Nutrients on a budget?

Was using OrgaGrow loved it not sure if it can be found anymore. Switching to the FoxFarm trio. I’m gonna go with the recommendation on feeding schedule then tweak as I go.
@Foreigner has the right idea!! Ain’t worth the $8 experiment. I try to maintain the KISS theory it’s less stressfull🤪

3 Likes

That is good to know because I will be trying Jack’s for the 1st time this next up run. Not the 321 system but mixing my own ratios with their 5/12/26 and the 10/30/20 . I have used Peter’s in the past in a regular garden. I feed really low, so at my usage levels I will be fine as long as it is fairly complete. I see it stays suspended and is easy to mix. My last flower powder was not so, and was a pain in the ass to mix. Glad to see you use and like it!

4 Likes

I’d suggest getting a worm bin started and use the worlds most perfect plant food worm casts cheap , won’t experience burning and provide long term nutrient benefits without deficiencies also.

17 Likes

Just wondering… how does that work? How many worms do you keep? Do you put the worms in soil and let them poop for a few months, than use that soil to grow in?

2 Likes

How much worm castings would you suggest? Do you use it as the exclusive feed? I throw a handful on top of my soil as a little insurance.

2 Likes

I run 25 gallon pots 1/2 pound to start when their happy they multiple like mad … good way to get rid of veggi waste I use like 10-20 % by volume usually pretty heavy dense stuff at times use it on all house plants as well

This will get ya started!

3 Likes

They even seem to find their way into the plant pots as well continually aerating you soil along the way

2 Likes

Almost, it provideS abundant NPK as well as calcium also I top dress with an all purpose organic DTE fert from time to time.

2 Likes

That’s good to know. I use much smaller containers than you but I might just add some castings into the mix.

3 Likes

Haha I’m growing in 16 oz cups ATM using wicking methods just basically experiment at this point .

6 Likes

Look up geoflora sample pack 4 lbs each for veg and bloom all organis only 12.99 that is covers shipping

4 Likes

Megacrop and Jack’s seem to be the favorites. I’m having great results with just maxibloom (lucas formula) and silica.
Maxibloom $22 for a bag that’ll last you forever and silica $13 will also last a long time. And whatever you use for ph up and down…but that’s as cheap as it gets. My 2 pennies.

5 Likes

Don’t do this. Measure your own by your own . Nothing wrong with wanting your plants to be better. However remember that growing plants is a personal relationship and journey with your plants.

3 Likes

I’m a maxibloom fan myself. I think some of it depends on your water too. For me the maxi is rock solid pH but the megacrop gives me wild pH swings. Cheap and lasts forever too. I do add calMag though but it wasn’t necessary at my old place with the water there.

5 Likes

I’m thinking of giving MaxiBloom a go. The price is right and it’s not a bunch of water in a bottle. Just for bloom though, for veg phase I will still use MC or something else I have on hand.

4 Likes

I been using Megacrop as well and so far so good :thumbsup: Very cost effective.

If I were in USA I’d give Jacks 321 a try as well.

1 Like

I needed for veg and bloom plus a fertilizer. So I ended up getting the fox farm. When I can get some cash together. I will try that. I know it’s a lot better but right now - I can just use what I can afford.

2 Likes

Yeah, my ph stays pretty stable. If I dont check it for a few days, it may drift from 6 to 6.5 or 6 to 5.5 and adjust ppms accordingly. I’ve only done a complete res change twice in my current grow. Never used calmag, city water has enough in it here I suppose.
@TrevorLahey you should give the maxibloom a try. It’s nice and cheap, as well as effective. Used to spend hours screwing around with garbage cans full of water adding this and that and this. It is hard to dissolve. But everyone finds a way to make it work.
Save money on nutes to buy more smokes and booze…amirite?

4 Likes

I have 2.2lbs of MaxiBloom on the way!

Might still pick up some sort of cal/mg though “just in case”

5 Likes

This round I’m just finishing up, was my first time using maxibloom and silica. Not sure if it was the genetics or the silica that stiffened and strengthened everything up…but the maxibloom and silica is my new favorite combo

4 Likes