New Beans New Babies

Harvest is a nice time. Finally back to smoking my own produce. It was nice to sample some of the other strains floating about the dispos but all in all I prefer my own and not just because of the cost.

Down came the 1st Lucky Charms and drying after a wash.

The other one was topped and veged longer than the first and looks like it should yield better.
It and the two aTen-Dee x Sour Bubble

So what do we have next?

These are a10-Dee f2’s. Seedlings culled and sexed to 4 girls in the back and two not yet sorted. Will up pot the girls. Undecided about f3s probably not. Just look at the phenos and learn what is desirable then Run again later and choose I think.

These were all topped and left with 6 branches to flower

12 Likes

Jarred the SB crosses. Tasted the MK. Has that hash flavor with fruity notes. Really nice stuff and better than what was seeded lol. Will have to have a go at those soon.

The plants in veg have been going thru time change dropping 30 minutes every few days. Starting from 16/8 2 weeks ago. At 14/10 now
The 4 girls in the background 2 males to the right or up front in the lower pic

The two males are interestingly of 2 different narrow leaf phenos. the one on the left has a frillier leaf and skunk notes. The right one has a narrower leaf. Both showing double serration.

7 Likes

Up potted the two larger girls and put them in flower 2 days ago. Been washing the Lucky Charms in the tub to get rid of mite and cleaning the cabinet. The f2’s all got treated with sulfur dust dissolved in water about a week ago.

Trimmed away the lower 2 branches on the males. I notice the one with narrow leaves is throwing branches at every node. The frilly one the top node at the time the light changed has a distinct onset o branching but none on the lower nodes. All of these things are exhibiting a definite skunk odor but I wonder is it the sulfur?

The BDxCQ is about gone and most of the Master Kush. There wasn’t a lot of either since they were flowered with little veg time. The SB crosses are dried and jarred and one of the Lucky Charms. Yield from these has not been all that great compared to past grows in coco coir with Megacrop. The newer up potted two I added some supplemental basalt rock dust and worm castings to. Both from Build-a-soil

Need to up pot the last two girls soon and get them in so they are all close. Lowered the timer on the ones not in flower to 13/11

Planning on running the a10d x BD/CQ next.

7 Likes

Checked the males versus the clone from the original sprouts and the male on the right looks exactly like the Mom plant. I am more convinced each day that the pheno of choice will dominate from the crossing :slight_smile: I went back and looked at the females and they mostly favor the Mom. The fluffy leaf version leans to a different branch/bud structure … another week and I may decide to actually keep pollen from both of these guys.

3 Likes

So these first two are the males and the surviving clone from the Mom side by side we can see the similarities and the differences (if any)

(

Males on the left.

The clone was up potted too.

And the f2 girls. Lucky Charms on the left bottom pic

7 Likes

So everybody is in 3 gallon pots and all have been in 12/12 for at least 3 days…mind they did get the time lowered on them little by little. These are 10-D f2’s (no matter what the white pot has on it)

Number 1

number 2

those went in first and were up potted a couple days ahead of the others maybe 4 days. Then number 3

and number 4

7 Likes

So let’s talk some flavors-

@lefthandseeds BD/CQ made it’s usual huge nugs and was soon a memory …perhaps a dream The next one I run will have more time and I expect more from it. I am sure it will not disappoint. :slight_smile:

The two phenos of the 10DxSB crosses were both less sour and more fruity than their moms …the number 1 pheno had a nice shiny crystal ring that traveled the joint while burning and is worth a hunt in the future. Melon smellin’ The second not quite as flavorful nor as shiny. More an SB leaner. Plenty of couch lock.

The surprise of the bunch was the Master Kush. It impressed me so much I will be running the lot of seeds I did not give away and reproducing this line. It was very smooth and fruity. Perhaps apricots? Better by far than any MK Ultra I’ve sampled in the last few years. Running these again has a high priority.

13 Likes

What source was you master Kush from? I have some from white label, but I don’t know much about the line.

4 Likes

Bag seed. I bought a one ounce jar from a dispo for iirc $80. A good 60 seeds in it and gave away over half of them. I think I have about 16 or so left. More I think about it the more I say it’s mom was someone’s keeper at the least.

3 Likes

But probably not till early next year. I still plan to IX the BD1/CQ #5 and that should give you a peek at the cross and that is next.

2 Likes

Got the loupe out and checking things over…dreaded mites again. Not in numbers but present. These were all treated 2 weeks ago with sulfur dust in water. The cabinet cleaned before they went in.

All plants were hosed down with water to do a knock down. Still some this am. Did it again. This time with a larger sprayer both in the bath tub. Still present. They will have at least 6 weeks to go…dusted everything with sulfur dust and shook the plants to distribute it everywhere. Waited 20 minutes and sprayed again in the tub and left to dry. Stuck in wet at lights out but the humidity is really low and not worried about any issues inside since I dusted the cabinet while it was empty.

Will look inspect and do again if necessary.

1 Like

Took 3 clones from BD/CQ and trimmed it up to form for flowering. If I can get a clone going I will flower and seed the big one with the next seed batch.

2 Likes

Another knock down water spray last evening. This am no sign of pests. Pistils slightly yellowed from water spray. Some residue on the leaves and will water spray again just before lights out.

The Lucky Charms is in jars now. Early samples are very fruity. The flower structure nice with buds stacked well down the branch. Yield could be good with that strain I expect. After a bit more cure will try to give a fuller review.

5 Likes

Culled one of the cuttings since it was crashing and I don’t feel like the fight. 2 still going. 2 days and no mites. Sprayed everything again this morning. Real stretch going on with some of these at almost 3 weeks of 12/12 they should be done any day with that anyway.

Edit: 2 weeks :slight_smile: at least I can lower them :wink:

1 Like

Aired the BD/CQ clones yesterday and air dried the inside of the covering. Recovered. Trimmed a leaf that was touching the soil.

@lefthandseeds was thinking of a name for the f1’s it is afaik
((SL BX) x GojiQM) x (BDxCQ) so how about alphabet soup?

Sprayed a plant for possible pests in the tub. A bit vigorously toward washing them off. In the tub and leaned over. Couldn’t do this if I had a trellis but maybe with a small tomato cage. Been thinking of using those in flower to give a bit of added support to the buds.

The girls in flower I tried to repeat the chiropractics on as I had done a couple weeks back …nope don’t pop now…much more fibrous. At least there is a slight knuckle at the base of the branches. The branches look pretty sturdy and the lower half of the plants were deflowered a week ago at least.

Dropped using boxes under the biggest girls and have about 18 " so I lit the two sidelights until they get a bit closer to the lights.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Ok today is day 21 in flower for the two older ones (by 3 days- and just in 12/12 seeds dropped same day) and from now on just calling them SL BX v2
by GrowHard and these are f2’s

6 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

@lefthandseeds and @Howard.Crane should I trim those lowers at this point? I am thinking I might have better buds/yield taking some of those lowers that won’t reach the canopy…even at 4 weeks like this.

2 Likes