New Beans New Babies

Finally after an up pot the Lucky Charms are starting to hit their stride.

In the back we have 4 Master Kush bag seed Reportedly these have all been fems

12 Likes

Oh no we got boyz!

8 Likes

So that was unexpected…the Master Kush bagseed are ‘fatherless children’ hmmmm interesting sadly only one is a female and she is the largest one so far…

That clone is having hormonal issues BD1xCQ from @lefthandseeds

Now upfront we have the two F1 girls. New stuff that. It’s a cross between a SL BX x GojiQM male and a Sour Bubble female. There were 2 Sour Bubble females and I have about 30+ viable seeds from them.

14 Likes

Sour Bubble crosses

Unknown x Master Kush

13 Likes

So the two SLBXxSB crosses are at about 28 days now and we can see a bit of what they will look like. I trained these in an imitation of SOG style We will see what we get for colas

The leaves of these were always wide with one pheno fleshier/thicker and one with papery leaves. Both were a bit low on the stretch.

Lucky Charms is a little bit behind the others. By a week at least.

Unknown x Master Kush is stretchy and the pistils are short and green. The leaves did not take well to sulfur dusting.

BDxCQ by @lefthandseeds this clone is about a week ahead of plants from seed and so looks to be about 5 weeks along

14 Likes

The Unknown x Master Kush is at about 7 weeks now…looks as though it got crossed to a sativa …no where near finished afaict. Very frosty tho

@lefthandseeds BD1xCQ #5 has been in 12/12 since the first week of August so gonna say it and the two Bubble crosses are at 6 weeks now.

(SL BX x GojiQM) x Sour Bubble

The laggards are catching up and I topped one of them a couple weeks back and have shoved them in to flower now. So most of these are Lucky Charms fems. @MomOnTheRun

17 Likes

Sometimes I see something and have to try and capture it…for all that there is a leaf or two that looks bad I had to take this one.

12 Likes

Getting nice and frosty there!

3 Likes

They’re looking great, the bd cherry queen looks especially tasty. Sulfur is weird I sprayed my veg plants with it weekly a few times with no issues then they all started deforming seemingly out of nowhere…I guess there’s a threshold

2 Likes

Perhaps both flowering stage and leaf structure matter. It seems the heavy, fleshy leaves did well while the papery and narrow ones not so much …and much more affected after it starts throwing pistils for real

3 Likes

3 days ago

Today

these are just an exploration to see what might be in there…I have probably 40-50 of these seeds. They look mostly like their Mom(s). There were 2 of them and I got a few from each so a bit of a spread since the two were of different phenos.

Intriguing about Sour Bubble is the taste. On the Moms when you exhaled there was a definitive note of sour dill. Potency was good and the affects excellent. I am interested to see what the cross will do to the flavor. The flavor was nothing like what you would expect from the fragrant melon smell they give off while in flower.

I have also some few seeds of that male crossed to SSDD, BDxCQ, Holy Punch and the Sour Bubble as well as the f2’s I probably have at least 200 of the f2 from #1 and so could trade a few of some of these if there was some interest.

8 Likes

well on the broken cola above, the leaves died. So I cut it and dried it for a sample. And it tastes fruity like it smells and no sour after note …yet. It was only 4 days drying at 62 % RH and then stripped down off the main and bagged for 2 days. Great smoke! And it looks nothing like the other one on the left above. In fact it seems to have gotten a bit taller in the last 2 weeks. I am sure it will get better as the bud has a chance to cure properly.
a10Dee x SourBubble

BD1xCQ #5
Time to take some clones.

Lucky Charms is front and center and almost finished.

9 Likes

Harvest is a nice time. Finally back to smoking my own produce. It was nice to sample some of the other strains floating about the dispos but all in all I prefer my own and not just because of the cost.

Down came the 1st Lucky Charms and drying after a wash.

The other one was topped and veged longer than the first and looks like it should yield better.
It and the two aTen-Dee x Sour Bubble

So what do we have next?

These are a10-Dee f2’s. Seedlings culled and sexed to 4 girls in the back and two not yet sorted. Will up pot the girls. Undecided about f3s probably not. Just look at the phenos and learn what is desirable then Run again later and choose I think.

These were all topped and left with 6 branches to flower

12 Likes

Jarred the SB crosses. Tasted the MK. Has that hash flavor with fruity notes. Really nice stuff and better than what was seeded lol. Will have to have a go at those soon.

The plants in veg have been going thru time change dropping 30 minutes every few days. Starting from 16/8 2 weeks ago. At 14/10 now
The 4 girls in the background 2 males to the right or up front in the lower pic

The two males are interestingly of 2 different narrow leaf phenos. the one on the left has a frillier leaf and skunk notes. The right one has a narrower leaf. Both showing double serration.

7 Likes

Up potted the two larger girls and put them in flower 2 days ago. Been washing the Lucky Charms in the tub to get rid of mite and cleaning the cabinet. The f2’s all got treated with sulfur dust dissolved in water about a week ago.

Trimmed away the lower 2 branches on the males. I notice the one with narrow leaves is throwing branches at every node. The frilly one the top node at the time the light changed has a distinct onset o branching but none on the lower nodes. All of these things are exhibiting a definite skunk odor but I wonder is it the sulfur?

The BDxCQ is about gone and most of the Master Kush. There wasn’t a lot of either since they were flowered with little veg time. The SB crosses are dried and jarred and one of the Lucky Charms. Yield from these has not been all that great compared to past grows in coco coir with Megacrop. The newer up potted two I added some supplemental basalt rock dust and worm castings to. Both from Build-a-soil

Need to up pot the last two girls soon and get them in so they are all close. Lowered the timer on the ones not in flower to 13/11

Planning on running the a10d x BD/CQ next.

7 Likes

Checked the males versus the clone from the original sprouts and the male on the right looks exactly like the Mom plant. I am more convinced each day that the pheno of choice will dominate from the crossing :slight_smile: I went back and looked at the females and they mostly favor the Mom. The fluffy leaf version leans to a different branch/bud structure … another week and I may decide to actually keep pollen from both of these guys.

3 Likes

So these first two are the males and the surviving clone from the Mom side by side we can see the similarities and the differences (if any)

(

Males on the left.

The clone was up potted too.

And the f2 girls. Lucky Charms on the left bottom pic

7 Likes

So everybody is in 3 gallon pots and all have been in 12/12 for at least 3 days…mind they did get the time lowered on them little by little. These are 10-D f2’s (no matter what the white pot has on it)

Number 1

number 2

those went in first and were up potted a couple days ahead of the others maybe 4 days. Then number 3

and number 4

7 Likes

So let’s talk some flavors-

@lefthandseeds BD/CQ made it’s usual huge nugs and was soon a memory …perhaps a dream The next one I run will have more time and I expect more from it. I am sure it will not disappoint. :slight_smile:

The two phenos of the 10DxSB crosses were both less sour and more fruity than their moms …the number 1 pheno had a nice shiny crystal ring that traveled the joint while burning and is worth a hunt in the future. Melon smellin’ The second not quite as flavorful nor as shiny. More an SB leaner. Plenty of couch lock.

The surprise of the bunch was the Master Kush. It impressed me so much I will be running the lot of seeds I did not give away and reproducing this line. It was very smooth and fruity. Perhaps apricots? Better by far than any MK Ultra I’ve sampled in the last few years. Running these again has a high priority.

13 Likes

What source was you master Kush from? I have some from white label, but I don’t know much about the line.

4 Likes