NY and Massachusetts piff from back in the day

My black piff is not a week old she’s the biggest seedling

2 Likes

Black A5 Piff and some other Top Dawg strains available in NYC tomorrow

2 Likes

Anybody with the Bandaid down for a trade?

1 Like

This should be interesting…I’m hoping to make it.

8 Likes

So piff coast farms, microbe alchemist(soul rebel collective) and then topdawg. There are a few more. @SubSoilSelections always glad to have you repping genetraders, I’ve done a couple shows and they are awesome. Highly recommend, but there is a fellow out of Miami which just came out with legit piff. Everyone who has smoked it says it’s churchy as a mofo and on point to days of old. I know piff coast and microbe is always running deals. I’m from central MA.

10 Likes

I hope to be entering some stuff I have going. That will be a killer time, hope to see you there.

4 Likes

That’s the plan as of now :+1::+1: I’ve got a few Black A5 Piff running right now and a Piff Coast Piffs2 clone I’ll mother out. I won’t be entering them but I’m hoping to have some decent smoke by then.

4 Likes

Hope to see everyone at piffcon! We are gathering all of the best haze in the city and around the world it should be an interesting time!!! Thanks for the shoutout @Jamescoldflame and @Derpterps

13 Likes

Good to see you made it to the board :+1::+1:

Topdawg and diesel kartel black piff and puday holiday

10 Likes

Welcome to the community! Glad to see a friendly face around these parts!

1 Like

Looks good :+1: youre a brave man not topping those hazes. I’ll post up pics of my Black A5 Piff later today when the lights are on.

1 Like

Do you have any details on who this is or how to acquire these genetics?

2 Likes

I’d give my left ball for a seed of that. Hope you make some crosses that plant looks amazing yer doin great!

3 Likes

If the fellow your talking about sunshine state based company there really in Michigan I saw on strainly they claim to have the real cuban black haze bx but was told not to trust them,I believe there are different meanings to the word or strain piff it started being a ny haze whether it was cuban black haze,wash height haze,nl5xhaze,g13 haze,liberty haze some strains can show the same phenotype and the fact that there all related in some way so to say which one is the real piff which variety well there are probably a couple strains that could be passed off as piff who and which one is the original and real noone can say for sure one hundred percent and then people just started calling fire weed piff and from there it got confused I believe

2 Likes

Cuban Black Haze is the Piff, it goes by a few names, Piff, La Negra, Miami Haze, the great 88 are some of them. There’s also the Brown cut AKA Uptown Haze and the Golden Haze cut. Never heard of a specific cut named Washington Heights Haze, Washington Heights was the spot back in the day for haze. @Piffcoastfarms is the purveyor of Piff. There’s only one cut named Piff, everything else is considered Haze. People like to use the word Piff to describe some of the terps from these hazes.

Like Sour Diesel, and OG people bastardize the name and attach it to any strain to market it to the masses. There’s only one Sour Diesel but many people attach names in front to stake claim but when it comes down to it there’s only one, all the others are imposters.

2 Likes

First picture is Black A5 Piff buds, pheno #1 and 2, at the end of week 3

This is pheno #3, same age. All have been topped twice so far and she’s the tallest of the bunch.

Here’s a PC3 (Piff S2 #3) clone from Piff Coast Farms after being quarantined for 3 weeks.

8 Likes

Random I get that theres also a few different stories and were not historians the original they say is from Florida and then they say it was liberty haze or a g13 haze mix there’s a buncha different haze varieties theres no way to know 100 percent is what I was saying you can definitely get the same type of terps out of a buncha these above,I was trying to say that I think people got a misconception cause I was saying in the beginning it was the haze then people started using it as in I got piff like fire is used today so some people think they smoked it but it could have been something else also so when they go back to find it who’s to say it was the original piff,the only reason I have an idea is cause I live in mass and when I was 12 and 13 For years after we used to get the .7 for $20 in these lil baggies n we used to get em from ny and im 32 so that was back in like 2001-2009 so I have an idea of what it looked and smells like,but it’s cool they have a cup cause then more then just one person can say that’s it,but in the end the best thing to do if u can’t find online is if you have a couple different haze varieties or buy some liberty haze or g13 haze I bet if you hunt you’ll find something very similar and you just keep it around, unfortunately we have alot of fuckery within the community and people wanna make money and say they have the real thing but in reality there’s no one cut of piff or one particular strain there can’t be it’s a certain pheno,as in looks, smell,flower time etc also I know that they used too pull it really early also like they wouldn’t let it completely finish the flower cycle sometimes it wouldnt be completely dry you’d have to wait to smoke sometimes they probably couldn’t wait to sell it idk,if you grow out a buncha cuban black haze seeds it’s all gonna smell different look different also climates can change a plant drastically as well

3 Likes

I’m sure @Piffcoastfarms can chime in but the Cuban black cut that he and top dawg have is the decades old “block work” piff that has been around. That’s not to say similar terp can’t or haven’t been found in a variety of other “piff”/haze seeds tho.

5 Likes

Yup the early 2000’s was a great time for cannabis in NYC. We used to get 20’s and 50’s in little plastic containers called “coffins.” Every now and then you’d get .8 for $20, but .7 was standard. Gotta love street level prices. Sour D used to come like that too. It’s like that was a trendy way to package at the time. If you were doing hand-to-hands around Dyckman or further into Washington Heights, most were packaging in baggies because who wants to post up with a bunch of plastic containers? Haven’t seen coffins in a decade+, but when talking about these strains I immediately think of those coffins.

Really looking forward to @Derpterps reports about the genetics he’s running.

8 Likes