Northeastern Growers' Corner

Don’t want to jinx things but it’s looking like a bust here, less than 6 inches of snow so far, unless something changes fast we’re getting way less than 2 feet. Winds are cranking but not as bad as the storm 2 weeks ago. I think southeastern Mass, RI is getting the big snow.

3 Likes

The wind is slowing down a bit here (SE Mass/RI line) But the snow is still going.
I can’t get out my back door, cause the drift is over 3’ high and blocking the storm door from opening.
Some parts of the street are bare, others have 4’ drifts on them

2 Likes

I’m one of the lucky ones I guess we got nailed n it’s still coming down, waiting on my bf in the plow to pick me up the roads are a mess, hope everyone stays safe

The back of my work rn

4 Likes

@Northern_Loki that’s one hell of a deal :laughing:

3 Likes

12 iches so far here …

1 Like

When I was stationed in Alaska we would put sheets on the front window to make clean off easier

2 Likes

Looks like we got about 14 inches here but most of Eastern Mass. got a lot more - two feet in Boston and south shore. 18 or 20 over a big area. “Cold smoke” powder too! I love it

no sign of my opiate-addled plow guy yet…hopefully I’ll get outta here sometime tomorrow

2 Likes

I live in the suburbs off I-95 towards the Islands but I can view I-95 , looks like a nuclear bomb went off leaving white ash miles of highway both ways non existent…

3 Likes

Hey I’m just popping my head into the thread to say hey from CT!

10 Likes

have you seen the 14 day forecast?

winter is over, and 3/1 is days away :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

at 12

53°/29°

Partly Cloudy

5%

SW 12 mph

Sun 13

32°/16°

Snow Showers

50%

N 9 mph

Mon 14

26°/14°

Partly Cloudy

4%

NW 12 mph

Tue 15

33°/19°

Partly Cloudy

0%

WNW 11 mph

Wed 16

41°/38°

Mostly Sunny

4%

S 14 mph

Thu 17

53°/48°

PM Showers

41%

SSW 17 mph

Fri 18

52°/25°

Rain/Wind

67%

WSW 22 mph

Sat 19

36°/27°

Mostly Sunny

13%

WNW 9 mph

Sun 20

38°/28°

Mostly Sunny

3%

WNW 9 mph

Mon 21

42°/33°

Mostly Sunny

17%

SW 7 mph

Tue 22

46°/36°

Partly Cloudy

13%

SSW 8 mph

Wed 23

48°/37°

AM Showers

32%

SW 9 mph

Thu 24

48°/38°

Showers

35%

SSW 10 mph

Fri 25

48°/31°

AM Showers

37%

WSW 13

Powered by theIBM Cloud

1 Like

i used to be ;), late 1960’s-2003, and a strong island it was. too crowded for me now, but if you could/can make it there, you were good anywhere on earth. more in your face, challenges than the average ‘region’ imho, biased of course.

GO RANGERS!!!, much like princess leia said to old ben - ‘you are our only hope’

whats everyone thinking about running for outdoors this year? would love to hear what vanities are working well for the east coasters outdoors

My plan for this season includes
Wedding cake
Forum Girl Scout cookies
Stardawg
Chemtrail(( friends created this exact linage unknown)
Diesel Elvis
Also popping some seeds to try out

Those are the plans. I already hear God laughing!!

6 Likes

You have any plans for your outdoor?

1 Like

yea, so far planning to run some of @JohnnyPotseed Stop Lights (NL5xPPP) as well as some of bodhi’s LAPK x Uzbekistan Hashplant. i got this wild idea to find something from a region that shares the same latitude as my spot here in the NE. i drew a line on google maps and found that Uzbekistan has some producing regions on the same latitude, so i went out and tracked down Bodhi’s LAPK x Uzbekistan and im gonna see how my theory holds up this year

also thinking i might run a couple of @Alaskagrown blueberry autos outside early season to get a little staggered harvest going

9 Likes

I’m giving autos a try this year, traded with someone to get a pack of @Oldtimerunderground Spotted Lime auto F2 x (RK62 x DieselRyder). Probably also going to put down some M33 Friesland x (R2NL2 x M33) and a few seeds from my first grow that hermied early from timer mishaps and grew some healthy, mature seeds that I have about a hundred of, that’s either a LAPK selfing or more likely LAPK x Chamhaole, which would be interesting, and easy to tell the difference.

8 Likes

Phew. I’m trying to mail some clones to a friend and I this weather is so unpredictable, I hope they make it okay. Non-mush and non-frozen would be swell haha

2 Likes

those friesland crosses should be good and hearty outdoors. theres a local breeder here that used the friesland in a cross that performs really nice outdoors here, got a couple beans myself from him and ran them indoors to test them for him and the smoke is great, gnarly like vicks vapor rub flavor and a good nighttime high

5 Likes

I did a little torture test last year and put out four in a shady lowland that floods a few times a summer from the swamp next to it. They didn’t produce any bud to speak of in the shade, but half of them made it to the frost through the slugs and mold that killed their sisters. They seem tough enough that with a better location they’ll be great low maintenance plants.

6 Likes

This thread may be long dead, but I will be going down to cape cod in the summer, and was wondering if anyone had recs for shops to visit. I see there are a plethora of shops in the area, but hard to sus out which ones are good/bad.

Also, should say I will be driving down so anything from the border to cape cod is within reach.

3 Likes