Needing Some input on light choices

I bought mine from seller named Kingbrite, their store page is gone for some reason but I think their lights are still for sale on the link I posted.

Meijiu is also a reputable seller on ali baba.

5 Likes

also, I’m not trying to shit on HLG, their lights are good and a little more professionally done, all you need to do is plug them in and the wiring is done more seamlessly.

In addition they have some kind of safety standard rating that the Chinese boards don’t. So that’s also what you’re paying for.

Like I said though, I’ve been running these boards for almost a year, they have the same electrical driver and newer diodes than HLG offerings. Nothing’s exploded burned out or making weird noises and these things are on 24/7.

3 Likes

this one runs for 99 more than the 600 and here is a link on a growmie that have it and works wonders

Was hoping to find something at $300 or less. If anyone has a link on a $300 led please post

1 Like

Hlg is having a sale. You could grab the two boards and the heatsink from hlg for like 170. And grab a meanwell driver off Amazon. Just my two cents. I grabbed the 129.00 light it’s a 5k tho.

Screenshot_20200302-182738

4 Likes

Hey bud, what size space are you working with?

2x2 feet? 2x4 feet? 3x3 feet?

Usually we choose lights and wattage based on a space rather than plant count.

With new LEDs I personally believe you can do well with less than 30 watts per square foot. I tend to aim for 25 watts per square foot, but it’s not a bad idea to shoot for 30.

So a 2x2 space is 4 square feet and
4 * 25 = 100
4 * 30 = 120

So 100-120 watts would cover a 2x2 space pretty well.

3 Likes

Some nice fat buds :+1:

Another thing to mention is if I’m not mistaken they are binning or only using top bin diodes in their lights so you pay a bit mor for it but it’s worth it I have seen a hlg rspec a clone company here in is that is now unavailable due to copyright same output as the Ali sites with the same drivers and a next light the next and the hlg are noticeably more consistent and a tiny bit more intense but the big takeaway if you have the time to wait and aren’t worried about your light 2 years from now go with the knockoff they are an outstanding value but lack any real support take your pick either way if you keep that in mind you will be happy and someone else mentioned replacing burnt out boards drivers with hlg replacements which should work well in some cases

2 Likes

Thanks guys…I can make the space as large as I like but will likely be 3x3 and only want 2 to 3 plants.
Could also use some suggestions on fan / carbon filter size for a 240w led in a 3x3 space. Heat likely wont be much of an issue as this will be a cooler basement grow.

I still have a fan tech fx6 from grows years ago with HPS. Its 300 cfm so hope it’s not too much for a tent

SolSheetz DBLX
SolStix Rax DBLX

550 watts = avg PPFD of 970 umols/m2/s at 16" over 4x4 ft. area.

Girl Scout Cookies under SolSheetz:

8 Likes

Whats the squatch lights all about. For instance. I noticed the solsheet x for 379 amd the bigsquatch for 379. They appear to be the same light to me…what am i missing?

2 Likes

1000w hps finish w/ metal halide 5x5 aurora indica, i like the gsc im interested now thanks! Solstrip is an option

5 Likes

I was wondering the same thing I was guessing colab or something

Can somebody tell me how many degrees I can expect to add to my 3x3 space using 240w led?

2 Likes

I run 300w LED in a 2x4 and the cab is usually 2C over ambient. Usually.

3 Likes

4 BTUs per watt of electricity…

So a 300w led in a 3x3 tent will likely increase temps by 35 degrees F?

2 Likes

Give or take, yes. There are different LEDs with different efficiencies. If I were to guess I’d say mine runs on the hot side. So something like that.

2 Likes

Mine adds about 10 degrees. So if the house is set to 72 then it’s 82 in the tent. The room is closed also, except for peaking in.

2 Likes