NYCD ruby red grapefruit cut or crosses

Hello

In Europe nobody know where is this old cut of Soma : NYCD ruby red grapefruit. We have the new cut : mandarina, but the old cut has disappeared and it was the better ^^

If anyone have informations about this cut, or crosses from, I say a BIG thank you.

I have the Grapefruit Diesel clone but it’s like diluted stuff :slight_smile:

Thank you everybody

All the best

6 Likes

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but maybe some others still look for the same.
I know the ruby red grapefruit pheno, oh dear… My kryptonite… I back when nycd started to win the firsg awards I bought 3 packs of him in Amsterdam, spent a fortune on this seeds. The germ rate was not even 50%. I popped all 3 packs (~350$) to end up with around 12 plants. Most were fems, but none of them had that smell and taste I remembered from the NYCD back at the cup.
I contacted Soma later about this and he sent me a free pack of 5 NYCD fem, with a note, the red grapefruitpheno has a better chance in the fem beans to show up. Out of 5, 2 plants made it and both had that smell and taste. One was special, she was… Outstanding. The puredt euphoric high, not as strong as hazes, but clear and pure joy. The taste and smell on the otherside, pure grapefruit. I was still smoking cigs back then and rolled with tobacco, but with a bud of the nycd, no tobacco smell or taste. Just sweet, ripe, red grapefruit taste, which stayed on the lips and tongue. Very tasty
After I lost this plant due to a friend taking care of my mums, I tried to rehunt that pheno. I contaced Soma again, and he replied it can be found in all reg or fem nycd, that was back in 2008. From other sources I heard, Soma lost most of his original breeding stock, that’s when the red grapefruit pheno dissapeared as well.
I was hunting it of different sourced, crosses made with old NYCD stocks, but never found one that came close. Like OP wrote, just diluted stuff.

But even now I still hope for the best and still hunt it down. This list is what I was growing, to find one that comes close to the old NYCD:
NY47, Grapefruit Diesel (NG & Phenofinders), NYPD (NG & Nirvana), Dieselicious, Chiesel, Black Diesel, Blue Diesel, NYCD F2, F3 and F4, Grapefruit Haze (NG), Ice… and so on. I buy everything promising and loon for that smell.

I still hunt and I know, one day I’ll find it

HiNooN

6 Likes

Yes this ruby red grapefruit was something special

The most closed strain I had the opportunity to smoke is grapefruit diesel, the cut underground in uk

This cut will come back for sure

5 Likes

Hey @HiNooN I got your email. Glad to see you here! Welcome back to Overgrow after a long hiatus!

To both you and @trytogoodbud, I hope somebody can help find the ruby red grapefruit you’re seeking. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Any luck on either of your searches / pheno hunts? I have been searching for this as well after trying it years ago and would love to know a good place to start looking if you’ve made any progress.

Hello

Try Toxic from Paradise seeds

It’s good selecxion of the ruby red grapefruit line, before soma lose it.

All the best

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s exactly what I was looking for. Do you mean the Acid strain? That’s what I found when I looked up NYC Diesel on Paradise Seeds. I also had my eye on the NYC Diesel / Ice Cool from Sweet Seeds, did you end up trying that one?

1 Like

Yes it’s Acid strain, I mistake sorry

And it’s pretty good breeder

Ice cool from Sweet seeds is from the Mandarina cut, not the ruby red grapefruit cut. For example Ice cool is the mother of cream mandarine strain from them.

All the best

3 Likes

soma’s cutz (amnesia, red ruby gf, varon dandy lavender, reclining and budda sister ect.)
they are all still out there and in good hands… they are just not accessible to open public.

ruby red grapefruit was nice but i let her go around 2016, she went boring after a while.
i made some crossed with her and moved on. good luck finding her, she is around but
only shared among inner circles.

I recently acquired a cut from skunk tek of his selection called oc-tang (somas nycd x sfv og) bred by Dave at green dot labs. Said to have insanely loud mouth coating grapefruit terp. Will report back after flowering it out :call_me_hand:t4:

6 Likes