My/your Tobacco grow

not sure but id imagine so. what cultivar is this one?

1 Like

never been told the name, its maybe what im talking about. The man i got them from orders seeds from somewhere every now and then, he told me. i know he lets them seed for the next years small, 20 + plant crop.

1 Like

Hmm…may have to start some seeds and put them out in early spring. Would be cool to see how big they can get. Learn a nice curing method.

Any of you canadians with seeds?

1 Like

Tappy what is the curing method? Inquiring minds want to know!

1 Like

:face_with_monocle::brain::ear::hear_with_hearing_aid::eyes::eye:
Daaaamn, I must be high.

2 Likes

No I can’t type. :rofl::rofl::joy::joy:

1 Like

got my face hurting, laughing so hard!

I’ll grow up one day, but I’ll never quit licking windows.

1 Like

take the leaf and lay on a cutting board. slice the middle of the leaf spline in half then put around a wood dowel or small piece of strapping. tie the large end with a small rubber band or twine to keep the leaf on the dowel so the leaf hangs tip down. fill your dowel keeping the laves separated. hang somewhere warm and dry. once the leaves turn a light brown and are still soft. they’re ready to process. this sometimes takes 3 months. you can sun dry as well which is quicker but the sugars won’t have as much time to break down and your smoke will be harsh. when done i just strip the tobacco off the rib and pulse the tobacco a few times in the food processor to the flake size you want. i just made some very nice pipe tobacco by adding some honey diluted in bourbon sprayed on my tobacco as i pulsed it in the processor. smokes very well. you also can ferment the leaves by stacking them and rotating over time but its a long process and can ruin your leaves if not done properly. like weed a slow cure is best. i just hung mine in the garage.

3 Likes

does that account for the heat down south by the us/ mex. border. also if wrapped around a wooded shaft, that would also preshape a blount wrap.

in drier regions you would probably have to mist it occasionally to get a good cure because once it gets too dry the cure stops. look up hand rolling cigars on youtube. all kinds of vids there that show how to roll tobacco leaf. the cubans are expert rollers! as long as its moist enough you can shape it like rolling papers.

2 Likes

don’t laugh!
my 2nd attempt.
100% organic home grown
BLOUNT
weed and tobacco leaf. 1st attempt the leaf was way to dry

10 Likes

that was fn awesome .
smooth! not harsh at all . High AF.
now im ready to work on my rooms

8 Likes

hey. nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

It froze a cple nites ago here. Not long, maybe 5 hrs… The
watered all week. I dont think the big one gonna make it. The littlest one i dug up and put in the 24hr room. Dont look like it’s gonna make it either, but it might. These seed pods are small compared to the ones he gave me, same plants im pretty sure

1 Like

how far north will tobacco grow? I always thought it was a southern-only crop. but, now I’m interested… I’ve heard a tea from the plant is good to keep pests out of your other garden plants.

3 Likes

I started my tobacco plants indoors about shoot 12 weeks before putting them outside. They take a long time to germinate and make it to about 4 inches tall. After that 3 months max outside for a burley variety. And yes it taste wayyy better then any tobacco I ever bought

1 Like

Yep, straight up poison. I heard aint nothing going to live after the yard is sprayed. I like my worms. Only reason i havent sprayed any.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve never had homegrown Tobacco

If anyone’s is down to hook me up with a sample I’ll send you a sample of my seeds lol