My/your Tobacco grow

they need to be pressed on the surface. if they’re covered they won’t sprout. they need light to germinate. you’ll be harvesting for xmas but unless you dry with heat, you’ll only smoke it in march. may be able to dry it on low heat in the oven or over a wood stove. just make sure it doesn’t get crispy dry.

2 Likes

Cool , I never sprinkled, but I’m sure that some did sprinkle, but I watered with a hose pressure attatchmennt just enough not to dig up Deep ones but hard enough to of buried th ones on top. And I do have a wood burner, won’t need it till Jan. and then only a few days at a time till march. I live way down south, tanning year round.The Oak trees in my yard, which were big when I moved in in ‘95. Are a sun blocking most of my yard. In the planter I planted in only gets sun from 11:00 to 3:00. Not near enough sun. Where I got the big plant is the 2nd sunniest spot. Ive been saving the sunniest spot For last three yrs for a 12’ willow tree I dug up 2 weeks ago. Which is the 6th one I dug up. 1-4, I put in 5 gal. buckets, all got stolen. #5 I put in 40 gal. bucket, I still have it but might wait on transplanting till I move out of this meth infested cesspool . Gotta have my magical willow trees! That’s where the beautiful elf ladies hang out in all the movies right?

2 Likes

water from the bottom and you won’t disturb the seeds. i also start them on a heat pad. they spout quicker.

2 Likes

just ordered some virginia burley and oriental tobacco. also ordered a wild tobacco called kessu that supposedly has psychoactive properties. :slight_smile: got from sustainableseed.com. $3.14 per 100 seeds.

6 Likes

hey i got your seeds a while back, i couldn’t remember who sent them . Got online several times just to look back and see, there was always something shining over in the corner., i remembered to look again tonight and ignored the shiny things. thank you @moose71! I think i’m going to do some in the 24 hr room untill spring

1 Like

7 Likes

Very nice guys :+1:. Really has me thinking of growing a plot now.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Pluck those flowers unless you want more seeds!

3 Likes

i would like some seeds, so how many should i pluck to get at least a few seed pods

2 Likes

1 seed pod has tonnns of seeds. A pod or 2 is probably plenty, you can always make some more the next time you grow some. Or say to hell with it and leave them be, they look pretty cool all flowered out

5 Likes

they do dont they! Maybe ill make a seed run outta it, free no name tobacco seed give away. open to all members, new r old, while they last.

8 Likes

what about pulling leafs now, r better to wait?
how will i know when to pull the plant?

I’ve been thinking about growing tobacco for a long time now. I’d be glad to have some when they’re ready :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pretty sure you can pick some and leave the others. I think if you keep it from foowering you can keep it going as long as you want… but don’t quote me its been awhile

1 Like

you got it @Foreigner , I just gotta figure out when they’re ready. I got a cple leaves i’ve been drying. think i might smoke some today.

1 Like

if i top it, will it get bushy?, if i pull leaves, do they grow back? its all ready 7’ tall at least. i think im going to dig up the small one and put under 24 hr light, dwc, and see what happens

1 Like

I’m not sure to be honest… I went to camp for a few weeks. By the time I came back there were seeds everywhere so I chopped em lol

2 Likes

i harvest the leaves from the bottom up as they start to yellow. as long as its warm enough the leaves will continue to grow on the upper part of the plant. they won’t regrow on the lower part. . i took the flowers off in early aug. and more leaves came out but it let it flower in late sept when they came out again. it stayed alive even after it flowered into nov but stopped growing at 7ft. if i had planted it in may, who knows how big it would have grown.

4 Likes

ok, im gonna go head and strip the lower leaves, but leave the plant alive. I do want seeds this time. the seed pods the other guy gave me were alot bigger than anything i see in these flowers.
if i was to plant one of the seeds you gave me , next to a plant from one of my seeds, would they make hybrid seeds, like what weed does?

2 Likes