Neo's Sad Grow Log

Lemon trip 2. Hard to describe smell. Spicy/woody/sugary (almost like bubblegum but not quite. sweet.)

13 Likes

Lemon trip 3. Similar to number 1 in smell. Sour/tangy lemon lime but this one doesn’t have that rubber.

14 Likes

Lemon trip 4. Smell similar to number 2 but better. spicy/weedy + has more of the sweetness that kinda reminds me of gum/sugar. Lots of visible bananas. More dense than the other 3. I’m actually gonna take a smoke break with this one before finishing the rest :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I got lucky with the bananas all being late so didn’t get weed that was crazy seeded.

14 Likes

Chupacabra (oaxacan bx x chewie). Really nice mixed citrus smell on this one that could almost be a cologne :stuck_out_tongue: Sweet orange/lemon. Almost like a lemonade made from the 2 or something.

13 Likes

chupa 2 Similar to 1 but more sour lemon forward with some tang to it. (all the phenos are basically some mix of a bunch of citrus fruit/rind)

15 Likes

Chupa 3. This one is mostly sweet orange “cologne” but still get a touch of lemon/tang when ground up. Some bananas on the nugs too. My growing is too stressful to them :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Chupa 4. “Stale” sweet orange/touch of lemon. Unfortunately these ones seem to have been hit the hardest with bananas and also has some micro seeds from a late pollination or something but luckily I got the least of this one so it’s all good. I’ll smoke it anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Chupa 5. Lemon/lime a touch of tires or something.

13 Likes

Chupa 6. Similar to 5. Lemon lime bit of sweet orange. No tires.

14 Likes

Chupa 7. Very similar smell to 1 but maybe a tiny bit more lemon.

13 Likes

Last but not least chupa 8. I like the look of this one. Stale lemon/tangy lemon/sweet lemonade with a slight cat piss background.

13 Likes

That’s it for this grow. These have been curing for a couple weeks at least. I got really lazy with the trimming after awhile and just let some of them sit for ages. I still have some untrimmed but I’m gonna follow @ReikoX 's advice and just use the rest to make some more bubble hash :stuck_out_tongue: It will be less work.

I ended up getting around 5 lb of trimmed and cured buds. 1.1lb or so of moldy ass massive buds and maybe a lb or so left of scraggly/small buds that would be too much of a pain in the ass to trim going to the hash pile.

Respectable yield but definitely could be more. I’m happy that this grow still ended up being better than the last but always room for improvement.

Thanks @santero for the fun seeds as always. I’ll be doing a full room of more of your gear soon enough :stuck_out_tongue: I’m gonna do the mac x gdp, meridian haze, amnesia x alchemy and tahoe x sour d for my next seed pop. Although I still have some of those tk hybrid plants still in veg that are massive right now. I’ve been thinking about cloning them if I can and doing a whole run with just them.

Before I start my next grow I need to clean the fuck outta my grow area.
I need to fix 2 lights (one driver, one burnt/melted out 8 pin wago), Get more nutrients, more pro mix, if I’m lucky get a dxb mini to help keep things cleaner.

I want to try and make a copy of the morr nutrients flowering formula by mixing salts. I found a store (plant prod) 2 hours from me in Quebec that sells salts for very cheap that I want to check out at some point. I still have one more bag of jacks but I want to try something else for flowering.

Need mkp, mag sulfate and calcium nitrate to hopefully diy the stuff (cal nitrate would be part 2) would actually be cheaper than buying the Jack’s too. I was buying it from a store owned by a member here (garden tech) but they recently closed the store down I need to figure something else out for nutes now and Jack’s everywhere else is much more expensive than I was paying so trying to DIY route next time.

10 Likes

I agree, those nugs in the first round of pics look especially impressive. I also really like the way the first set of pics of the Choco Trip x Lemon Thai look, with that ever-so-slightly bit of foxtailing going on. I’d smoke that shit haha.

You can definitely see some pretty obvious nanners on some of those flowers, though. Maybe you pushed them too hard, @neogitus? I’ve read that those sorta “Sativa”-dominant crosses really like a kind of “less is more” approach. Might be why some of them developed male parts. I dunno. I really don’t know anything about hydro growing, just spitballing haha.

How’s the high on the Choco Trip x Lemon Thai? I have some of Doc’s Chocolate Blitz seeds, the Choco Trip/A5Thai hybrid. I wanna grow them here pretty soon, but I also wanna grow a lot of the other stuff I have, too haha…

5 Likes

Yeah likely pushing too hard or not providing conditions that are very comfortable :stuck_out_tongue: Some sativa leaners/ chem hybrids can be susceptible to it I’ve heard but honestly I’m still not the greatest grower atm so I’m sure I’m hurting em’ somehow because I get some pretty much every grow.

During flower I use a pump system to feed the plants from a res so some probably can handle what I’m feeding more than others but unfortunately they have to get the same thing. I’m def gonna go a bit less heavy handed on both the light levels and the nutes next time though. I had my lights maxed out, produced a lot of heat and didn’t seem to increase the yield so no point with all that extra heat. Probably need co2 for the levels I was trying to run (1000-1200ppfd or so at canopy). Just a waste of electricity :stuck_out_tongue:

I really like the choc trip lemon thai so far. Sometimes it’s the “uglier” plants that seem to smack you in the face and this one is kinda like that for me. I haven’t been able to smoke all of them too much just yet but preliminary smoking it gets me surprisingly high.

6 Likes

Looks like you’re doing what I do sometimes… over watering

3 Likes

Those buds look great though !!

2 Likes

Some random pinner cherry pics.

@Terpsnpurps Thanks. Probably. Although the pots are tiny af (like 1 gal) so could just as easily be under watering/ salt buildup :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m in like 1 gal in pro mix HP peat moss (lots of perlite). I have my eye on a teros 12 moisture meter for awhile now I’m curious to see how bad I am hurting them with my current system. Some data would be nice but it’s pretty pricey at $585 cad. I’d love to see how much the EC builds up over time to be able to water em at the right time and not over/ under do it sometimes/all the time.

13 Likes

Yeah for sure man… I am hitting similar issues right now… not up potting fast enough… checked runoff via suggestion from @ShiskaberrySavior and bam… there it was…ph swung low down to 5.2 the root of problem… for me I think over watering caused it… but possibly not up potting quick enough as well

4 Likes

Dude, almost ALWAYS it’s the “unimpressive” nugs that I like the best. Those crystal-covered “looks great on IG!” flowers are almost always lackluster in the high department. I fucking LOVE the four Bandaid Hazes I grew last round (and everything else from last round, too). The flowers look good, but definitely not something most people would “ooh and ahh” over. The way they smoke, though… Amazing.

I’ve really almost kinda gotten to the point where I’m like,”Get that trichome-laden shit outta here! I wanna smoke the schwaggy-looking weed!” haha…

Anyway, you’ll figure it out. Keep working at it. And 5.5 pounds isn’t anything to sniffle at haha. Jesus… I usually only get about two pounds max every grow.

9 Likes

Going to have to agree with minitiger

1 Like