Needing Some input on light choices

Good to hear I’m definitely going to be building one out soon

Would anyone in here have any experience running a mix of DE HP, and CMH mixed? I currently am in the middle of doing so, and was wondering how it worked out for them? I am having to flower a pull with my CMH’s because I need to get more scratch together for my DE’s…

Any info regarding this is appreciated,

K.

1 Like

Ya I am not seeing a difference between my 1000watt light and my 1000 watt e. heater. I think if I swapped out every heater I have for a light I would be just as warm although I don’t think the heaters are on a full constant draw.
Electrical rates range greatly over provinces and states. I am fortunate in Quebec. Just looked up Missouri they are relatively cheap comp. to some states. Still, 700$ is that an ever 2-month bill? may want to look into these solo strips for summer lighting. I have no experience with them but they have my eye.

1 Like

Summer is hot here AC runs non stop, lows are in the 80s July and August so never really cools off. Up North i would think you can still cool off at night. I didn’t have heat issues in Minnesota at all when i lived there

1 Like

i never need a.c there is a very tall tree line shading my whole house it has pro’s and cons.

1 Like

Man I’m going cheap Chinese if they break or a board goes out I’m buying my replacement parts from hlg ,:wink::thinking::shushing_face:! (Tax season) Screenshot_20200211-031239|250x500

3 Likes

Hadn’t thought of it like that that’s a pretty smart idea no reason it wouldn’t work

1 Like

It has been about 12yrs since I last grew. I used a 600w Hps but now it seems LED are all the rage. I’m only looking to grow 2 plants at a time and would like suggestions or size and manufacture as I dont want to build my own.
Also need advice on seed company if anyone has a favorite discrete company.

4 Likes

Hi @anon81143130
Welcome to OG!

I moved your thread into a pre-existing thread which will provide you with better
response to your questions.

Many here will assist you readily.
Have fun!

2 Likes

Look at Kingbrights
I have two 240’s and they are great!

Completely pre-assembled…Just mount and connect the drivers and BOOM!

Don’t forget to figure in the fgt on the right side.

I run these, but the 301h models are also available. I also have a few V1 HLG’s as well as Atriums and these are just as good quality wise imo.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/hlg-quantum-board-V2-240W-lm301b_62094972576.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.18.248c6af1RS2Vgb

3 Likes

@Buzzer777 Do they actually draw 240 watts? Can you explain what you mean by figure the fgt on the right side? Thanks in advance. Been checking out various hlg fixtures and china knockoffs including king brite and spider farmer.

I was looking at this one but unsure if that’s enough to flower 2 medium sized plants

4 Likes

@ [Grohio

Yes they draw 240 watts from the wall, or so says the Kill-O-Watt meter. There is also a pre wired dimmer on the B type Meanwell driver.

There is a large thread on ***farmer.com that has a bunch of positive reviews (mine too)

This the fgt to Nevada USA. They shipped mine UPS PRIORITY and it got here in less than a week.

1 Like

I’ve been running knock off HLG quantum boards from China for almost a year now and they show no signs of going out.

They are half the price and use the same Meanwell driver and newer diodes that put out more light than the ones HLG is using.

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/quantum-board.html

HLG’s mark up is pretty obscene, these lights cost pennies to make.

Big grow ops already spent all that money on lights and setting them up, why would they switch them out.

The HIDs still work just less efficiently. You’d have to redesign airflow too because less heat.

I probably sound like a broken vinyl at this point but newer LEDs are the shit, no downside to them.

6 Likes

I am actually gonna give the new gavita leds a run for this 12 lighter I am setting up. Believe me i wanna believe they can pull like hid so imma check it out myself and see what i can do with em. Gonna drop like 15k jus in lights but it’s worth it for not needing a mi i split and for the 400 less watts per light

4 Likes

Bubblegum auto grown under 560w of 4k QBs, you won’t be disappointed

5 Likes

Hi @KarmaFPS, which of those lights on alibaba.com did you go with? I saw a photo of one in one of your threads, but I’m now sure which one it is on the page you linked.

@anon81143130, based on the spec’s listed on Amazon, I’d say it’s definitely not big enough for 2 medium sized plants:

LOADS CHEAPER to RUN: High Energy Efficiency with 2.7 umol/J, only consume 100w, but has same yield as fake 1000W 1200W Blurple led growing lights. Veg footprint is 3 x 3 ft, Flowering footprint is 2 x 2 ft.

On the other hand, my “medium sized plants” are possibly larger than what you have in mind. I could barely fit one of my smaller ones in a 2x2 footprint! :grin:

this ones goes by $683.10 rigth now just 80 dollars more and will have something that is tested proved work wonders and dimmable if dont need the full 620 watts

3 Likes