New Grow Reboot- newb2.0 doing newb things

Those pictures under the blurple look terrible, apologies y’all. And man does my foot look funky for some reason!

5 Likes

Nice grow quick question what kind of light are you useing and how much wattage is it i have 2 1000watt led grow lights by mars hydro i like them but i think im going to get the 2000watt led for my bud room.

1 Like

I have that viparspectra in veg that I use once the seedlings get up potted into 1 gal pots. I think its the 600w model but actually draws ~200 watts? Works great for veg.

Otherwise I’m sunning solstrips from @Baudelaire. I have 2 strips that I use for new seeds & clones, then in flower ive got 9 strips- pulling something like 400 watts max from 2 different drivers that are separately dimmable. So those flower pics are under the 9 strips, in about 3x5 space, and less than 400 watts of actual power. I actually think some of that discoloration on the blue snow is from the light being too intense- I could probably stand to keep the plants slightly shorter or raise the light another 6 inches or so.

1 Like

Ok thank you for the info i really like how solid your buds look nice job defiantly going to injoy the show happy growing

1 Like

Getting close. Blue snow- front plant at 9 weeks, the one behind it is 8 weeks. I took it at 10 weeks last time, we’ll see about this one based on trichomes and appearance. I may take it a little later just for a heavier type high. Most of this will probably get turned into medicine for a couple folks who need it so I’m thinking having it kind of further along will be better than early.

A couple upskirt shots for fun

Close up bud shots of blue snow

Bonus G99 shot. At about 5 weeks

Just an observation- very little fade occurring in the 20 gal pot. That’s re-used, re-amended soil that will go no-till my next run (need to start w a smaller plant going into the 20 gal. It shaded out my cover crop bc it was too big) Same w the smaller 7 gal plant in the back. But it seems to have the right amount of fade for being at 8 weeks. I know I read somewhere on here some of the living soil guys keep feesing soil all the way up til the end and they dont expect much fade. I’m so dering if/how that affects smell/taste during and after a cure?

And at some point both blue snows got burnt tips, not sure whats up there- barely too close to the light? I’m not using anything synthetic and my organics are pretty light so not sure how I scorched the leaf tips…

14 Likes

Tomorrow is 10 weeks, will probably go 10.5-11. I think I took the blue snow right at 10 weeks last time and felt she couldve went longer.

15 Likes

Posted these in the “ready to harvest”? Thread. Figured they belonged here as part of my grow log. Im thinking I’ll give it 3 more days, if not at least a week. I’m looking to make sure these are a bit amber when cut.

14 Likes

That’s a lot of nice tops, great work. Yeah, i’d say another week by the number of white pistils, but just a guess.
Are you using a loupe to view heads?

2 Likes

Thanks! No screen, just tied down and supercropped to get it flat. But now without support theyve flopped everywhere! And that pic is tough to make out- there are big tops that are sagging low under the weight and dont even show up on the pic. This 1 plant should yield pretty nicely for me.

Yes im using a loupe. Id say theyre mostly cloudy (didnt bother checking this morning). Only ambers are on the tops, on the leaves. And the trikes on the tops are different than the buds a that get a little protection from the light. In the future I may need to do an experiement on optimal height bc sometimes my tops seem like theyre getting blasted. Anyways- tangent I know. I dont think ive overloaded the space w light, I actually think more would be ok.

6 Likes

Blue snow? See these from Bohdi (blueberry X Snow Lotus) very good looking flowers I really need a blue strain back in my life. I’ve got blue Tara flowering right now and really looking forward to trying the smoke but I need an old school blueberry back in my life.

5 Likes

@GrowHard cross from his “unknown mother” crosses. It’s Blue OG x snow lotus.

I got sick of typing it out every time so shortened it to blue snow for ease of use.

8 Likes

Dem some groadie toes man.

Blue snow …looks frosty. Nice looking harvest.

3 Likes

I guess I missed posting on the harvest date- last Thursday September 3rd. That girl went 74 days.

The 7 gal blue snow in the back is coming down tonight- it’s at 73 days.

My 20 gal pot with one of @Tappy JOTI crosses and a @Mongobongo PAC x RMH already took the place of the 20 gal blue snow chopped on the 3rd. Both are big and smell great already even before theyve been flowering.

With the 7 gal being harvested, ive got some room now freed up. If ive got time tonight, I’m planning on rearranging the room to get the 20 gal in the back and make the smaller pots more accessible for watering. Ive got @OleReynard AK47 and more PAC x RMH going in next. After all these are thru, I’ll be deep into the spirit train project and that will be all I have going for a while after that.

I’ll post some pics tonight if I can get the rearranging done. Flowering room also needs a good clean up, too much shit to do, too little time. This grow hobby I’d gladly spend a lot more time on but this Damn full time job ive got that pays the bills keeps getting in the way :joy:

14 Likes

Right on, man!! Please do post pics when you can! Excited to see your Motz AK…was hooked up with a few of his seeds recently!

Here’s my Afghani x blue lights, 12/12 from seed, 1 gallon, soil…maybe 2 or 3 weeks from harvest. Smells like straight skunky blueberry.

12 Likes

Looks delicious! Man if you got that 12/12 from seed, the one I have going now will be a monster! Pics tonight w lights on!

4 Likes

@Tappy
2 plants in this pic, your cross in the back. They’ve only been in flower since the 4th.

These are the afghani x blue lights

@Mongobongo
PAC x RMH

PAC x RMH in front, afghani x bluelights in back

13 Likes

Nice, bro!!! Wow!!! You’ve been vegging longer than I’ve been flowering!!! Ugh, I hope that turns our awesome for you!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

3 Likes

@OleReynard how’s your AK w nutes? The one I have in veg right now is getting the same as the PAC x RMH, the AK starting to look a little deficient whereas the others aren’t. Is it a heavy feeder or maybe sensitive to feedings, ph, etc?

5 Likes

How are you popping them??

Straight into soil. The AK is at least 8 weeks old now, probably close to 18 inches tall in a 1 gal, so dont think it has anything to do w how they were germed.

My point is it got the same fert schedule and soil as 2 others next to it that were started at the same time. They arent showing any deficiencies or sensitivity, thats why I was asking for his first hand knowledge of the strain.

4 Likes