Not Just Another Tincture Thread

Natural evaporation and natural decarb just about to hit 4 months. These will be made into gummies and some other nibbles. Strains are NL (4,830mg) & Purple Lemonade (5,964mg). These of course are guesstimates taking the breeders % and accounting for 25% production loss

[grid]

[/grid]!

13 Likes

Just wondering what 5000 mg would be like…three day coma? :joy:

4 Likes

I’m willing…for science

7 Likes

:laughing: I’m not game to find out

That’s total mg. I’m a lightweight so i’ll be making 5 to 10mg THC and about 15 to 20 mg CBD and possibly some 1:1 as well.

haha

1 Like

Lol I’ve taken 100mg at a wedding and was pretty faded…can’t even imagine 5k

Gave me an idea for a thread

2 Likes

I can’t imagine 100mg that would send me to pluto

Just whipped these up Mango, Coconut & Lemon. Just a trial run to see how they set and cure etc… Could be a candidate for gummies with the NL or PL GD I posted above

[grid]

[/grid]!

23 Likes

@invisible
What recipe did you use for those?

2 Likes

Are those hard candies? They look great!

5 Likes

I asked Abstract_Burns from reddit for a recipe. He’s happy to give them out he’ll DM you there. You can use his base then just use whatever combinations of flavouring you like.

You should have a least a couple of gummie batches under your belt as you need to work reasonably fast with these and can become a little tricky towards the end of the pour :+1: :peace_symbol:

No these are gummies, I haven’t tried hard candies yet. :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Thanks. I’m just glad you didn’t say something like The Twitter or The Instagram. Not on either of those. I will get in touch with him.

If you ever find a good “sugar free” hard candy recipe (I know, it’s the sugar that makes it) let me know. Would love to do some.

4 Likes

Look for isomalt to make sugar free hard candies. It’s pretty simple, I think you can even melt it in the microwave.

5 Likes

No worries. I’ve never used Twitter and Instagram I rarely use. Abstract_Burns is a great guy and makes some pretty awesome gummies. If you read through some of the gummie posts he does give a couple of recipes away in them. You would then just adjust them to your liking.

I read somewhere in one of his posts that its his job so I didn’t want to post his recipe not my place, I’m also not sure which ones he gives out to people either.

I’m not a hard candy fan but I’ve a sneaking suspicion that @PSam has made an isomalt candy before which it was @ReikoX was eluding to, there may even be a recipe in this thread somewhere I’m not sure

5 Likes

I’m really loving this websites recipes. They are very well done.

https://emilykylenutrition.com/

I took my GD and made her gummies. They are drying right now, but ate a few “fresh” they exceeded my expectations.

22 Likes

Hats Off @invisible! Those gummies look great, like commercially made. Where’d you buy the molds? I like your choice of flavors :yum:

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t have pictures as I have to work on my pictures file size.

I haven’t added anything into the pot for a bit, so I thought I’d add my method for making a replacement for xanthan gum and guar gum.

One method uses the freezer and a fine mesh metal strainer to scrape the gel off the seeds after they’ve frozen solid. The other method is to just say fuck it and use a spice grinder or mortar and pestle to turn the seeds into a powder.

Both methods have you make a water only gel initially and then when that’s made you can use that gel in most anything afterwards to bind/gel up whatever you’d want more viscous.

You want to use basil seeds. Use the organic certified as they’re not sprayed and food safe if you can’t find a bag of them. Otherwise grow a bad plant and you’ll have plenty in a couple of months after it sprouts. Basil seed gel will work with ethanol, vinegar, acidic environment, basic environment, oil, and water obviously.

It’s not a magic bullet. You still need to work with it to make it work without breaking emulsion. Mixing it in order will keep the chemistry of the geling emulsion stable. In this case partially stable, but this way it doesn’t need an immersion blender and a whisk works just fine.

Think a flax egg, but much better. Especially if you enjoy the taste of basil.

5 Likes

Thanks @Yooper63 They’re great! They have very little added sugar, that’s what I like about them the most, oh and the taste. 20g added sugar in 70 gummies.

I got them from a store in AU but you can get them in the US or Aliexpress.

US
or
Ali

:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

So many molds to look through! I made mine following @newb2.0 recipe, so no direct comparison to yours. Mine are ~2.5 Cal / .6 g sugar per 2 ml gummie. I need to watch my sugar intake. I’ve made 4 batches in the last 3 months (~500 gummies). Damn. they go fast :yum:

The last of the stash. Strawberry Kiwi, Berry Blue-Raspberry Lemonade and Pineapple-Peach-Mango. No Grape left. Time to make some more :man_cook: Keep up the good work.

7 Likes

I made dinner on our 34th anniversary. Surf & Turf and sides. Everything was infused. I’m guessing 130 mg per meal. No seconds, thank you, :woozy_face:

I woke up in the rocker 14 hrs later. And pain free the next 2 days!

20 Likes

They look great. It very addictive making gummies well to me it is anyway :laughing:
Here’s the latest batch I’m just trying some different methods and ingredients more or less sticking with the same base.

On the left I have a Keylime Panna Cotta and on the right a Strawberry Pudding.

The strawberry pudding has a very small amount of jello in it less than a box but the KLPC has no jello nither did the ones I posted yesterday 0 jello.

Once I dial in the KLPC I’ll share that recipe as its mine. You can see in the picture that the sunflower lecithin (liquid) has not combined with the other ingredients properly. I’ll use a stick blender in the next batch to emulsify it better. If that doesn’t work I’ll try granules.

To be made in the next few days I have creme brulee, butterscotch mouse & chocolate mouse gummies waiting to be made. I’ll try make them over the next few days. One a day maybe

I haven’t made any with cannabis in them yet so I don’t know how it will taste once that’s added in

Hell I may even start another thread I don’t want to take up to much space in the tincture thread with edibles. :peace_symbol:

8 Likes