New year, new system. (2x4x5ft tent, 4x10l pots, internal reservoir)

Not in a car but maybe baby :kissing_heart: :joy: might have had a system you could hear from half a mile away at some point

2 Likes

:It puts the lotion in the basked or else it gets the hose again .

:laughing:

2 Likes

Got the majority of the system plumbed in. Just need to wire the float switch inline with the feed pump to break the circuit when the pots are full. Then itā€™s test run time. Used some 40mm waste pipe holders to keep the control bucket in situ and both totes from pulling apart and pissing water everywhere. Solenoid valve is wired to a 12v driver and insulated best I could with insulation tape and Heatshrink. And that goes to a sonoff basic.

The pump is on the sonoff th16 which will also monitor the res temps :sunglasses:

The rest of the tent will be controlled with a 4ch pro r2 and possibly another TH16 for temps and humidity. Probably using scenes to switch stuff in the 4ch pro r2 as necessary.

10 Likes

Right on! I love the use of the TH-16 to monitor the res temps. Iā€™m pretty sure I have the submersible probe somewhereā€¦

1 Like

I think weā€™re all wired in now. Iā€™ve got the hose in the res filling up now. Can see where will need PTFE tape after that :joy:

1 Like

Float switch did itā€™s job perfect. Flood went swimmingly. (Literally after a while but we will get to that. Right about nowā€¦ i forgot to put a seal on the control bucket feed in gland. So thereā€™s a slight trickle from there. No problem. Flood will be done in a few minutes. ā€¦ probably lost half a litre. Can deal with that. Turn off pump. And kick on solenoid valve. Does nothing. Even with all hose below the buckets line. Absolutely nothing. So now that trickle is turning into a much bigger flood and thereā€™s nothing I can do but wait patiently and watch :joy::joy::joy: as the bottom of my tent fills with around 40l of water. Think a 12v inline pump (maybe car fuel pump) literally with the hose cut and that wedged between would give the pressure needed to pull the water and start a siphon.

Summary: I see the finish line but FUCK sake :expressionless:

Went and smoked a doob. Most the water has gone back in the res? Iā€™m confused now. Should probably try again not high

7 Likes

40mm end cap in the far side bucket so can check pH, PPM and drop nutes in the hole. Gotta be pulled through the other side before it reaches the pump so should go a good way to helping mix before it does in the actual pots. I think that makes sense. Hot and spicy Chicken wings and bed for me

6 Likes

Youā€™re gonna need a bigger boat :fish:

5 Likes

I called the RNLI they drafted in the big boys. And they watched me bailing out water with a plastic cupā€¦just watched :joy: I have a few hours to play today whilst small one is in nursery so hopefully I can get the seal on and try again. At least if it doesnā€™t drain then it shouldnā€™t flood

Most of it did go to the res again afterwards btw. But I wasnā€™t watching to know from which direction

4 Likes

Toilet brush control cracked. Leaked and all kinds of shit. So I went and bought a square bin. Glands to flat = better seals.
Not perfect though still got a few drips. Also added a pump to the control for the return. (I know I wasnā€™t going to but you get 0 flow rate without pressure on the solenoid valve gravity fed unfortunately. Using just the pump we have too fast a flow rate on the return.

Yes it did spill over the top of one half the res as it couldnā€™t get through quick enough to balance out. Yes Iā€™m gonna invest in scuba gear.

So plan of action now is hope the solenoid valve stifles the flow of the pump enough to allow the water to spread evenly in the res on the return.

Iā€™ll let you know how that goes soon enough. Probably moist

6 Likes

If your struggling to make a good seal mate give this stuff a try. I use it often at work and canā€™t recommend it enough.

Itā€™s sticks to any surface even when wet and the surface doesnā€™t need any preparation.It supposedly can be applied under water. It would likely save you having to empty the system every time a seal fails. If anything the name alone is worth while having a tube in your tool cupboard :+1:

4 Likes

Maybe you should try the K.I.S.S. method ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve used sticks like shit before but not for watertighting. Keeps a skirting board on nicely without pinning :joy: I definitely need to go over the full system and double seal. Aswell as add a second float switch for the return pump. My shed floor is pissed af now too so Iā€™m gonna use some 3x2 and cut it to 4ft to fit across the base poles. And keep the Klamtare and in turn the pots level. Stuck my IP camera in too.

Alright treacle tits calm down thatā€™s the plan :kissing_heart:

Bodged levelling system in place for the purposes of flood and drain timer testing. If it works its not stupidā€¦just saying. And the camera on the back left tent pole. You see the fantastic new Ā£3.99 bin thatā€™s gonna need blacking but fits the bill nicely otherwise.

Flood time

Drain time after connecting the solenoid valve to the AC side with 12v driver off the sonoff. Didnā€™t flood over the top due to too fast filling this time. Iā€™m happy

Float switch for return will be wired inline to the pumps negative wire so to not disrupt the valves functioning

5 Likes

Yeah itā€™s a silicone as well as a grab adhesive mate. Works excellent for both applicationsā€¦ Iā€™m tempted to try and use it under water at some point just for the sake of it to see what happens as thatā€™s how my brain works :rofl:

5 Likes

A remember in your younger years you couldnā€™t get enough of the old Evostick.

Hereā€™s an old pic to refresh your memory.

3 Likes

:laughing: ahhhhh the good old days :v:
@Ghandisflipflop we both have a past we are not proud of. You seem to forget about your own solvent abuse mate.

5 Likes

Same person. With 2 alter egos :joy:
You need to start your own secret forum and seed lines asap

5 Likes