Not Just Another Tincture Thread

I got molds ordered, knox gelatin in bulk.
Just what I need, Thank you Newb. Just what I needed.
Tincture picked up a quart of 150.proof today.
Can’t remember last time I slept 8 hrs. Straight

Nicer to travel with im sure

5 Likes

Yes, travelling w these babies is very easy.

If youre using 150 proof and not something stronger, make sure you reference reiko x’s posts about using lower proof alcohol

5 Likes

I’ll have to.look around , I can use the 150 for watermelons

2 Likes

I’ll leave this male-potency question - and slightly humorous anectdote - here for this thread’s extraction experts:

So, yesterday morning I accidentally dosed my household like a cult leader losing grip on his flock…

It goes like this. Friday night I culled a couple of males as the little pin-headed preflowers nestled in the nodes presaged the plants commitment to savage my sensemillas with their filthy genetic contribution. Kill all unwanted males? Done.

The plants were in 12/12 for just 10 days or so, and I had defoliated upon flip time, so the vegetation was limited to growth tips and surrounding leaves, no fans. Having annihilated these harbingers of sorrow, I snipped off the branches (small plants, maybe 14-16 inches), I doused them in water to make certain no scrappy bits of pollen survived their ordeal.

Problem solved.

Yesterday morning I was throwing some breakfast stuff into the Instant Pot (ground pork, carrots, celery, kale, rutabega, sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, fennel, rosemary). A last minute whimsy led me to toss in a bit of the foliage pulled off stems, might have been like a child’s handful of green, still wet having been removed from the bowl of water they were sitting in all night.

First, it was delicious.

Second? It ruined our day! I wasn’t really back with it until mid afternoon yesterday, and my roommate spent all yesterday afternoon throwing up, and has a bit of a (weed) hangover this morning. Four dogs were involved, all of which are fine, but yesterday was pretty “low-key” for them too (only one was really “stoned” but she was back to normal by bedtime last night). Of course the dog’s are not ever given THC intentionally, goes without saying.

We are not newbies here, and cannabis is part of our day-to-day and our tolerance is substantial.

Any ideas as to what happened here? Are male plants, barely into preflower, really that potent? If so, why is this not more of a widely used resource?

5 Likes

I have read that male plants can be potent, but its rarer.

2 Likes

Nefrella be like…

yee haw

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Hahahahha, pretty much!!

It was like before u go into surgery and you’re like “how long till this kicks i…” out like light. Ill be taking this tonight to, hubby and I are sick as dogs (covid free praise the Lord) just a wicked horrible upper respiratory flu.

BE safe all, its scary out here :heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

Considering using 190 everclear, 1 cup everclear to an ounce as this is the ratio I do with coconut oil, is my math accurate.
(.2)x28000÷250x75% = 16.8 MG/ml.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a good estimate of the potency. I’m not sure of the efficiency of the oil extraction vs the alcohol extraction. But close enough to get an estimate.

3 Likes

Thanks :). Based on reading your thread I’m assuming the alchohol extraction will be much stronger. I have a very high tolerance so I do all the testing my self then figure out dosing before handing them out to my family and friends then they all have their division of my reguler dose.

Thanks for verifying my math. I recently found your thread and my previous math was very basic and wrong lol. This makes a lot more sense.

5 Likes

You start experimenting w the tincture & gummies yet @OleReynard?

1 Like

Not yet best I can get is 150 proof, got the gummy forms and the gelatin.

1 Like

IME go ethanol and then evaporate, add coconut oil. I tried oil extraction- weak results. Straight oil was rough on my stomach, but I have digestive issues. But put the two together? Oh, just right.

4 Likes

Long time toker here. Getting ready to try the GD recipe. Super pumped about this! Thanks for the great info

3 Likes

So am I, pumped to see how it turns out for ya and giver a try.

4 Likes

Thanks bud!

1 Like

What are you using to capture your grain alcohol when making the tincture?

ExtractCraft Source Tubo.

https://www.extractcraft.com/ethanol-recovery-appliances

5 Likes

Hey @ReikoX, do you know if extracting CBD from high CBD (~17%) hemp would be the same process as making a THC tincture? I can get some crazy cheap flower, so cheap I’m thinking I may need to buy that source turbo with the quantities I’d end up running if it’s the same as making a THC tincture.

3 Likes

Yes CBD can be extracted with ethanol just like THC.

3 Likes