Niburan's Second Grow

PH was at 8, locking out nutrients so I was getting necrosis…leaving it alone would have killed her :wink: As far as adding too much nutes… I didn’t take into consideration it was vermicompost, and was treating it like regular soil… that… was totally my fault.

2 Likes

I did the same thing with the worm compost and have been writing about it on OG & yeah. no fun.

:evergreen_tree: super :bug: :poop: :fire:

2 Likes

Well I repotted it into a 1 gallon planter to help the soil dry faster so it won’t develop root rot. Now it’s not an all 2-liter grow, but at least a plant may have been saved lol

2 Likes

Don’t think it’s going to make it… it did not take kindly to the trauma.
The only positive thing I can think of is I can now transition back to 18/6 for the tent to get all the sprouts into a small veg cycle before flip… and oddly enough, 2 sprouts came from the 1 Cali-O x Durban seed O.o

3 Likes

Sorry but I admit to LOL here. Might wanna shove her over to the ugly plant thread.

:evergreen_tree: j/k

2 Likes

She is now pureed and feeding my worm bin :stuck_out_tongue:
But at least now, everything in the tent is on equal footing and switched to 18/6. She was in flower, so forcing everything to be in 12/12 lol.
Everything happens for a reason :wink:

4 Likes

Updated schedule from my spreadsheet:

added in @ReikoX 's Lowryder x UV#2
(Orange Durban is the Cali-O x Durban, just seemed easier to call it Orange Durban)
((Maybe name the Lowryder x UV #2 UltraLow or something, and Romulan Headband for the Yeti x Romulan))

3 Likes

Most of them popping out:

I might have to germ another K-cup on the top right, root is short and cotyledons aren’t opening at any rate of speed.
Top middle left Yeti x Romulan had a hardened cotyledon, but the first set of real leaves are growing, so they should be able to stabilize it.
Top Middle right Yeti x Romulan is doing fine.
Top right is empty, waiting for the lowryder x UV #2 to pop a root out of the seed in it’s paper towel.
Bottom left Cali-O x Durban is doing fine.
Bottom right Blue Ice is doing particularly well, it is a little older than most the rest though.

6 Likes

It’s been a while since an update, been having my hands full fighting fungus gnats and having to re-germinate seeds, still re-germinating 2 more to fill out my selection because fungus gnats keep killing them.
The ones that have survived so far are doing pretty well:

I put powdered perlite on top to help prevent feeding, and to help see the lil buggers easier… I also found this spray at Wal-Mart on clearance for like $5 that is doing extremely well for the short time I’ve used it… main ingredients are cinnamon oil, thyme oil, and peppermint oil.

5 Likes

Hrmmm. :thinking:

Gnats suck. They’re LITFA-resistant too. :wink:

I’m wondering a couple things: maybe they’re in your stored soil (bag)? maybe they’re coming in from outdoors? (i’ve had that happen for sure).

I wonder if you could make a lure or bait them away? (not 'bate them away, if that worked, i’d never have gnats :laughing:)…like create a pot full of myco-laden moist soil in a dark corner & just nuke that @#^&%$^&*. :imp:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Fungus gnats can be quite annoying. I have had good luck with Stateo-S predatory mites and nematodes. Yellow sticky traps work great to catch the adults before they breed more. If you put playground sand on top it works, but you have to put a thick (about 2") layer for it to be effective.

3 Likes

The organic spray so far is working extremely well, only like 2 flying around… pretty sure they’re coming from my vermicompost soil, I have to nuke that with spray it seems.

3 Likes

Signed up! Good vibes :om:

3 Likes

First confirmed female!!! :+1:

Blue Ice auto

10 Likes

For sure :+1: and she is proud to display it too. Looking good

2 Likes

They grow up so fast sigh

4 Likes

Made an updated new logo as well:

6 Likes

The Green Godess :herb: :princess: slashing :crossed_swords: away Death :skull:.

very cool. I wonder what an inverted version would look like… i.e. green background, black skulls… :paintbrush: :thumbsup:

Reminds me of…

:evergreen_tree: bumpin it right now… :wink:

so… green wings, black background?

it’s been so long since I’ve played with PhotoShop filters… :smile:

was thinking “flip the dark to light” or somethhing…if you wanted it on a green t-shirt or something like that.

there’s no stickers on my car, but many times have considered putting OVERGROW on the rear window. :smile:

:evergreen_tree: