suppose. :wink:

OK I have the worst broscience ever committed on the human race. “Cannabis can cause schizophrenia” <—that’s some terrible shit there. I don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out why that can’t be true. Take a ride with me, into the mad recesses of the schizophrenic mind! My story is… I knew this guy…eh? Ever meet anyone who thinks the narrative in their mind is actually real? Magic is what they perform every day by thinking. Magical thinking is the first thought. The universe, which is external, revolves around internal narrative that includes…delusions. Confabulations are real as real can be. Sounds, messages from jesus…whatever. Secret communications from the universe only you can hear.
Now, examine my reality. I demand evidence. I make observations. I check with other people’s observations. No connection is made until the evidence linking cause and effect prove what is real.

Alright. So the claim is, there is a number of spliffs, dabs of THC, spoonful of tincture, that will alter my thought patterns for good, making my reality into the schizophrenic reality. Now… I haven’t found that number of dabs yet…but it could be in the millions now? I’m ripping that mad shit faster than I shoot insulin into my veins. So then…one day I’m supposed to wake up and be like “fuck evidence, jesus whispered in my ear that my mom is a tool of satan!!!” I really struggle to see that happening. How is a lifetimes worth of rational thought going to evaporate in a puff of smoke?

2 Likes

It’s a big ask for someone with a working mind to understand how a broken mind works. Considering the world is still trying to figure out how the brain does what it does and whether the consciousness is even in the physically large realm in which we have been studying. Looking into things like quantum consciousness. I think we are so far from understanding voices in the head or a broken mind.

Just to add. As far as I understand Schizophrenia is a condition that comes and goes (ebbs and flows). So a think a person needs a pre existing condition with Schizophrenia. So the cannabis is probably just acting like a trigger or exacerbater. Being that a lot of mental conditions are a spectrum someone could be on the spectrum in a position that will not impact their life to a real degree. If they do something that can trigger it or exacerbate it then it could kick in and become a real problem.

I think the issue is that people get splinters of info then post articles like “Cannabis can cause schizophrenia”
That’s one of the many problems with the internet, you can go and research something a little and then post an article to the world. People read the article and think “Wow! I didnt know that” rather than think “who wrote this article?”

lol I didn’t want to tell too much about schizophrenic buddy’s life story, but I was there to see it all unfold. It was easy to snap him back to reality but it never lasted, two days later someone was chasing him, but you could never see who it was. Also, if it caused schizophrenia, then not smoking weed would prevent you from getting it. His thought patterns weren’t normal, even before his first real break with reality.
OK neeexxxxt!!!
I thought this unsubstantiated claim was the worst of them all:
organic produce has more flavor. Or some claim like that about flavor and organic. Sorry, that’s simply not true. What is true? The process of growing and harvesting can affect the flavor.
So that’s the biggest…broscience or old wives tale of em all. Whatever you want to call it, I call it spurious claims. So, how can I prove a claim like that? Easy! By growing both organic and chemical then comparing!!! Not comparing by me either. I grew some melons in both hydro and organic. I grew peppers both hydro and organic. I grew weed both hydro and organic. You want to see something I didn’t compare? good luck.
Here’s the reality: water culture plants achieve hyper productivity. “When” you harvest the produce is most important. Harvest only…when…ripe.

here’s my seedling starter. Paper towel in a jar with a plastic bag lid. Eventually when they pop I will rip a hole in the towel and let the plants start gaining verticality. :wink:

strain: headbangerXmeatbreath…or meat banger.

2 Likes

Yeah I did a really crap comparison for flavour. Not intentially, just turned out that way. Had cuttings of Jack Herer and grew some in my RDWC setup and some in my dirt tent. It was a crap comparison because it was my first go growing in dirt and i potted them before i had the all the products and didnt use supersoil etc. The dirt tent still turned out tastier. Albeit, much less product. But they had different lights as well so that will probably bork the results. Anyways, the hydro tent ended up the second tastiest weed i have ever grown next to the dirt tent which took first. So I think that test showed that genetics make a big difference to flavour which we already know rather than organic tasting better.

lol yah you have to make all other variables a “control” on your experiment, including genetics. In DWC the Minnesota midget melons were as big as regular sized cantaloupes. Couldn’t say that about the organic ones.

Well I mean, that’s not a myth. There is a simple fact, DWC can outproduce organics in a huge way.

2 Likes

Actually that brings me to a point. You can see my setup isn’t huge…except the space it’s in. I am blooming a maximum of 8 plants, even though I can fit 12 in there. With a max of 24 plants. Now… Productivity is phenomenal. I mean let me underscore that part - I don’t have a drug problem, because I never run out of weed. Alright…so I know this guy. He has a carbon copy of my setup, and I’m talking carbon copy because I set it up myself. Fucking guy is buying weed from the legal producers! Growing not enough weed to make it to the next harvest then going out and buying more from the store. sayyyyyyy…whaaaat?? Here’s the nuts part, he couldn’t get the water culture to work even after I showed him in a couple grows - what to expect. So, whats the point? The point is, if I cut my grow in half so I was only producing 4 plants and 4 clones, I would still have more than enough weed to make it through the hard times. 8 plants and 8 clones just means I have buds laying around as a cushion against crop failure. You can’t imagine the true horror of a natural disaster wiping out your entire crops only to realize… you could also run out of fucking weed! :scream:

1 Like

hah hah buddy is getting 25% of my harvest. errrr whaaaaaat??? I would be suicidal.

Yeah, I’m still at the “running out of weed” point.

I’m hoping by the end of the year that will no longer be the case.

2 Likes

I remember back in the day, taking the plunge into only relying on myself for weed productivity. There were hard times when mildew and spider mites wiped out my crops. Shit, I have lots to teach my old self, wheres the time machine at?

1 Like

I still have the main stem of the first plant I grew. 10oz under 1x1000watt hps in DWC, I thought I was a god. Nowadays, I’d be ready to die if I fucked it up like that.

2 Likes

Haha, I’d be happy if 10oz was a fuck up for me!

2 Likes

ohh my I laughed hard over that one. Ahh hopefully beginners will see themselves in a young me… bungling along. Making clones for the first time, growing one batch at a time, of plants, about 10 of them. Each with an ounce of weed. Didn’t even know bubble hash existed.
BOOM enter future me… perpetual harvest mode engaged. Hyper productivity is go! Hash…always dabbin’. But it seems like there is almost a lifetime between young me and future me. Shit… there is.

7 Likes