Never trust a return address, most will be bogus

Hey all, just wanted to through this out there. I have had a few people mention they were keeping my return address to send me stuff only to have me inform them that the return address is a fake. This got me to thinking, how many others have sent stuff to that address not realizing it’s not any good? I have to wonder how many seeds they have received at the gas station where I took that return address from :thinking: In the end I just want to warn folks, don’t consider a return address valid unless you confirm it with the sender as I am sure you will find many if not most are fake. Have a great day all.

41 Likes

Mines fake so don’t be sending me stuff from the return address on the envelope .

8 Likes

Lol, if any of y’all send anything to ole BK or BC you should find a dunce cap :rofl:

Edit: sounds mean…it’s not :slightly_smiling_face:. Will make sense if you’ve received anything from me.

6 Likes

Yeah, I dont actually live on High street…

But I make that point clear in any trades I have done.

8 Likes

I have sent a few seeds to return addresses :sweat_smile: I hope whoever ended up with them liked them :joy:

10 Likes

Am I an idiot for using my real return address?

According to all laws we’re not doing anything illegal so I never felt the need to hide my address, am I making a mistake?

Edit; I have had 2 envelopes returned to my house by the postal service for whatever reason and only because my return address was real, so there’s that

18 Likes

I actually lived at 420 high st. When I was a kid and my parents nickname for me was bud. Lol I was destined to be a stoner. Lol

Have a great day I use a fake address as well

21 Likes

The limited number of times over the years I have traded cuts with growers mainly on other sites in the past, I always PM a real world mailing address which still isnt mine but a friend who doesn’t grow but gets gifted. And I always inform others that my return addy on a package is absolute fake. Yes you can see the post mark and city but thats not going to get you far with a fake name on return addy as well.

3 Likes

I use a real return address; it’s not mine, or anyone who’s growing though, that seems a little unwise. Same with the address I have them sent to. It’s not worth getting a PO Box, my main security concern is law enforcement and a PO Box is no protection there. There’s probably not much of a return in it for the folks on here to go out robbing random houses, especially given that most live hundreds of miles away from the area.

That being said, for someone like @DougDawson doing large-scale giveaways, it’s kind of a no-brainer to use a throwaway return address. :stuck_out_tongue: Definitely better to check first before assuming.

3 Likes

My return address to send to is an abandoned house. And no I don’t use my real name.
So don’t send to it.

4 Likes

There’s a high street around the corner from me. Been wanting to steal that sign for decades (I’ll admit it!). Problem is… Everytime they replace it, its stolen again within days, and then months go by without it.

4 Likes

My return address is real (PO Box) feel free to send me stickers. :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

17 Likes

My stuff is mostly CBD. The neighborhood kids avoid my place, no fun here. :grin:

I should use my next door neighbor’s address. They were not too keen about the smell of my plants one morning. Slammed the window shut. But that was before I finished my exhaust. I am sure they would appreciate a few seeds.

6 Likes

I was lucky enough to acquire a 420 ave sign. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Just a little tip , if your using a fake address and are turning it in at the desk to pay postage they run the Info for the return addy. If it’s not real or the name dosent match the current resident of that address they will often flag your item for inspection.
Even if cannabis was made completely legal there are strict rules about mailing seeds or plants. They have to have a sticker saying they passed agricultural inspection , if they don’t they can be thrown away based on that alone. This is very common when ordering exotic plant seeds off Etsy and the sender dosent file the phytosanitary forms required. They don’t want any weird bugs or plant pathogens migrating around faster then they already are.
Also using peoples online name for the receiver is something I have seen that should not be done. Some of our online names are very unique and if you google them it will often take you right to this site and show you what is being discussed. I’ve had at least three different people send me stuff this way and it blows my mind this has to be said.

20 Likes

really good info to know @Heritagefarms!!

and good thing the return address i use is a real Buddhist Temple, and no i dont live there so pleas dont send stuff there!

very valid to confirm the addy ur sending to if its a return addy! thnx @DougDawson

2 Likes

123 Fake St.

I saw Grass Ave for real the other day.

3 Likes

Never use a real return address rule # 1

2 Likes

well, we can use @Slick1 's address now… since he’s been flagged for a body cavity search…

7 Likes

When I mail stuff out I don’t even put a return address on the letter. To/

3 Likes