Night Owl Experience with Daz: Concerns and Disheartenment

I hate being told what to do with stuff I bought and paid for. It chaffs my hide! :horse: :cow2: I’m right behind you - 9 months or so from releasing a regular Double Grape to the masses if everything goes right.

10 Likes

That seems to be where most of these conversations go when bringing up the ethics of making seeds of other people’s work.

I for one am here to Free the seeds. I find it to be absolutely bad ass when I can send beans to a new grower whom has very little or even someone established who just shares the same interest in genetics. It should be flattering (imo) for a breeder to see people working with your gear and in the end people will be back to buy more in my eyes when they’re keeping it real/positive like that with their “fan base”.

7 Likes

OMG!! We are! I mean, is it anyone who grows autoflowers in general, people who can only afford one tent? Or do you mean the full-on, don’t grow anything but autos people?

I grow everything. Autos fit in anywhere. I harvested two last year without even really acknowledging their existence much.

Nobody has to buy seeds. Yet Mephisto is selling seeds for $24 each. I just heard about the Walter White BX1. Wooden ya know it? $24 per seed.

They’re raking it in, hand over fist, but let’s face it: They’re infinitely-reproducible living seeds. They’re not worth what they’re being sold for. And that’s ok. Just remember the tulip balloon.

I think hype genetics will be made and people will keep buying them. I also don’t think people really need to, now that it’s legal. The gravy train is running out of track.

6 Likes

Just saying in general

2 Likes

Oh yeah, and in case someone says, “You can get those seeds for a lot less than $24,” that’s true. But if you want Mephisto to sell you one bean … I don’t even know how many calories that is … it’s $24. Don’t get me wrong - I respect that. It’s even worth it to me, but only if I can turn that purchase into an investment. Like to make more seeds for me and my grandkids (literally).

3 Likes

Lol. For real though, legit clarifying questions! I’m growing Urkle , an heirloom photo reg, and thats the weirdest motherfucker I’ve ever seen!

Anyway, stay weird all my autoflower peeps!

4 Likes

Oh man, that sounds awesome. :fire: You’ll have to keep us updated. I love the idea of heirloom strains.

2 Likes

Closed per OP