New Beans New Babies

I think i have that same aloe plant. The little one. My wife has been propagating it. Looks like you have two little babies on there.

3 Likes

Same…wife thinks it’s cute…it’s one she got from who knows where. it doesn/t take up a lot of room.

I got the big ones together in one pot a couple years ago. Split them in the first year…they are of respectable size now.

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds @Herbie Do either of you use aloe on clones? I have a lot of aloe. They throw tons of babies every time they are transplanted.

3 Likes

I add it to the water sometimes when watering in clones…haven’t dipped them but hear that works too. Definitely makes a difference when I remember to use it.

3 Likes

I spray mine with aloe…they love it.

3 Likes

Haworthia she says

2 Likes

cloning done for the 2 BD/CQ

The media is Espoma Seed Starter. It was really dry ...prolly last year stock. Wouldn't take water ...stirred and soaked. A wetting agent would have helped but didn't add aloe since the wife had some clonex and I dipped them.

They were taken yesterday and left very shaded and stems trimmed and soaking in pH’d water overnight. Clipped and cupped today. At the end need to press the soil to the stem…if the soil firms but springs a little…it’s perfect.

Cut a couple from the SL BX

3 Likes

Lots of reading to do still but plants are looking great amigo! Interested to see that bd/cq

1 Like

Pictures are from last night at lights on. One week of 14/10 on the BD/CQ in a bucket.
I gave pH’d water middle of the week and then fed yesterday at 600 ppm total.

Let’s talk about chlorine a bit here. I treat the water in 5 gallon buckets with a 1/3 of a Campden tablet to eliminate chlorine. Then add ArmorSi and for potassium and silica. Then add Fulvex for humic acid. Then bring the pH in line usually with apple cider vinegar. If feeding nutes they will be Megacrop v3 till it’s gone. There is 3 inches of perlite in the bottom of that bucket and the hole is 2.5 from the bottom.

I had some yellowing coming on the leaves initially and then spotting of orange on the leaves. This is something I associate with the bags and late in the flowering cycle when either slime or salt buildup seems to cause issues. I went the slime route and bought some Southern Ag General Fungicide added according to directions and it seems to have cleared things up. All of this was in the first two weeks before we even went 14/10

Group portrait.
Left- SL BX, center- 2 bd/cq clones, right- one of 2 BD fems with one in the rear.

Those two clones have never drooped, much less crashed. That BD/CQ is one of the most vigorous strains I have ever seen.

4- Blackberry Kush

SL BX clones…I may take some more branches…If i wasn’t in the middle of trying to get BD/CQ in seed on a reliable basis I would clone and run nothing but this plant. Serious as hell but I want that BD/CQ too!

So why am I doing other things? Well it’s not like I have enough to run just them (BD/CQ and SL BX)

5 Likes

Credit where credit is due that was recommended to me by @lefthandseeds…we had been discussing the chlorine and fulvic acid thing for a bit.

3 Likes

Well the 2 cuttings I took from BD/CQ …one rooted the other may yet but both have new growth indicating they likely have HLV

Been experiencing leaf drop issues for some time. The leaves are yellowing earlier in the growth period and slowing the plants production.

Last crop to come in was terrible and I re-used some soil from previous grows. Somewhere I picked this up and now will likely need to throw it all out and start over.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well come to think of it…you took the clones and they went into the dark and in water for 8 hours. Then the stems were dipped in Clone-X …that’s more than likely the cause of the twisting. It looks to be coming along just fine.

The BD/CQ definitely flowers under 14/10

I fed it again this am 600 ppm total Megacrop in filtered water adjusted to 6.0 pH till I had good runoff.

The SL BX did not seem to flower at all at 14/10…it was still ragged and I took it out and put it in light for about 24 hours…it also got a bit of sunlight. It does seem to be recovering.

Then we have two of @lefthandseeds BlackDak fems

6 Likes

7 Likes

:open_mouth: That’s a lot of baby parayzers

2 Likes

some of those are Honey rock canteloupe and tomato seeds lol 2 rows on the left are PPP and the two by the green marker to the left and right

2 Likes

BD/CQ 28 days of 14/10

A small seeded MK the male had some purple to him. Not many seeds coming but enough to try again.

7 Likes

Turned the timer down on these half an hour last Sunday. Would like for them to finish in less than 60 days since they always have done better than that at 12/12. I will continue to drop the time a half hour/ week to encourage them to finish.

Sunday it was fed (BD/CQ) with Megacrop in filtered water total of 500 ppms pH was 6.0 Have not been using the Campden tablets last 3 weeks. Just filtering adding Megacrop and the water comes out pH’d properly so applying some LITFA and KISS

So I notice the little points on the sides of the fingers are pointing straight up this am…RH 49% Temp 87 F

Are they stressed by the light and headed towards tacoing perhaps? Seems to be on all the fans a little more at the top but still present on lower fans

I added a gallon of feed last Sunday…and got good overflow…I expect a week will be too long and project to feed it 400 ppm today.

Any original upload that was at higher resolution on this site IME you can right click > view in a new tab and click on the image in the new tab to get a real nice close up.

The above pics will anyway

4 Likes

I’d say either light is too close, or you need to up the feed. Specifically magnesium. 9/10 times I’ve seen that either lowering the light intensity or increasing mag, fixed it. With the light green on the lowers, I’d think upping the total feed might just do it.

2 Likes

It’s 300 w of light in a 20" x 36" cabinet. Think it’s too bright. The new growth is pretty dark so gonna let that ride down as planned for now. I turned the dimmers down a bit and will continue to check it closely if they get any lighter I will up the ppms but trying to avoid salt buildup. Some of the feed schedules I have seen on hempy buckets were recommending a full feed then reducing by a quarter and the one water only as a cycle. I thought to do it 100 ppms at a time dropping.

2 Likes