Neo's Sad Grow Log

I normally put up a trellis but this one is really late lol. I ran out of the zip ties I use to put them up so it’s gonna be a headache getting this one on (like usual, I’m stubborn lol). I’m gonna order some tonight. Might not come for a few days.

I prob wont be mixing custom ferts till next run. Wanted to test this 5-12-27 mix stuff to try it out on a run start to finish. So far it seems to be alright. Not bad for like 87 bucks for 15kg. So far I haven’t seen insoluble glass looking stuff on the bottom of my res like I have with jacks. I still need to get my 0.01 scale for the micros too. I’ll prob try the custom mix on a tent for next run to test it out.

Right now I’m just using 5 grams per gal of the 5-12-27 stuff (220 grams total for my 44 gal res) and almost the same for calcium nitrate (14.5% nitrate and 0.8% ammonium 19% cal). I leave out maybe 5 grams from the 220g and replace it with 5 grams of ammonium sulfate to hopefully help counteract the lower ammonium in the calcium nitrate so my pH doesn’t shoot up high.

After stretch is done I’ll be lowering the calcium nitrate to 3g/gal and getting rid of the ammonium. Might add a bit of calcium chloride not sure.

6 Likes

I use plastic trellis netting from amazon.ca. The nylon stuff sheds tiny fibers when it’s cut and it (can) sticks to buds. Dollar stores should have zip ties, just fyi. That’s where I get’em now.

2 Likes

Oh shit I’ll have to check out the dollar store tomorrow. Those fabric trellises are so bad because the bud at a certain point is pretty much like glue and all those tiny white “feathers” stick all over it (I’ve done it before whoops lol).

I got like 300 ft roll of poly trellis awhile ago from I think indoor farmer. I found it for cheaper on this site: Hydrofarm Trellis Netting – Urban Grow Garden Supply

I haven’t used this site before but gonna order another big roll once I run out.

4 Likes

They look fantastic

1 Like

i bet the smallest are the BNP’s, right? :grin:

just like the clone, they need a LONG veg to be as tall as others in flower.
i was hoping the chocolate rain would bring in some taller structure, but it
just added the phenomenal terps :rofl: not much else … they still grow tiny.
how are they smelling, bro?

4 Likes

Haha you know it. The frosted cobra f2 were slightly smaller during veg but they had a surprising stretch. The bnps didn’t really stretch at all. Plus it didn’t help that whatever stress I gave em made 2 of the 3 females start flowering during 18/6 haha. One of the I think berry ice cream did it too. I’m def doing something wrong cuz that happened recently to my revegged limefire skunk too. I wonder why.

Not much yet other than the fruity precursor smell so far. It reminds me of the early sanfune smells atm but I can already tell it’s gonna go super berry in a few weeks :stuck_out_tongue: Can’t wait to start smelling all the bnp crosses lol.

Some pics I took where I edited in the name of what it is: I might actually try to do this for the first pic of each variety every time I take pics now lol. FFS the frosted cobra pic was too big for some reason lol. And a random pic of some cobra lips f2 i’m smoking just for the fuck of it lol

16 Likes

lookin great…as always!

4 Likes

Looking dank, man.

2 Likes

A few quick pics of 2 of the bnp and one of the berry ice cream that flowered first during veg.

14 Likes

Very healthy how’s the smell

4 Likes

Not much so far. Kinda like a frozen strawberry type smell with something tropical in the background atm. Can’t wait to see how they smell in a few weeks. I imagine these are really fast flowering based off how they look atm. Wouldn’t be surprised if they only took 7 or 8 weeks. Not much smell coming off the earlier berry ice cream just very faint fruity for now.

Oddly enough the “precursor” smell I am getting for some of the strawberry shortcake reminds me of some lime smelling sativa atm but it’s got plenty of time still. I don’t really pay too much attention to the smell till after like 5 weeks since I find a lot of things smell similar at the start and then can change wildly.

I’ll try to take some pics of all the rest of the plants tonight or tomorrow.

7 Likes

Strawberry shortcake

Berry ice cream

Snow thrower x puck bx3

Whippets (cherry pie kush s1 x ice koffee) ice koffee is ice cream cake x koffee f5.

Bnp 1.5 getting fucked by thrips. Ffs why did I have to take that black Afghani inside last summer lol. Had never had shit besides fungus gnsts before then. 2 of em started flowering in veg the other one that’s not as far along didn’t. These are gonna be fast plants at least.

Frosted cobra f2

Iceberry Gary

14 Likes

i just realized that half my head exploded, while reading the lineage, lol.

:exploding_head:

7 Likes

Everything here looks amazing, I’ll be around for the show.

4 Likes

Around week 3 since flip besides the 2 bnp and the one berry ice cream that started flowering during veg. The yellow shit where the pistils are exploding from is tripping me out looks like 1000000 bananas lol I’m gonna have nightmares.

Iceberry Gary
2 of these are in a tent upstairs and one is sharing a tray with the Berry ice cream downstairs. The 2 taller ones not much smell yet but the shorter one has a really nice strawberry smell to it so far. The taller ones I kinda damaged the tops because the light up there is so damn hot. I’m gonna turn it down a bit since I can’t raise it any higher.

Berry ice cream and a group shot of the whippets, ss, bic, and snow thrower x puck

Strawberry shortcake
These have a really nice citrus smell to em so far pretty lime heavy it seems to me.

Whippets

Snow thrower x puck bx3
Not much smell to em yet but I can tell these things are gonna be donkey dicks lol. Hopefully I don’t lose all of it to mold but wouldn’t be surprised. At least one pheno I’ve smelled reminds me of the precursor type smell to sour or some fuely kush so that’s good.

Berry nice plants 1.5 smelling like candy

Frosted cobra f2 still in the precursor smell stage but it’s in the sweet pine realm ATM but I imagine it’s gonna start smelling a lot stronger down the road. Still pretty early.

19 Likes

How do you irrigate? Ebb and flow?

2 Likes

Just through 1/4 tubing. Drain to waste. I have a 44 gal Brute as a reservoir with a pump attached to 1 inch PVC that goes around my 4 trays in the room. Each tray has a thing that has up to 12x 1/4 hose I can attach to it. Basically just flip the pump on to feed. This is only for the main room though my 2 other tents are hand water. I’m actually hand watering everything ATM. I’m looking at getting some of these emitters for next grow:

I’m not sure my bare 1/4 tubing was getting the entire media wet enough and I didn’t like the super low flow woodpecker emitters because the pump has to be on for like 30 min to a hr vs a few seconds.

6 Likes

Oh ok. Cool. I’m doing DTW too. But my reservoirs are under the “tables”, which I like and dislike for a couple reasons.

12 port manifold, with a half inch threaded input? That type of deal?

I have that on one table. Other table currently only has one big plant, using a diy drip ring on that one.

Hand watering sucks. I know, I end up doing it for way long than I want too, many times.

I’m using these on the one tray I mentioned above, coming off of three 8 port manifolds, for six plants (four stakes each). With what is probably an undersized pump - but I want it that way. It waters very slowly, evenly wetting and allowing the water to wick and soak laterally.
I do not like these stupid stakes though, with their “adjustable” tops, with absolutely no way to adjust with any certainty of anything. I’ve have them for so long and just needed drip stakes and didn’t have enough of the basic ones, so used these multi drip ones for the sake of using them.

I’d like to go individual ebb flow. Just can’t think of a good design.

3 Likes

Yeah 12 port manifold. I couldn’t think of the name. I know next to nothing about irrigation haha. I just want something that has a stake of some sort that will wet the whole container in seconds instead of taking forever (even though not ideal because of possible channeling). After using open tubes for awhile with those little holders to keep them in place (huge pain in the ass ) I need something that’s easier to setup. I would feed my stuff in a pump on for a few seconds then off then on again multiple times until I get the runoff I want.

My original irrigation thing was one of those hydrolock irrigation things with the cones over the pots with 2 sprayers. I kinda liked that but those cone things were too big for the pot size I wanna use so I ditched em for the open hose. They have smaller ones now but not gonna spend then money to get a bunch more and ship from the states. There’s so many options I have a hard time finding what I even want / need lol. A stake that sprays downward would be cool if it did the whole grow bag. I might have to give these antelco ones a try unless it doesn’t cover a pot very well. My system is high pressure so I hope so lol. I’m only in 2 gal grow bags and they’re not very wide.

4 Likes

One example of a spray stake (irrigationdirect.ca):

I think these require a high pressure pump, not a typical submersible “aquarium” pump. Like this:
https://www.amazon.ca/ECO-WORTHY-Water-Diaphragm-Pressure-45PSI/dp/B0BWMLB4VL/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2NBJQH1VXVA7Y&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.yKsdmrOv2mdpfAFRISORYdmz9A_bF-HQgXoir7W8Tab2CTRsWrFEoWXJo0YBEm8KCr1jSzO0ReoiJjTh2ohW7V2bsWIMfwz2ALzV3CjVHK752eIXP2eSTPGOajoK1iuky-WiGo51c1Y3d0jQLCbaRyGzKQYSLEUWl6GMv1IBjSJpqUcw27VB0GxMRSvVzu2g8nXkcxHcdeJAS57wBF0PnSx2jC837tPTQCd50trMAlRNV0hbgqB8NRtvNOnHA3PkSprfauqgOX9YjJ73jiQC0jbeGOLKdXGmjLgWcLW9W-0.LHh1BlB0CYD23oC8_d7OMVTy2quP1HNS7DmDdhAxi7w&dib_tag=se&sprefix=rv+12v+pump%2Caps%2C156&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

That one is 12V. I have similar to it, I got it for using pressure compensating drip emitters and still haven’t went through with it. I’d need another thing or two I think.

One more edit: @Tripl3fastaction is/was using one in his setup before. And I know what @Midnightsun72 also used them for his irrigation. I bet you know this already? You mentioned those hydrolok things, which greengenesgarden used, and he also used a diaphragm pump to run his system then. A “Seaflow” 120V I think.

7 Likes