Nutrients on a budget?

Another good one for a budget, GH Floralicious Plus. This 16oz bottle will make 470 gallons of hydro reservoir or soil drench at 1 ml/gal or around a hundred gallons of foliar spray at four times that strength. It’s vegan and contains NPK, kelp for micros and hormones, humics, and aminos. You could use decent potting soil, this, and a PK booster and you’d be good to grow.

“Floralicious Plus has high concentrations of vitamins, complex sugars, amino acids, phytostimulants, polyflavonoids and aromatic oils in an organic fluvic base. Florolicious Plus also contains a liquid suspension of Bacillus Subtilis.”

2 Likes

Looking dialed on the cheap!

@Dirt_Wizard 2/0.8/0.02 is weak stuff , so not that cheap , actually expensive really : )

3 Likes

Just got my MegaCrop sample in, pretty darn good for $9.50! Wasn’t expecting the kelp, that’s nice, I needed that actually. Also a 15% discount code if any of you all want to use it:

5 Likes

IDK, weak in NPKs but that’s not the sole reason to use it. I think it’s one of the cheaper and easier bottles to reach for if that’s how you grow, and it works in all different systems. I’m still standing by it as an simple liquid way to cover a bunch of the bases on plant nutrition, but I’m sure there are better things out there, just maybe not as universally available at the hardware store or garden center. I don’t use it much in my weed plants anymore since I add Bio-Ag humics and kelp meal and protein aminos separately now, but before I did that I could see a noticeable difference in my plants after a feeding.

2 Likes

Here’s a link that will blow your mind…on the cheap!! NPK ratios included.

Cucumber skin ash + shrimp heads = powerpunch for flowering!

4 Likes

Had forgotten about that! Mind you haven’t been here on of for a while…

1 Like

check out "Simply Simple " it a new organic 1veg and 1 bloom - have ued with great sucess -sample packs ($8.00) it’s got everyting in it !!

1 Like

I have been using MasterBlend with calcium nitrate, Epsom salt, calmag (for when I want to increase calcium and magnesium without increasing nitrogen), and monopotassium phosphate (for bloom) for about two years now and have everything pretty much dialed and I won’t go back to premixed solutions. These are all very cheap nutrients and last forever. Let me know if you want any of my feeding info. I also made a spreadsheet that you can use to determine NPK based on amounts of these fertilizers used

5 Likes

Im sure they’ve been mentioned, over the years, Down to Earth(DTE) has become my go to for affordable organic ingredients which has in turn led me to rethink alot of my houses waste and recycling methods. So much around us, for free, hopefully for many years to come. If you do have to spend money but really want to go cheap, there are many products sold at aquarium shops and feed stores(and many others) that are often the same exact ingredients for much less at much bigger bulk sizes. :beers:

4 Likes

Nice, I just ordered mine!

2 Likes

Sounds good, nice info. I think I will try the masterblend after I make it through my megacrop sample

2 Likes

As a happy DtE convert, I was just thinking of checking the prices on pumice at an aquarium store

1 Like

were to order have the veg mega want sanples of ?? thanks

forget nutrients,
growing in organic soil is literally “dirt cheap”

8 Likes

On the website there is a code to put in for the 3lb version. Just scroll down the page, can’t miss it. Still have to pay shipping, was about 10 for me.
Just type in megacrop, it’s the first page

3 Likes

Budget is relative :thinking: but the salty water dyna gro gallons I bought will last quite a while it seems… so it comes out pretty cheap. The media isn’t though so it’s a tradeoff.

Living soil is definitely my preference but until I build some, my property is solid rock with a thin clayey, humus’s crud. I was scratching my head for a minute wondering wtf keeps the trees alive here with 14’ of rain… duh! Mycorrhizae! White pithy mycelium sheathing galore.

It will be some time before I finish my soil project so for now it’s promix/addl perlite + feed & aloe & ewc.

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

I just bought some granular endo/ecto mycorrhizal and beneficial bacterial inoculant from ebay. You just add to the root ball when transplanting. Not sure how well it will work yet, but fingers crossed. I know this isn’t the cheapest way to make living soil, but it’s hard to beat at $22 for 2 pounds and you only use 2 tablespoons per plant during transplant.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352660868919

6 Likes

Mycorrhizae supposedly needs 4 months to get established so consider that :stuck_out_tongue:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Definitely depends on the stain of fungi and environmental factors, so we will see! Even if the fungal aspect takes a while, the bacterial inoculation will occur much faster

1 Like