Noob questions

No. But it makes hand watering a challenge.

2 Likes

@Foreigner

Why did you call this one ugly?’

2 Likes

This is way more uglier

3 Likes

At day 30 or so this plant stopped putting on weight and I found a few bananas. I figured no big deal, pulled them off and kept going.

Then I did it again, and again, and again.

I’ve seen and killed herms before but this one was very bad. New flower growth twisting itself male.

Interesting is all.

3 Likes

So another noob question, I find my 400w lamp is raising the etectrical bill and between that and the risk I think I will need to downgrade from 400 to 150w hps, shoul be ok for an average of 7 medium plants?

2 Likes

have you seen the cheap led light thread? If you have heat problems, and electric problems, led would help with both.

3 Likes

As far as I know you need the same power draw so have a 150w hps lamp or a 150w led board is actually the same comsumption, heat is kind of a problem with 400w but with 150 will be nice on my set up, it is a 2x4ft closet, usually 6 or 7 plants.

That’s really pushing it— unless you flower them really small…
Rule of thumb(usually): 150w covers UP TO a 3x3 space… 400w up to a 5x5/6x6 space depending on the hood you use …
consider CFL’S mixed with LED’s…or T5’s… less heat, less electricity… but keep emclose as you can without burning your tops!!

1 Like

LED is much cheaper, check these equivalences … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

Yep, medium size plants, 1 month vegg and 2 flowering, about 1m tall. My room is a 2*4, so 3x3 equivalent in square/ft.

If it was so plain like that!
I have a led lamp, true it is a bit of crap from aliexpress and was a bas led experience for me, It is probably 50-75w power draw and it can grow mini plants. So I use it to keep mothers from growing too fast under that crwppy light, has plenty of leds but not good.

That chart is from what brand of leds?

SO I ended up with 2 brand models for the same price, I don’t know witch to choose…

Spider farmer SF1000

or

Mars Hydro TS1000 Quantum Board

What do you think? any experience with any of this products?

2 Likes

that’s right, bro …
don’t fall for the “trap” that many do = don’t substitute watts for watts,
be smart and try to match the same results, but with less cost *wink *

you can indeed safe energycost with the same result when switching from HPS to LED.
i am only using two thirds of the consumption as i did before with exactly the same yields.

i ran a 400w HPS (among others) and substituted it for 4x55w LED-
setup with same yield, less temps and same quality of bud :wink: :nerd_face:

1 Like

I like both lights to be honest. I think it’s a matter of preference and stats of output and efficiency.

But being from Portugal myself,I must say it is a pity you don’t use the environment to your advantage bro!

With how summer is going, you would have to buy a few more jars at the Chinese shop instead of spending big on lights :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cumps

1 Like

Yeah, I will go with mars hydro in 2 months on the next run.
Portugal is dry like hell and in my area there aren’t streams where I can place safely any plants… and I cannot stand having few of all, some may die, some may burn, so because of location I don’t go outside.

I don’t need as much light as I am using, I am shure, the plants like the extra power but also suffer from heat.

I am going with a 150w from mars hydro, hoping to get near 200w hps results, despite what they say I am not confident ts1000 is all I will need but will give it a try, I can save some wattage on fans and some on light power.

I am doing between 6 and 8 plants in this small space 2x4 so it might cover the area well.

And I might do things like using hps in winter and led the rest of the year according to temperatures.

1 Like

Another noob question, I will have a 150w led and was wondering if it would harm if I get a 150w hps by led lamp side.

An older rule of thumb is that you need 30-50 watts per square foot. A 150W lamp really isn’t going to be effective coverage in a 2x4 IMO. I run 300 watts LED in a 2x4, and 200 in my 2x2.
Adding an HPS in addition to the LED would get you to a better light coverage, but utterly defeats the purpose of lowering temps…Those HID lamps are H-O-T!

2 Likes

That is why I am considering put 150 hps I have with 150 led board…

1 Like

I know because I am running a 400w hps in there right now… But 150w is way cooler than 400w.

1 Like