Neighbors dog is barking incessant

My next door neighbors make the stereotypes about Oklahoma look very true
We are the only two houses on this 25 acres and their single wide is very close to us. The couple that lived there first were ok and lived in a double wide which has since been abandoned a.long with appliances and old trucks
The next couple were older and i.liked them they tried.to clean up the place and get rid of some of the junk that the previous couple.had left but it was not long before they were gone
I was assured no one would.be living there soon but two weeks later this young couple.moved in.
Their routine is pretty standard, leaving early and getting home.late. the young man works construction and is gone all the time. The young woman is pregnant wit her first child
The problem is they don’t mow, don’t clean up and have added another junk truck to the collection.
They got themselves two. Put bull terriers and a German shepherd and a chihuahua
All these dogs were.left outside to roam.and the pit killed our cat one night and another night was tearing out.my trash and when I tried to run him.off he growled and barked at me.
I probably should have shot the dog then.
They finally created a pen he will stay in.
I told.them about the pit and they keep him in a tiny pen. The chihuahua spent last spring and summer outside and began being my friend and we will soon castrate him and begin house training him. I convinced them to.let.me give the shepherd away to a nice family that took him.off our hands
What bothers me is they are gone all the time and often late at night the dogs bark a pitiful sounds as if they are lonely and hungry…which im sure they are. I doubt they feed them much and they are gone 12 or 14 hours at a stretch. I feel so sorry for these dogs even though they have torn out.my trash and killed.my cat. I.know they have done nothing and will never do anywith the dogs
Its pitiful and I don’t know what to.do
It pains me.to.be outside.and night and hear theae.dogs barking and barking a high.pitched cry for help
I.tried calling her about the sound and she got real defensive and denied that her dog would.do this
If I turn them in they will have to.know it was.me.sjnce no one else would.know what’s going on

7 Likes

Find good home for dogs. Break fence / pen / door / whatever to make it look like a break out and run away. Steal dogs and take to good home.

10 Likes

Call rescues for the various types of dogs you mentioned. They will help you get the ball rolling as well.

Most have no issue coming and talking to folks that can’t handle a dog & the responsibilities.

5 Likes

I go at stuff like that my whole life, most don’t take up a fight, but you have said something interesting, they have a child on the way. Child Services is a bitch of a friend, but a friend non the less. I would notify child services of there lack of care of pets, and the adverse effects of condoning such practices in front of and around a child. Maybe saving the child’s life, be a karen. IMHO

I would offer to handle it myself if I lived in area, love animals, hate most people.

9 Likes

I would have already busted them out if they hadn’t already growled and threatened.

1 Like

My neighbors just got 2 pit bulls. Now no one is walking down the road

Of.course.my wife has a male dachshund which will definitely attempt.to attack the pits if they are in his yard. :frowning:

1 Like

Record the dogs barking /crying and give the recording to the owner. Or advise you have the recording

Advise that you will be calling animal services if they don’t take the appropriate steps

6 Likes

Yea…animal services is the sheriff and Oklahoma law.on animal cruelty is pretty darn vague

1 Like

Ok …just went over there and fed the one in front of the trailer and gave him water.
I can’t get behind the trailer easily due to all the junk piled around I will try to.get to the dog in back tomorrow and take.pictures and feed that one too…

7 Likes

When they’re gone film the living conditions for those dogs and gather all the info you would need to report it. Hopefully the sheriff would come out and do a welfare check and talk to them.

I feel for you. It’s a sensitive situation considering you’re the only other house around. As for the grass and junk, I don’t see what can be done if it’s on their property unless the landowner got involved. You might be stuck with that one.

Outside of how they care for the animals do they seem like reasonable people?

Maybe some more gentle nudging will get them on track but with a baby on the way they are definitely under a ton of stress… you don’t want to push too hard or it could go south. The last thing you want is a war with a neighbor.

7 Likes

Just remember this… maybe not first and foremost- but only after the safety of the dogs. These are people, going through who knows what, so give them every chance to defend themselves. You could show her the recordings of the dogs and she could change attitude quickly.

But yeah… there is that small chance. Larger and larger these days. That this is a warning sign, and I worry about that kid.

3 Likes

People who live below me have 2 dogs they bark 8 hours a day 40 hour week my dogs don’t bark unless someone is at the door
Or they see a cat on the tv

Now I just hammer on steel on the weekend make plenty of noise their days off lol what they going to say

2 Likes

same shit here in hawaii. plus roosters from 2am-8am. :unamused:

:evergreen_tree: savages

1 Like

My apartment is right beside the garbage chute and my dog does not like the noise of recycling being crammed down the hole. Me either for that matter.

Still better than being right beside the elevator.

1 Like

We used to have a garbage Shute next to my apartment,then when people moved out they would fill it with their trash block it
Owners of the building blocked them all up.in the summer there was a plague of flys outside my door lol

It’s funny I live in the third floor people below me have 2 dogs that never stop barking then below them there’s another 2 dogs lol

3 Likes

I know but this dog never barks unless they are getting home late and its always a high pitched begging for food.bark…
Yea i.can see this ending badly specially since they are locals.and have relatives all.over this little.town
Fuk

4 Likes

:banjo:

:evergreen_tree: :wink:

1 Like

4 Likes

People that lived below me for 16 years before the new people were pretty noisy they would start opening and closing doors at 4am,old Russian couple ,they both retired and
Moved out of California said they couldn’t afford to live here anymore…so the new people moved in few months ago 2 sheep dog kinda looking beasts,like I said before I know how to make mad noise start tuning a handpan on a Sunday morning usually sends a message ,I don’t like to fight and argue over dogs to be honest unless the dogs are fighting

2 Likes