NBS1089 hybrids galore

Here is the start to a series of new hybrids with the 1089 mother. There are a wide range of meph plants along with a couple from mandolorian aka gnome, and wicked pissah. I’ll post updates as we go.

I’ll give a full list of things a bit later.

w/ @anon4675195

13 Likes

OK… here is the list:

All the meph gear was purchased in late 2020. They are all inbred (F3/4 up to F7).

Mephisto:
Sour Crinkle
Sour Stomper
Alien vs. Triangle
Skywalker
Samsquanch OG
Forgotten Cookies
Creme de la Chem
Super Orange Haze
Mango Smile

Wicked Pissah:
Tangerine Diesel (unknown… F3 from photo?)

Gnome Automatics:
Bobby’s Widow

My cherry fog, 3 bears OG and double grape all failed to germinate… so they are out.

Will be spraying NBS1089 with 500 ppm Silver Nitrate solution once the firs true leaves appear.

They are currently growing in a mix of Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, coco coir, and perlite (1:1:1). Thus far they have only been watered directly from the tap. They will be fed with Canna bio Vega, humid acid and kelp until flower and then switched over to Canna bioflores. This will be a fully organic grow cycle.

8 Likes

Couple of sour stompers make an appearance. My first one didn’t germinate — it’s such a good strain that I thought it would be worth it to put my last two seeds in the ground. Sort of disappointed though… of this 7 pack on 2/7 germinated.

4 Likes

@abazabaaa I just put some 3 Bears og to soak in some UrbNatural 4 days ago cracked now to the ground. I hope it’s not the same batch. Bought from OES. :pensive:

I bet it will be fine. I’ll post updates on mine shortly.

1 Like

Looks like you’re in the BatCave :v: :sunglasses: :pray:

Looks like we are at around day 15ish (give or take a few since planting). Things should start to pick up rather quickly and everyone will start to show sex over the next 2 weeks.

The 1089s have a few true leaves now and will be getting sprayed soon enough. I will probably spray in the next couple of days.

Everyone is in their final pots — note that they are all in 1 gal pots and I have no intent to grow them large. They have only been watered so far… and sparingly so.

3 Likes

Got a new toy…

I’m running an optic slim 650 — getting around 350-450 umol/m2/s, which I think is supposed to be ppfd.

Seems like an acceptable level given I am mostly looking for seed this run.

As for selections…Since most of the meph strains are F5 and above there shouldn’t be too much variation in phenotype.

The only cases where I have more than one plant going are Bobby’s widow (I planted three) and Sour stomper— also planted three. For the Bobby’s widow it is a reg, and also only an F3. I’ve grown it before, but I’ve seen a fair amount of variation in the plants.

If I get a male, I may use some of the pollen to see if I can get hybrids of bubblegum, gorilla bubble and deep chunk.

As for sour stomper, I’ve been impressed by this strain. I’d like to be able to pick from the best pheno — assuming there is much variation? Hard to know. I guess we will see.

It’s too early to look for resinous stems or hints of terpene profile.

3 Likes

Yes Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density (PPFD) is measured in micromoles per meter squared per second (umol/m2/s).

Sounds like a good PPFD reading. I target 400 PPFD in veg and 600 PPFD in flower.

1 Like

Thanks — what nm light range does yours detect? Mine says on the back 400-750 nm, so I assume it is picking up some of the UV/IR from the leds. There is also a 350W CMH light on the other side of the room.

Think I got the light model wrong on the other post slim 650s from optic led.

So there is around a total of 1100W.

1 Like

Ok…

I made up a 500 ppm Silver Nitrate solution in DI water 500mg/L and sprayed the 1089s on their tops and developing lateral branches.

Never reversed a plant before… interested to see how this goes.

1 Like

Yes, mine is in a similar range, I’m using the Pulse Pro grow monitor to take my PPFD readings.

1 Like

Both of the pollen donors seem to have responded — looking droopy and generally unhappy. Every one is looking good as we enter week 3. Usually start to see some significant changes in the next few weeks.

2 Likes

And Bobby’s widow wins the award for fastest gun in the west… this lady has shown sex on day 23 post planting. I usually trim 4 days off that number when describing post “sprout” to make it more consistent with other folks.

I’ve had Bobby’s widow show sex on day 15-17 post sprout… so this is pretty consistent. She generally finishes around day 55. I’m a little concerned that she will be too far a long to get pollinated but we shall see.

5 Likes

So I stand corrected— I missed that both the Skywalkers have shown sex as well. As you can see both plants are showing very similar if not identical phenotypes so far — consistent with this strain being an F7 from mephisto. One would expect near-complete homozygousity at this point.

5 Likes