Nepal x Deimos Selection Project

One autoflower confirmed male under 18/6 lighting. He’s only been showing for a day or two so let’s keep our fingers crossed a female autoflowers alongside him.

3 Likes

Here’s to an auto couple :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah cool to hear some good news, i hope they are all doing ok for you health wise
would love to see some pix when they are a bit further along in flower and when you get a chance obviously :om_symbol:

Only one autoflower of the bunch, so I’m officially a dead end.

had a temporary over-watering problem with this girl.

Gunna collect some pollen and make another bath of semi-autos with a photo fem so we can try again.

Good luck comrades, hope you have better luck with your mendelian ratios. I’ll update again when the photos start preflowering

3 Likes

The next generation should get closer to 100% auto then shouldn’t it? I’m hoping I get an auto couple :sunglasses: fingers crossed. You should freeze some of that auto pollen just in case one of us gets the female.

Thanks for putting up the pics and playing.
they dont look super happy, I wonder if they prefer to be outdoors
That male looks a bit weak doesnt he, I hope thats being indoors and not the genetics…I did leave 2 males,hope one has something

Please keep us updated on the fast version and photoperiod plants
:om_symbol:

1 Like

@gordongecko I have no evidence to support any disparagement of the genetics themselves, it was completely my fault they were unhappy. Was super broke after christmas so the soil wasn’t properly amended and it affected them more than I would like to admit. They’re doing good now though.
Still no sex showing on the photoperiods yet. These two are; The best looking plant, and the worst looking plant, respectively.

They’re all in identical soil, at an identical distance from the light, and fed identical amounts of water and nutrients each time.

The brown spots are a sensitivity to my IPM, best guess is the clove oil. She’s also the girl who was most affected by overwatering early on, which you can still see in that bottom leaf.

1 Like

Nice to see some more pics, they are looking pretty good now
Didnt mean to come across so negative last message, Im sorry (I just re-read it)
It was not meant as a dig/snide at you, you’re doing good with em!
More worried about giving out crap seeds, still, crossing is mostly chance anyway, isnt it?

They’re giving me hope that something could come from them, I was kind of thinking before it was not a good pollen chuck. A bad pairing if you will but looking to be happier and healthier here.

Really hope you get to experience the smells etc that I got last year, only got them to about 5 weeks of flower, so really want to see them finish indoors…

Any smells yet? I got some blue lotus flower oil and it reminded me of this variety during mid flower.

It would be great for me (maybe not for you) if you could start them on say 14on/10off flower regime to bring out the fast photos before the regs.
then like could be pollinated with like, if you see what I mean,anyway whatever suits you.
Thanks for playing
:om_symbol:

Edit to add: just looked at pics in first post and you can see exact same issues in those so it looks to be genetic

2 Likes

Put a couple clones in rapid rooter cubes, :pray: :vulcan: Fingers. Are. Crossed! :sweat_smile: If they take, the plan is to make a batch of S1s

5 Likes

Gettin frosty at week 3 flower.

2 Likes

1 Like

Which do you guys prefer? [poll]

4 Likes

Wow are these the same plants?
They look awesome, honestly didnt think theyd take to indoors that well
frosty enough too (especially the blue pic)
What sort of smells you getting? please try and describe would love to know!
flowery? perfume? or just generic

Is this a “fast” photo or “normal” photo? they are 4-5weeks flower right?
good job
I really hope you enjoy this plant.

3 Likes

@gordongecko Yeah, I’ve only been posting pictures of this one as she was the only one who started flowering under 14 hours of light. The two pictures areidentical as I could get, but the blue picture is with the 5000k lights only. She’s carrying seeds with mixed male autoflower pollen from reiko and mr sparkle.
Super sweet floral fragrance, will try to get better notes next time she’s in front of me. Five weeks flower sounds right, I’m thinking harvest somewhere between May 14 and 21.

Not to count my chickens before they hatch but her two clones should be rooted by now and got em on 20/4.

3 Likes

So its late but Im getting started for this season been busy as.
Wet some seeds

Will dig the plot and scatter the seeds into the soil this year

3 Likes

So how did they compare, the Orange & the Blue? :thinking: :smoking:

O-runj, o-runj!

:smile:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

These are very slow to germinate not a great sign :cry:
Only just starting to show white on the first couple yesterday

1 Like

Smoke Report: Nepal x Deimos (fast-photo F2)

Description; Golf Ball nuggets of a Gold and Olivine sorta colour. There’s some piney, citrusy notes and a smokey-sorta-sweet odor, like a jar full of Chili Peppers and Rosemary. Then when the buds are cracked Lilacs come out of nowhere.

Apparatus; Water Bong, “Seasoned” so to speak
Set and Setting; On the stairs out back in the Sun, amongst the white noise of nature. White Pines and Red Oaks are currently raining discarded bud scales and catkins, and the pollen could almost pass for snow flurries. No caterpillars, which is nice. Writing this first pen and paper because typing on a phone is wack, and didn’t want that negativity to affect the outcome! :thumbsup:

The first puff is smooooooooooth. Kinda spicy, with a lotta mouthfeel.
Second puff, the flowers come back and muscles loosen up. Super relaxing, after-workout or all-day fishing type of weed.
Third puff and then fourth just to finish the bowl… Forgot to amalyze the experience, and typoed the word analyze. :joy:

The rest of the gram sat broken up, between two sheets of paper for probably a half hour while I typed this. The first puff off this second bowl was much more on the smooth and creamy side. The citrus-type aromas had evaporated with an herby note left beind. Kinda Lilac, but a little more like Thai Basil with that little Aniseed twang, if that makes any sense. :joy:

4 Likes

This sounds nice, thanks for the report.
Sounds like she might be showing some Deimos this round.
was this cured for a while I guess?
What was yield like?
Worth growing?

For your next experiment if you have enough and fancy it :blush:
try smoking a buttload of it :evergreen_tree:
the experience is supposed to be totally different

1 Like

Totally worth growing. This girl was completely columnar and would have yielded buckets in a SOG. It was chopped somewhere between 4/20 and 5/1 so about a month cure.

1 Like