New Beans New Babies

I stuck it in the jar for the last one. I think this leaks a bit since I can get smell around it. I will have to work on the seal or change the jar lids once it reaches 62% as I did above.

1 Like

Nothing seemed to help these and in the end only a couple have struggled through to actually get sexed. The 2 that have shown sex are both female and since they had come that far I up potted them and changed media over to a coco base and removed most of the media around the roots. They have since improved some.

5 Likes

Nice lookin buds bro. Love the idea for the lids with hygrometers heh. Maybe seal er up with some good old NP1 that stuff dries like rubber

2 Likes

PPP @14/10 just into flowering. Will let these run like this a bit and sex some SSDD to go with them.

4 Likes

Do you notice much difference running 14/10?

How long do u run this light schedule or do you just slowly transition to 12-12 ? :slight_smile: thx

Looks great btw :+1:

2 Likes

Some plants will flower and some won’t it seems. Also they don’t seem to finish under that light schedule. I have read that sativas are not schedule but time dependent so for them might be better. Some have speculated that 12/12 causes herms in some plants that do not natively ever see daylight hours that short.

Just exploring affects for now not drawing many conclusions.

3 Likes

PPP finally coming on and have been blessed with some of @DougDawson 's pollen. Which I have applied. It seems successfully so. I have been so enthused I even numbered them. :eyes:

Number 1 since it is the furthest along, perhaps a week ahead of the sister.

Number 2 got a few seed pods fertilised it looks like too. I’ll probably hit her again soon.

Just the few lowers were done on the #1, the #2 I dusted over the top of with a ‘pinch’.

4 Likes

Hey bud, just a thought. If you use say Bondic you can seal around it with non toxic plastic and that should fix the issue.

1 Like

That`s awesome bud, I found the PPP very finicky when it was starting out but thundered back with a vengeance. Glad you stuck it out, they are looking great now. Another successful pollination, that is amazing. So happy that worked out for you my friend. Also a big thanks to @lefthandseeds.

2 Likes

Thanks to you as well. Two more girls to join the gene pool.

2 Likes

Are you referring here perhaps to the leaks around the lid with the hygrometer? Might have to check that product out. Using silicone caulk at the moment. Wanted to avoid fumes.

2 Likes

Yes, to seal around the hygrometer. Stuff is great, comes out liquid and is cured by hitting it with a UV light. Was made by a dentist. No sticky residue and no dry time, just hit with UV light on back of applicator. Stuff works great for all sorts of things.

2 Likes

@DougDawson worked a champ. Thanks! :+1:

3 Likes

Awesome, glad it worked out for you bud

3 Likes

Had that backwards and was thinking of the OG’er that G’Paw is now running.

Got thinking about this and those seeds were set aside. The only genetics it could be would be SSDD so that one is a cross and not an intentional one. After losing the female BD/CQ pretty much down to looking for her in some of the few seeds I have left from her. Have some of Lefty’s Cherry Queen though. and some of the BD fems so…who knows.

Currently planning to pop some of the #2 seeds at some point to BX2 next year.

2 Likes

Ah for sure, just thought it was an interesting pattern I’ve definitely seen before. NL2 and White Widow both can put out a similar pattern. Gotta be coming from something in there, bubba, blue moonshine, or the appy, not sure which though ^^

Sucks you lost the BD/CQ but least you have some beans left to look through. Hopefully find something similar or better :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Who’ll take that woman with the skinny legs?

Santa delivered more awesome today. Thank you! @GrowHard

6 Likes

5 Likes

They are looking so good and frosty.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Down and dried…

Jarred and burping. Back to the Bare Necessities

4 Likes