Nex420’s Outdoor Adventure

Beautiful pictures! You have a great eye. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Billy, nature is the true beauty; I’m just the observer :wink:

Here’s another Cannarado Bday Funk in earlier bloom. It’s been wet as you can see lol got a coool looking mushroom pop up. Different then the usual suspects

4 Likes

I wonder what kind of shroom that is? :thinking:

1 Like

Same. I told myself when I retire I’ll become a mycologist to help myself ID these. Maybe I’ll get lucky and stumble across some free magic mushies LOL

Here are some pics of some GTH#1xSTR seedlings & a handful of flowering Coastal Panama Red x Ace Panama Red work my buddy did.
Actually the 2 side by side are the GTHs & the 4 in 1 cup are my buddies Super Northern Haze creations.

4 Likes

Hashy New Year everyone

7 Likes

Curing over a month now. Who needs humidity packs when you can just use a hygrometer and the buds moisture :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Just don’t leave the jar closed with humidity that high in it. I’ve gotten mold from that.

2 Likes

Good point @MidwestMover . I can see the jar is opened (probably for that reason) but it never hurts to make sure about that. Having mold develop after all the labor and love that went into that jar of goodness would be tragic.

3 Likes

Would’ve had mold by then :wink:

It’s been closed for weeks. RH is stabilized. Any higher than 71-72 % I would be a bit concerned but not with this haul.

2 Likes

I try to keep mine around 63 ± but I have an acoustic guitar humidifier cartridge that I keep in a jar beside my chair. I’ll drop my daily allotted smokage in there with that humidifier and it brings the buds up to around 70 before I smoke them. I’ve had jars stay around 67 for a while though, (I thought they had stabilized but was wrong) and they were just fine.

1 Like

Once it’s stabilized , it’s pretty easy to avoid mold. It’s when you close the lid and it’s creeping up that concerns me most times.

Since I rosin a lot of my flower I like to keep it in the 62-70 range if i can for yield purposes.

But sometimes from opening and closing the jar it’ll slowly drop to the 58-62 range after some months. That’s when I’ll usually just smoke as flower. 58 and below is the perfect flower smoke for me personally.

Also to help avoid mold I usually will cut my nugs off the stems. Cutting them up essentially into smaller nugs so that there is a reduced chance of that occurring. It’s always those dense bowling balls that are the mold kings. I usually dry those at a lower RH.

3 Likes

Well I’m sure you just got flooded with likes from me but I’m subbed up and can’t wait to keep up to date with your grows. Everything looks beautiful and your sharing some good knowledge!

2 Likes

Thanks Wubba. I was on covid layoff for 2 years but now I’m back in business so it might not be as bountiful as past pandemic harvests lol.

But I’ll post what little I have going on to continue to share with you fine OG folks, thanks for stopping by as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’ve got some great genetics going on.
Honestly one of the less known ones caught my attention. Some of my first ‘real’ grows were Papaya bagseed and I tried googling the heck out of it I never knew it was by Nirvana

2 Likes

Nirvana has some goodies IMe. I’m going to be running a Maui Waui & their Raspberry Cough probably this summer.

If I start now and get a flower in before May, it wouldn’t be a huge one so I’m gonna wait on those.

This papaya was actually a clone gifted from a relative in SD. After a few amazing runs and the terps she puts out, I had to keep her in rotation. She’s a stout bitch and doesn’t stretch much, which kinda sucks for my style of growing, but I keep her around for her citrus rank terps. Oh and she squeezes liquid gold LOL

I sent out a lot of seeds cause I make them, and still have some in case anyone is interested in something, sharing is the name of the game.

4 Likes

Mine could have been crossed being bag seed.
Under a 600W hps and a few small leds it took over almost half of my 6.5X4.5’ tent, had forearm sized colas, and did stretch pretty decent, veged about 4 weeks.

Your sungrown looks way nicer than what I did when I was learning!

3 Likes

That’s awesome. I wish mine was a stretcher. I actually just crossed the papaya with some sour Tangie pollen last year. Got one seed and that bitch is in my indoor tent probably a few weeks in veg. Hopefully she turns out a stunner, if not, life goes on lol. The outdoors gives me the space to grow so much variety it’s always nice doing something different.

Some seasons are better than others. As much as Mother Nature provides - she’s sometimes just as quick at taking. :smiley:

Been pretty busy this week so not much photos have been taken. I’ll have to get on it this week.

In the mean time, enjoy the 14g mini reef I have :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Here are some stuff from a few grows ago. The papaya is the pink haired girl. In the winter, her pink hairs weren’t very prominent.

5 Likes

Some older stuff

7 Likes

GCP is the stouter one. The papaya seed I was mentioning in the prior post looks like it got some of the Tangie stretch to her. Probably give them a few weeks or so and outside to the flower show. Maybe veg them a little longer in the 24:7 area, just have to clear space over there.

Cannarado Bday Funk is closing in on the last few weeks of flower I believe.

7 Likes