Need Info on Advanced Nutrients Please

has anyone used multiple advance nutrients products. i have a friend that uses 20 to 30 products. ??? what am i missing out on.

2 Likes

20 to 30?? Whatever you think you might be missing out on, your wallet is much happier to sit that one out.

13 Likes

I just switched over form Advanced Nutrients. Used their entire connoisseur master line.

You’re not missing out on anything, in fact, I would highly recommend you stay away form AN.

4 Likes

I don’t think that you’re missing out on anything.
A lot, and I meen A LOT of these fancy-schmancy products with bright colors and detailed artwork are in fact just that. Especially when they know that their target market is cannabis growers. Snake oil I say!
Now, don’t get me wrong. I have, and will use Advanced Nutrients again. Also with great results. Though I choose not to buy into all these additional bulking or finisher products. I use the three part Micro, Grow, and Bloom with the addition of SensiCal Mag Xtra, and sometimes Nirvana. Five bottles. Already to much for my liking, lol.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

How are your results compared to not the connoisseur master line. Say a basic line you have used in the past.

2 Likes

Connoisseur line is not their best product. Everything else is good. The new dry powder works great. You don’t have to use all the extra stuff but it’s fun to play around with it sometimes. I’ve been using regular sensi A and B for 20 years. The best synthetic nutrients you can get

3 Likes

I used to use Advanced, only because I got it at less than wholesale pricing thru a business deal. I hated feeling like a chemist mixing all the bottles, and didn’t use their entire line. Connoisseur A,B and 3 additives. Switched to Megacrop 1 part, and will never look back. 1/10 of the price for the same nutrients, 1 measure and it’s mix and go, no measuring a whole slew of stuff. My plants don’t know the difference, just that they are being fed what they want.
Advanced had their hay day when they hit the market in the early 90’s, since then, people have figured out that all the marketing behind them is all BS and plants do just as well if not better with a 1 part and not 20 bottles of water mixed with a bit of nutrients. The state of Oregons Ag department did tests on their “microbe” bottles, and what did they find, test results didn’t even come close to the claims on their bottles, like only 5% of their claim was in there.

3 Likes

Skinny wallet.

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try the sensi ph perfect coco line. I realize that is different from the regular.

1 Like

I’d also like to add that I’ve never used their products at more than half the recommended strength and done just fine. :wink:

1 Like

You can literally use 1, there are complete 1-part nutrients available. Technically 2 if you count pH adjuster bases or acids.

It shouldn’t ever be more complicated than 3 parts total. Maybe a sterilizer for hydro or small adjustment of something if you have unusual water source but that’s about it.

AN is mostly nonsense.

Nutrition should be the easiest part, folks just make it complicated.

5 Likes

I know its expensive but I would like to try TPS ONE. I’m using Mega crop 2 part and the sweet candy right now. No complaints.

1 Like

Dyna Gro is the classic liquid 1 part. It’s great if you have hard water.

Otherwise, use MaxiGrow/MaxiBloom.

Both extremely cheap and available at every hydro store.

3 Likes

You definitely don’t need all those bottles…

I am not an AN fan by any means but you can use Seni Bloom A and B from start to finish with good results.

Its just 2 bottles from seedling to harvest. I still pH adjust it but if you’re using it with distilled you theoretically wouldn’t need to.

Doing Canna Coco A and B start to finish also works great in coco and is just 2 bottles.

2 Likes

Advanced is stupid easy and it works great. I get 55 gallon drums of coco Part A and B bloom. You don’t even have to worry about PH. I use bloom for everything from seed to harvest. It doesn’t get any easier than that. Don’t even use any other products of theirs really.

1 Like

Im a octo pot grower., I use TPS1 and that’s it. No Soil chemistry here… …and no plant problems… 1.5-1.8lbs from 3 plants consistently… I’m up to buying 2.5 gallons now.

GR

4 Likes

So you just balance the PH, add one nutrient and nothing else? Sounds incredibly simple. How do you like the quality of the flower compared to other fertilizers?

2 Likes

You are not missing out on anything. Just learn to use any basic 2 or 3 part nutrient formula + calmag. You don’t Need* anything else.

If you want to get fancy, I really like Remo Nutrients full line (which is like 4 products in veg and 6 products in flower). But again you don’t Need* the full line.

(that’s strictly talking bottled salts.)

2 Likes

That is really good to know. I have heard it is the real deal. :sunglasses: :metal: :peace_symbol: Would love to see results. Pics or a link?

Hey lefty thanks my wallet is skinny already.

1 Like