Nagel420 - Third Times A Charm!

That’s what she said!
Sorry, I had to… after @Slick1 gets done with this one, it’ll be worse. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh… this must be why I was having trouble with that willow water in my cloner. Yours is a bubble cloner, mine is an aero. This morning I had to disassemble the damn thing, clean out the gunk from the willow water and put it back together again. :frowning: Organics and hydro don’t work, it seems.

2 Likes

@Papalag Its a seedsman “house” seed, from seedsman… Easy as hell to clone, that thing wanted to root in the rockwool like nothing I’ve grown other than maybe coleus…

Ahh… In that case, boil up some willow switches, let it cool, then use that water in the cloner. Could filter it with a coffee filter just to be sure. Should be less organics. Mist heads don’t like much of anything in them… I have lots of mist heads in the sandbeds out back :smiley:

Oh I know, but I feel sorry for him at times and leave him some freebies. Ya know how hard it is for him to resist :rofl:

1 Like

Excellent, I just did that this afternoon. :wink: Glad to see I was on the right track. The coffee filter didn’t catch a lot, but certainly some… that would be an ugly extra step without vacuum filtration, though. Apparently making RSO also helps with cloning, who knew?

2 Likes

Damn @Nagel420 you’ve got a lot of irons in the fire over there bud! Real curious about that GDP, I copped some beans from johnnys x-mas sale recently, waiting on them to show, but that’s one that’s been on the list for a while and I’m real stoked to check it out. Are those bonsai moms in some kind of SIP setup? I just went through and read oldtimers bonsai mom thread again, trying to do it to my good medicine cuts to keep ‘em around for a while. Everything looks awesome dude!! :v:t2:

2 Likes

If you bastids had any idea the restraint I show around here your jaws would drop :rofl:

I was actually thinking yesterday I need to look through my collection and see what I have in auto that’s got a real nice energy to it like WW. I need to grow some clean your house shit. I have some WW in photo but if I think I may have a cross with it in auto and if I do I think it’s time.

1 Like

Its an ILGM GDP, nothing special unfortunately. I am still seeking a GDP similar to some I had from a cali dispensary in the mid 2000’s. Just LOVED her taste and high and haven’t found anything the same. I will say, the buds are nice and dense, trimming wasn’t bad, and the taste is pretty good, but not that cali dispensary GDP I had LOL. Been sneaking a few nugs cause it tastes so good, but I really should give it the full cure…

They are in those mini octopots that a few of us on here have been playing with:
@firehead showed us in Micro Octopot Grow - Overgrow.com

@SaintAliasKnife and @GramTorino have been playing with em as well…

You and me both! Indica was always hard to find here, so now that I am growing it, I went all INdica LOL… But it doesn’t help you stay motivated or get shit done, thats for sure! ROFL Supposedly there’s some Sativa to the Blueberry Jack Herer (and thus in Black n Blue Jack), as well as in the Tycho Monolith autos I have…

3 Likes

Those octopups are still out of stock

I really like the idea of those for some moms

I’ll keep an eye out for them

3 Likes

I gotta think… There’s nothing particularly specialized about em…a 5G bucket, or even a square cat litter bucket (with a full lid not that hinged stuff) would be very similar. Holesaw for the netpot, felt pot on top. Other than size of the 5g, its the same premise (and a cat litter bucket might even be closer).

The Amazon ones come and go for stock. I imagine its all the posts on cannabis forums, cause one day there’s 10 or 12 in stock, them WHAM! all gone…

5 Likes

I prefer less speedy shit in general but it’s good to have. WW gets me moving and I’m talking like one hit and do shit because it’s an uncomfortable high to sit and dwell on for me. What I got off of a single WW plant would least me forever.

I will definitely be scooping up some of those mini octopots too! Nice way to dip my toes in the water and see if I want to pursue the legit bigger ones at some point.

1 Like

I’ve posted this like 8 times and you guys just keep on trying to buy them on Amazon… I’ve been using the same damn system as the Octopots for years, before anyone ever came up with a cool name and branded it. I got it from Ed Rosenthal’s book, which is nearly 40 years old. :wink: I just put wicking material on the bottom layer of the fabric pot and let it sit in the reservoir instead. If I let the plants get big enough and keep the reservoir full, roots will grow out the bottom of the pot into the reservoir rather than going completely rootbound. I prefer not to because one way or another, netpot or roots coming through the holes in the stitching, it weakens the pot for future runs… but it’s an option.

Notice the line drawn on the reservoir? That matches up with the level of the wicking material in the bottom of the pot. I have the lids with holes carved in them up in the attic somewhere, to block the light from reaching the water. What I need now is to amend my soil so I can stop feeding and just go with water. :stuck_out_tongue: Otherwise, Octopot or DIY, it doesn’t work great with the “soluble” organic food that isn’t really soluble and tends to congeal after a week or so.

5 Likes

I should have figured! I know johnnys all hot on figuring out a DIY method for those. Gotta keep an ear to the ground on how you guys like em.

I’ve heard so many people go on about that old cali GDP, I guess that’s what I’m chasing too ultimately, having never tried that specifically I’m really just after some good taste and a nice, relaxing, therapeutic high.

This was the diesel I grew a couple years back for me, it’s what leaves me kinda in the fence about sativas, if I was going snowboarding or fishing or just being up and about it was great, but if I tried to sit down and chill I got all anxious, not a fun feeling at all. That said I’ve heard a lot of folks talk about lighter effect sativas that I think sound like the way to go, so I’m looking into those. Got high hopes for the Tangie F2s I was able to acquire

1 Like

Yeah but I want mine to be pretty and made for me :laughing:

A dispensary here had Tangie and it was a comfortable sativa for me. It had a little bit of pick up to it but I could also just smoke it and chill without the anxiety. I really liked it.

3 Likes

The very next post, the subject is back to “figuring out” a way to DIY them, so no worries. I don’t think my method is taking off any time soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@Nagel420 Wow! Rarely have I seen such a group of top strains in one grow space!! Congrats!! Simply amazing! :pray: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

1 Like

This “wicking material” at the bottom, with the whole felt pot essentially also being a giant wick, doesn’t keep the soil mix too wet? I do have felt pots in trays, but they are filled with mix. If I always kept an inch of water in the trays they would be way too wet…

Fill the bottom of a pot with an inch or two of hydroton perhaps, then the soil mix? That might transfer less water, but I still wonder about the wicking ability of the felt itself…

sigh… more possible experiments! lol…

1 Like

Good point, that was a bit non-specific. I use growstone, or more lately its more expensive cousin “buddystone,” which is essentially a recycled glass substitute for perlite/hydroton. It wicks fairly slowly and doesn’t hold a lot of water itself. I also use it for aeration as part of the soil mix. I expect perlite and hydroton would work too, with slight variations on wicking speed perhaps.

1 Like

Man that’s just the review I was hoping to hear. You’re a real peach slick!

2 Likes

I’ve been called worse :laughing:

2 Likes

So… I tested this today…

Other than printing the feed funnel (aint cutting the kitchen one up!) it worked perfectly…

Then this happened:

Not the most amazing return, but for my first press? I’ll take it. I am sure there’s lots for me to learn to maximize each press,

First taste? Used a Terp Slurper on my glass, gotta add a pic of that here, I couldn’t find ANYTHING on OG about a Terp Slurper and had to rely on Youtube. Well, first taste? Barely felt the smoke, absolutely tasted the terpenes, and one and done baby. The smallish returns don’t bother me so much now, since it took such a little amount to make me smile. I am sure I will get better returns as I practice more.

In two words? Fuckin’ Delicious!!!

I’d say today was all in all a productive day, and I can enjoy the fruit of my labor now. :smiley:

ps. for those of you who press flower, what are you doing with your “pucks” afterwards? I assume you can reuse the bags as well, freeze them to break off remaining rosin?

17 Likes

Just watched the video, looks like it works great!! :grinning:

4 Likes