Not Just Another Tincture Thread

TY, I know you had said I could use it but haven’t got that far yet.

Edit: I bought 6 bottles but it is only 70 so while have to go shopping :angry:

1 Like

Has to be 99% as well

1 Like

Finally got my 94% alcohol after a lot of procrastination. While I am waiting for a good time to decarb and make my place reek, I am wondering if I can make a “free” test run tincture with all this baby poo reclaim I keep saving but wouldn’t actually smoke? I have around 9 grams. Would be nice to use waste for something useful.

2 Likes

I’ve not done it personally, but I hear that there is still some THC, CBD, CBN, etc left I them. They should be decarboxylated already due to vaping temperatures. Give it a shot. I hear the taste isnt great though.

1 Like

Everclear works really well, there’s a Polish one that is 96%, plus no worries about boiling off anything​:sunglasses::sunglasses:…well sorta​:joy::joy:

1 Like

I have read entire thread. I just want to clarify for us EUropeans non english. When you reffer to OZ do you mean whats officially fluid OZ. 1 oz=29,5 ml?
Why there can be only one system :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, I do mean a fluid ounce, 30 ml. I used to have both metric and standard values in the recipe. Guess I didnt copy that info in. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

Can I ask how to do a full purge when using Iso or medical nafta? Also… I know it has been somwhere in this thread but I cannot find it. What is the temperature / time for decarb you have settled for.Thanx

1 Like

I cannot advise on any solvent other than ethanol, perhaps someone else can, or Google will give you some answers.

I decarb uncovered in the oven at 240°F for 40 minutes.

2 Likes

Decarbed an Oz of shake / popcorn, ended up with around 500ml to start after mixing the 2 washes together. Evaporated off most of it and am going to try to make candies later today and will report back if they are any good.

While I was evaporating in a double boiler I almost lost it all because the cheap bowl cracked. I swore so much as I took droppers and transfered it to a new container. I might have invented a few swears.

Pics are a bit zoomed in had to crop them since they were above max allowed size

Thanks again for all the hard work put into the research and development and sharing the findings.

7 Likes

Oh that color looks great! That’s going to make some fine medicine right there! I would suggest making a test batch of candies first. The ingredients are cheap enough.

Did you test the tincture by itself? Do you get the desired effects? :+1::pray:

2 Likes

Thanks. I haven’t tested it yet. Kinda paranoid, have had a few bad experiences with edibles in the past so I’m extra cautious. I’ll have a few friends test it later today. I made them to give away anyways. Once I know they aren’t going to blow me away for 6+ hours then I might try a small amount until I find out how much is good for me instead of overdoing it. I want to feel like I’m really high from smoking, not like I can barely lift my arms :smile:

That just goes to show the importance of properly dosing. When you just throw a bunch of dank into a small amount of butter and make cookies, there is no way of telling when you are getting way too much.

Had a stoner moment realized I had bought gummy bear moulds instead of candy ones which have no space in between the holes to make pouring easy. I just poured the candy onto a parchment paper and I am going to scale it by weight. I put the tincture in the candy around 280f instead of 270 thought I was gonna degrade the THC so poured it almost right away onto the parchment. How long do you normally keep the tincture in the molten sugar before pouring to make sure its all evaporated? Might have ended up with slightly under hard crack. Oh well , I’d rather it stick to my teeth than have it not work at all!

Pretty excited to see how this turns out. It’s too bad the liter and a bit of alcohol cost me 66 bucks.

3 Likes

The alcohol pretty much flash boils immediately. I just stir until it is thoroughly mixed.

hahahahahahaha!! So, those are not really close friends I guess :wink:

4 Likes

@ReikoX what would you recommend for fresh bud after harvest to make a non decarbed tincture? I have mine at 0f in the freezer now after a few days in separate jars to reach -2f. I’m getting more alcohol tomorrow as I didn’t have enough to fully submerge it. I popped it back in the freezer together for now.

I guess my main question is how long until I have my Green Dragon dready to toss the buds? If it’s a Matter of volume I’ll have that covered tomorrow.

1 Like

I soak everything, frozen for two hours. I’ve never tried fresh bud, always used dried and cured.

1 Like

I guess I’ll be the tester for that version then :joy:
I’m doing an long soak as the buds were just barely covered. Tomorrow night I should have more everclear for the rest of it, but I guess by the time it’s all finished it’ll be about 72 hours soaked in the freezer. With the bud leftover I’ll make a warm wash to get the rest and separate the 2 tinctures for reference. Not hot enough to evaporate the alcohol. Just enough to keep it all mixing.

It sounds like a “live resin” version of an inactive Green Dragon, really “green” with that long soak. Even fresh it still only takes a few seconds to strip the cannabinoids and anything over that is mainly extracting other compounds. Are you planning to reduce it afterwards to concentrate it? If so, you’d want to use a natural evaporation, especially if you desire an inactive tincture. You’ll also want to keep it refrigerated when finished because an inactive alcohol tincture will decarb naturally at room temperature in approximately 4 months.

You should have a terpene heavy tincture like a “live resin” concentrate which could have a lot of benefit. I’d be interested in how that turned out.

5 Likes

No luck on the first batch but it’s my fault. Don’t know what I was thinking but I realized after 2 days that I only used half the alcohol instead of all of it for the batch. I was using an oz of shake so I’m sure I needed it all.

I have another oz already decarbed in the freezer. Tonight I’m going to use that with the leftover from the first run and use the whole thing in one batch of candies.

You are correct. I believe you were the inspiration for my first experiment with tincture a few years back. since then I’ve been learning that a little green isn’t that bad for me and I’ve found a coffee filter does wonders for pulling chlorophyll out. If I wanted it Amber though it might take a lot of everclear to clear it all out of the filters. All poured in the freezer to solidify as much chlorophyll as possible. Long soaks I’ve found seem to pull something that makes the tinctures hit stronger to me.

Also I’ll be winterizing it again if it’s too green. I want my live resin like oil😊