My Water Culture

Yeah, this has been my first block of back to back grows, it feels weird that I’ve only been doing this seriously for 6 months. I’ve learned so much in that time from people on here.

3 Likes

yah, I find there’s lots of strange broscience it’s not like an agricultural program at a credited institution. On the other hand you also have to accept that no single human can come up with all the good ideas, so you have to look around to find em :wink:

I dunno what went wrong but that small plant had EC just above plain water. See what it looks like?

It’ll be ok after a couple of days. I must have fucked the pooch on that one.

4 Likes

king tuts, all good EC and ph levels!

starting to look good yet?

6 Likes

Can’t wait for the “pandemic special” on south park. My DVR is on stand-by!

2 Likes

when I was a teenager I would read books by the score. There was no book too long to read! At a party I was like yooooo I can read any book, I’m the speed reading champ. Then…Some clever motherfucker produced a copy of “ATLAS SHRUGGED - AYN RAND” and I’m not even parodying the chickenfucker south park episode. So I had to fucking read it of course. Boy, did I learn my lesson.
“This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.”
I never made stupid boasts like that again. You have never known true horror unless you have read that book.

3 Likes

hahhah I would rather re-read this chemistry text book again cover-to-cover than read that fucking rand shit.

2 Likes

ok ! plants are growing…budding…etc. The plant I borked has regenerated nicely in two days! If I had given it the proper dose, it would be way bigger now. Hah what a dummy, the operator is the single failure point in this system :wink:

6 Likes

ok! Well I turned off the outside air, because of…fucking wildfires. The lazy ways are now paying off huge because I only have 1 light burning so things don’t heat up. Oh yah I’m supposed to claim I’m psychic when things work out. “FUCK MAN MY SYYYYKICK INTUITION ONLY ONE LIGHT, SMOKE BRO!” <–classic mind fucking trick used by “psychics” everywhere.

is that a jungle yet?? heh heh… I go down there for some heavy breathing…gotta regen the carbon dioxide levels.

6 Likes

ok you ready to see the version of me that suuuuucked? Before I knew what the fuck I was doing.

fucking hydrotron everywhere…gaaa what a dumbass.

4 Likes

lol forgot to mention one of my “meatbanger” plants has sprouted.

1 Like

hmm make that “all three sprouted” looking good for a monster fusion project. Never tried three at once!

The most plants I fused together were 4 tomatoes. Those tomato plants are fun to experiment with!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

hah hah ohh shit, yah I know I forgot people are doing that and stuff. I’m making fun of the old me, and it’s like…making fun of lots of growers. ahhh just take it with a grain of salt, if I were young me again I’d probably think old me was an asshole for laughing at me…errr LOL!

3 Likes

I’m so joking, don’t worry!

3 Likes

crazy part is if you roll into the hydro store and tell em you want to DWC they set you up with netpots and hydrotron. I found the netpots got destroyed by hyper-hydro-roots, and the hydrotron let fungus gnats live in your system.

2 Likes

I’m playing with hydroton again in the ebb & flow, but yeah I’m done with it for DWC. I still use netcups because my collars fall through my holes otherwise haha!

1 Like

yah I upgraded to pipe cleaner on a string hanging from a screw in the ceiling. The neoprene I remove after the plant gets big enough in bloom.

1 Like

I use the hydrotron to scare away chipmunks, they like to plant grains in the organic drip system. They hate planting in hydrotron. Then I found blood meal scares them away even better. I guess they don’t like the smell of death.

2 Likes

cough cough mmmm good hash! The three seedlings continue to “do their thing” In their own little world of 90% humidity they are cracking their way out of the shell. Just wait and see what I do with these seedlings, it’ll shock you.

hah ohhh that’s a shitty photo. That’s ok You can’t auto focus through uhhh glass like that. ish… hah hah. When they start the height gain, I’ll probably do it in a salad greens container. I’m looking to make seedlings like this:

They don’t have to be as tall as that, but it helps!

3 Likes

ok, I put them in their temporary shelter until they can physically be placed into hydroponics.

One pod is off, one half off and the other almost off. PRobably be a couple of days before hydro time. In case you are wondering the seedling just needs 90% humidity to sprout. I put them on top of the paper towel and the largest one already had roots to harvest humidity from the atmosphere. That shit won’t last once they hit the hydro! Deep water roots only! I got them nestled in a fold of towel, they will probably need to be cut out with scissors, who knows.

2 Likes